• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mi10's running Dilemma: - Booked & Cancelled Aspire and Figo - Now booked S-Cross!

Pedal to the Metal....

Hungry

[Noob advice alert]

Why no talks on Ford Endeavor ? Mi10 - if you budget is <15L then Toyota Innova fits the bill and purpose.

To kick it up a notch turn it into a pure ICE-Truck with 7.1 channel surround and a 40" flat screen behind the first row

My bad for tempting you

XUV in black with black tints is just awesome....but just so the Penguin doesn't get scared of the panther, buy the white one, put black tints and call it 'Panda' Personally I don't like certain sections of XUV's dash but if you want a beefy looking machine + tad bit of features then XUV should be your choice.

Shouldn't you be thinking which one would be best to ICE ?
      Last edited by southpaw; 11th Aug 2015 at 12:04.
      '14 Suzuki Swift VDi
      ICE - Done (Pioneer DEH-80PRS, Pioneer AVH-X5790BT, Helix B4 Amp, Helix H236 2-way Component system, Rainbow SL-S12 subwoofer, Dampmat)
      Remap - To be done
      Tyre upgrade - To be done

Living the dream

Awesome

Probably by September/October. The dealers had a TD of the vehicle last week at the Budh Circuit. Power specs - 1.4 T-Jet 160HP/230NM, I dunno if its for the Punto Abarth or 500 Abarth - Estimated pricing 15-20L
      Duster 110 -
      Source - Pioneer 80 PRS
      DSP - Helix DSP Pro
      Amplification
      - Mosconi AS200.4 (Mid Bass & Sub), AS100.4 (Tweeter & Mid Range)
      Speakers - AudioFrog GB60, GB25, GB10, Sub - GS12D4

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by rksingh1 View Post
      New XUV hasn't made me hate it that much as yet! I saw one silver and red on the road already and they looked lot more elegant than they seem in the showroom. Was it a head turner? Well, to me it was for sure. Elegance can look feminine! No issues with till it wow me with its performance and interiors!!
      I think it is more to do with what we get comfortable with. When XUV was initially launched, the busy face did not look good. With time we got adjusted to it, probably ignoring it. We got so much adjusted to busy front looks of XUV that the older busy face meant it is XUV. When the refresh came, we all complained that XUV has lost its aggressiveness etc., and that old face looks better. Today, while dropping my kid to school bus, i saw a white car, and it looked good from front face. It was new XUV, and it looked cleaner and better with the new face. I guess, with time we would start liking the cleaner new face of XUV.

^_^

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Ahh... cut the crap. Get the Thar Anbu Chelvan.
      Winners don't quit. Quitters don't win.

Reboot
      Curiosity killed the cat;
      Insecurity killed the man

Hungry

Blog Entries
      XUV: To be brutally honest, i never liked the XUV. But to be subtly honest, i did have my jaws drop looking at its performance ! But somehow it was never able to excite me to a level where i was dreaming of buying it. The reasons i have may not be the most logical, but it doesn't cut across my heart as it should have. The Newer 2015 XUV just put me offfffff...Looks like they just made a female version of a Brutish SUV !
      Verdict: Dropped

Toyota Innova: If i take out the enthusiast component in me completely, i would have brought it by now. Just that its just a boring vehicle to look and drive. But i know its probably what my family might need ! If i am able to take a decision without an iota of selfishness, it is this car. I dont know if i want to get into that state of complete sacrifice.
      Verdict: In Contention

Renault Lodgy: Will take a proper TD. As with reviews, i am hearing not so great rear bench. Suspension should be great, going by Duster / Terrano and Scala standards. Looks average at best. Pricing also goes under advantage tab. Can be remapped - assuming its the same engine as in Duster.

Polo 1.2 TSI: Too old in the tooth now, actually. I am dropping this out

Punto Abarth: Bowled over inside out. Complete satanic selfish desire. Which means, our family needs to move in two cars (we have done that before) - hence least economical of all choices. I am keeping this open - because i dont think there will be a better time for me to live with a Hot Hatch than this. Its almost like now or never, since when both kids grow up they need independent seats !! Waiting for Pricing. My cap is 10-11 L . More than that, i dont think its sane enough !

Creta: Doesn't make sense after initial analysis. Almost same scenario as Punto and i d rather buy that over this !

S-Cross: Same Fate as Creta

Thar: Everytime i look at that Damn Video in their Home Page, i get smitten beyond my senses ! Again - Complete Selfish desire. However megazoid can you confirm how usable those rear bench seats are. Can 4 people sit comfortably. I know the side facing seats are kind of irritating - but just trying to ascertain how good they really are.
      Verdict: in Contention

Xenon Double Cab 4x4 : Makes a better proposition than Thar as 5 people can travel with loads of cargo area. But Thar just is making my head go into a Tizzy. Actually i think Safari Strome would be a better option than this.

Safari Strome: Genuine love at first sight - i meant the original Safari and the second gen. Strome to me doesnt carry that swag the earlier gens had. Still it makes a compelling choice due its space, comfort and presence. Down side is TATA Questionable ASS looms large over my head. So Does the sheer size of this Truck. Need to do a TD.

New Endy, Pajero Sport, TFort - No Money
      RIP Penguin May 2013 - Dec 2015

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a vitamin dose

Awesome

Blog Entries
      New Scorpio? Hexa?

Also, tick off Innova from the list. Its go so much of a taxi image and its simply not exiciting enough.

If you wait for sometime, you can get an ownership review of Storme from speed79. To me, this is another great option. TD Lodgy, but I am convinced you won't like it. We may as well get a nice post from on its review!

Reboot
      Curiosity killed the cat;
      Insecurity killed the man

Hungry

Blog Entries
      New Scorpio?
      My Co-brother family just brought this one. now I can't buy this - Dont ask me why

Hexa?
      What is Hexa ? Is it a new Phone model ?
      RIP Penguin May 2013 - Dec 2015

Lost & searching..

Secret

Mi10, did you consider Aria ? My cousin has one and it is as comfortable as Innova if not more.
      There is only one cure for grey hair. It was invented by a Frenchman. It is called the Guillotine - PGW

Pedal to the Metal....

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
      New Endy, Pajero Sport, TFort - No Money
      As in "no money to buy all three" right ?

So to sum it up :

Punto Abarth
      Toyota Innova
      Renault Lodgy
      Mahindra Thar
      Tata Safari Storme

Hmm.....

Will Thar suit south indian weather conditions ? And those sheets that cover the rear part(canvas or whatever its called) are a major vulnerability. But yeah no arguments on the looks. Just saw it in one of the 'yennai arindhal' movie songs...."Mazhai Vara Pogudhae"...nice song to listen in the car I suppose.

After seeing Mi10's thread on his penguin, I can safely assume he wouldn't want to compromise on the "Beefy" image if at all he chooses an SUV.

So with that in mind the winner is "Safari Storme" ! Name it TheGrandFather......cut that man(Ratan Tata) some slack
      '14 Suzuki Swift VDi
      ICE - Done (Pioneer DEH-80PRS, Pioneer AVH-X5790BT, Helix B4 Amp, Helix H236 2-way Component system, Rainbow SL-S12 subwoofer, Dampmat)
      Remap - To be done
      Tyre upgrade - To be done

At Home!

Awesome

How about the TATA Winger and Tempo Traveller?
      The only people who have a problem with FIAT are those who have never owned one!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information