• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Planning to buy a pre-owned car. City or Civic, that is the question.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by rksingh1 View Post
      Calvin, you're no different than me in some of the ways. I have my heart sold on CIVIC - its like my first love in cars. If given an option between Civic and City - CIVIC for me any given day!

All I worry about is the condition of Civic coming to me. Its rare to find a well maintained - decent fuel performer Civic. Civic never had good fuel performance, but I wouldn't like a petrol guzzler coming my way for sure.

If you are able to strike a good deal on a great Civic, then go for it for sure. I'd love to drive in my old dream car than a brand new i10 or Brio any given day.
      You spoke my mind! Esp, the last line!!

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a vitamin dose

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Calvin, did you work up any plan?

You inspired me to go out and look for Civics as well. You are right, 2009 and afterwards model are coating very steep online. Its hard to believe that a MT 2009 model (more than 6 yrs approx) is still costing around 6L.

I am not sure if going to dealer would of any help. Dealers (good ones) can help a lot in fixing the right car or deal. They will have their commission but we can certainly be spared from such insane asking price.

What's your thoughts on being the third owner of the car? That should definitely be a lot cheaper than 2nd owner car.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by rksingh1 View Post
      Calvin, did you work up any plan?
      My plans have gone for a toss after Honda Jazz is launched. My parents and spouse are not really convinced about buying a used car and after seeing Honda Jazz in the showroom, my family wants to buy that one. If I don't get a good deal on a used Honda City/Civic, I might buy a new Jazz.

You inspired me to go out and look for Civics as well. You are right, 2009 and afterwards model are coating very steep online. Its hard to believe that a MT 2009 model (more than 6 yrs approx) is still costing around 6L.

I am not sure if going to dealer would of any help. Dealers (good ones) can help a lot in fixing the right car or deal. They will have their commission but we can certainly be spared from such insane asking price.

What's your thoughts on being the third owner of the car? That should definitely be a lot cheaper than 2nd owner car.
      Yes, Civics from 2010 are quite expensive. Regarding dealers, even the ones like Mahindra First Choice are not really that transparent, in my limited searching experience. I've heard good things about TS Mahalingam Cars, but I haven't checked with them yet.

And I was advised against getting a second owner car by friends. I would say go for it if you get it for a good deal from someone known to you.

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a vitamin dose

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
      getting a second owner car by friends
      Any special reasons for this?

Awesome

Nothing specific. Generally, second owner cars are said to be not well maintained. It's just a generalization, and you might come across a good car irrespective of number of owners.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information