Looks like it's time to say good-bye to our 2005 Hyundai Accent CRDi. It is mostly used by my dad and the replacement would also be used by him most of the time. The plan is to exchange the Accent by Dec 2015 and go for a petrol sedan.
Points being considered:
- Not looking at sub-4 m sedans
- Need the maneuverability similar or close to that of the Accent
- Approx monthly running - 500 Km or less
- Do not prefer too many gizmos
- Would be driven inside city limit 80% of the time
- The car would carry 2 passengers most of the time and occasionally 5 + moderate load of luggage.
- The roads at Kochi are poorly maintained usually, added to that the Metro rail work.
For now the shortlisted are Hyundai Verna 4S S variant (1.6L) and 2014 Honda City SV variant. And below is what I trawled from the internet.
Better driving performance - City
Slightly better driving dynamics - Verna
Better headlamp illumination - Verna
Better build quality - Verna
Front & rear legroom; 3rd passenger at rear bench - City
Higher boot capacity - City (layout is better in the Verna?)
Higher chances of underscraping on full load (Check @ test drive) - City
Better OEM tyre specs - Verna
Slightly better mileage - City
Rear AC vent - City
Steering telescopic adjustable - Verna
Resale value - A Honda City is always a Honda City. A Hyundai Verna will only be a Hyundai Verna.
Dad is yet to test drive the vehicles. Meantime, would like suggestions and significant points from the experienced.