• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help : Which car

Awesome

rhythm. You could have a look at Tata zest diesel. I think it would satisfy almost all your requirements. Not sure about fun to drive. Give it atleast a try. Good nvh, ample power, comfortable for 5 adults, nice interiors, good legroom, light and accurate steering, high seating position, nice suspension and a good music system. Above all, it is available at about half the cost of Creta, and seems free of all infamous Tata niggles. But only and only if you are not averse to owning a Tata.

Interstellar Docking

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by rhythm View Post

Fiat Linea was top of my list and by this time I would have bought it but I am not very much confident about Fiat after sales service and availability of spare parts like Maruti or Hyundai.
      Buddy that is old news, Fiat after moving away from TATA has better A.S.S. Much better and involving. I took 3 TDs and booked Linea. Had to cancel it as per better half's liking on VW.

Like our friend pointed out:
      Italian and German car(read Tank like) makers for India are much ahead of Hs and S. Take a TD of Linea and Don't forget to ask a walk through of FIAT service and parts. They have partly solved the availability issue and less pain now. Most FIAT franchises do encourage customers themselves to know how different is it now.

Turbo lag in Vento could persist early but hey Vento doesn't like to see other cars' tail lights at all. You bet.
      Last edited by abhinov; 28th Sep 2015 at 09:03.

Sex is not the Answer. Sex is
      the Question. Yes is the
      Answer

Awesome

However long drive makes me tired and according to me its mainly due to heavy clutch and steering wheel and not so smooth gear box.
      I drive a car, originally built as a commercial vehicle with heavy duty clutch and made for heavy loads. The clutch is heavier than a normal car but I never thought about it at all. I am no young man and might just be old enough to be a grandfather of some of you guys here.

Every one is advising me to go for petrol car according to them its cheaper to maintain and even if I start the vehicle even after 2 week
      I parked my car at the airport for a month outside last winter in the coldest month of the year. When I returned, I just flashed my glow plugs and the car started at once. While in Singapore a friend of mine was about to buy a petrol Golf because his friends advised him that diesel cars were expensive to maintain. Their logic was that intercoolers, injectors and diesel pumps were expensive to replace. Obviously they knew nothing about cars or what these parts were.
      My friend drove out of the shop with a Golf GTDI. He is very happy with the diesel and wondered why he drove petrol cars for so many years. His job takes him to the north of Malaysia and does some serious mileage and he says he is having fun driving the diesel Golf.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Sparrow View Post
      Earlier you said all the cars you test drove were petrol except the S-Cross then how you know about turbo lag in Vento?
      Hi, I was comparing S cross with Petrol Vento. Sorry for the confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by abhinov View Post
      Buddy........

Like our friend pointed out:
      Italian and German car(read Tank like) makers for India are much ahead of Hs and S. Take a TD of Linea and Don't forget to ask a walk through of FIAT service........
      Quote Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
      In terms of road manners, driving pleasure and build quality, nothing can come come close to the Italians and the Germans. Fiat and the VW stable are leagues ahead of the competition.
      I completely agree with both of your posts and I do believe that Italian and German cars are known for their tank like build quality and mature handling. Its just that I am little afraid of their A.S.S. However I will take one T.D of Fiat Linea 1.4Tjet and one more T.D of Vento Petrol and diesel both just to see the difference.

Thanks.
      Last edited by kb100; 29th Sep 2015 at 09:34.

I Luv Machines!

Awesome

Hey,Sorry if I joined late. I would recommend FIAT Linea TJet or even an MJD. Linea is really stable,drive a fiat and you will know.A test drive will tell you a lot about it. A Trust me,Im enjoying my Punto 90HP bought recently. And,nope! Am not a FIAT fan boy. Just like good build on a car.Ask for discounts,bargains are good at this time of the year. Dont book a car at the first instance,wait for the showroom to call you back and tell them you'd be interested in a little bit more in offer. You will be surprized!

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Sorry for bumping this old thread but I have finally booked S cross Zeta and today I went to see the car in stock yard.

Uploaded some of the pics.

Thanks for all the help.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2865.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	471.9 KB 
ID:	223379Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2878.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	786.4 KB 
ID:	223380Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2885.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	829.3 KB 
ID:	223381Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2886.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	877.4 KB 
ID:	223382

Endodontist Here

Awesome

I have finally booked S cross Zeta
      Congrats @rythym on your S Cross Happy Motoring. Enjoy munching miles.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information