• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: My white (work) horse: Maruti Suzuki Ritz

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by anand_h View Post
      haha yes a good coincidence. Its always good to talk to somebody who has had the same set of cars And that too with the same engine configuration.

I have always disliked Maruti-Suzuki cars. I think in the name of fuel efficiency and "cheap maintenance", they have been selling tin cans as cars. They recycle parts for two decades across all models and there is absolutely nothing special about its cars. Its pure utility that offers pathetic safety to its occupants. Probably safer than an auto.

I love my Santro but always found it too cramped for my 6 foot frame. The Ritz is surprisingly very accommodating.
      The front seats are wonderful and there is very good space for me to stretch my legs while driving. Also it provides me with under thigh support. Shocking.

This is one car that doesn't feel like a tin can. With my eyes closed, I'd think of this as a Hyundai. The body panels are strong and don't bend inwards if I press my finger against it. The car has a strong ride quality that is very comfortable. The turbo kick from the DDiS keeps my i-Vtec on its toes

I always assumed the Honda City to be over-hyped. But when I was looking for a new car in 2014, I think I went through not less than 20 cars of all sizes before being thoroughly disappointed. My biggest two disappoints were the Nissan Sunny and the Maruti Ciaz. I was low and then happened to find myself in the Honda showroom. And boy oh boy!

How old is your Honda City? Don't part with it man.

I'll probably part with my Ritz in a year or two though. Although I really wanna touch a million kms with it
      I guess I'll touch 2.50 lakh kms before I sell it. Atleast I hope I do.
      Haha dont sell the Ritz or City before finding an apt replacement
      I made that mistake and really regret it

PS- fun fact, Ritz (aka Suzuki Splash, Vauxhall, Opel Agila etc) is a jointly developed car between Suzuki,Fiat and Opel/GM
      So its actually a bit of German, Japanese and Italian

I agree about most Marutis feeling cheap but I feel Ritz, S Cross, Ciaz feel very solid . Brezza is good at what it does and makes for a fine sub 4m car for city use with its small footprint
      My brother sold his Ritz and bought Brezza to accompany his XUV
      I decided to use City as beater car and Tucson for highway

Ritz feels more like a compact SUV in terms of the front seating position etc
      I tried out my friends Wagon R AMT for a month after selling my Ritz, was nowhere close to the Ritz at all despite both being tall boys

My City is 8 years old, very smooth except for a few new noises from ball joint (?) , AC is suddenly a bit weak at times, suddenly very strong. But oh boy, the car just flies !! No refinement issues at all
      Its only clocked 29k km but Im very rough with her and its definitely smoother than my other cars in the past such as my Ritz, Swift etc

Thankfully, your Ritz and City are pretty new, dont part with them
      My honest suggestion- part with the Santro and replace with a car to replace the Ritz or City before selling City or Ritz, that way you wont regret your sale like me
      I thought Ignis would be perfect but it didnt do much justice to the car it replaced, so I decided to check out Ecosport or Compass for future

Cars are Life

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by kkn13 View Post
      Haha dont sell the Ritz or City before finding an apt replacement
      I made that mistake and really regret it

PS- fun fact, Ritz (aka Suzuki Splash, Vauxhall, Opel Agila etc) is a jointly developed car between Suzuki,Fiat and Opel/GM
      So its actually a bit of German, Japanese and Italian

I agree about most Marutis feeling cheap but I feel Ritz, S Cross, Ciaz feel very solid . Brezza is good at what it does and makes for a fine sub 4m car for city use with its small footprint
      My brother sold his Ritz and bought Brezza to accompany his XUV
      I decided to use City as beater car and Tucson for highway

Ritz feels more like a compact SUV in terms of the front seating position etc
      I tried out my friends Wagon R AMT for a month after selling my Ritz, was nowhere close to the Ritz at all despite both being tall boys

My City is 8 years old, very smooth except for a few new noises from ball joint (?) , AC is suddenly a bit weak at times, suddenly very strong. But oh boy, the car just flies !! No refinement issues at all
      Its only clocked 29k km but Im very rough with her and its definitely smoother than my other cars in the past such as my Ritz, Swift etc

Thankfully, your Ritz and City are pretty new, dont part with them
      My honest suggestion- part with the Santro and replace with a car to replace the Ritz or City before selling City or Ritz, that way you wont regret your sale like me
      I thought Ignis would be perfect but it didnt do much justice to the car it replaced, so I decided to check out Ecosport or Compass for future
      I'm assuming you own the Dolphin-shaped Honda City (the second gen)?

Selling the Hyundai Santro makes no sense to me. I will get 40-50k for it. And the car runs like a dream. So replacing the car with another hatch is illogical to my brain. Plus its been with me through the worse phase of my life

I plan to sell my Ritz in a year or two because of its super high running. Also because I'm not emotional about it. It was bought purely to be a workhorse.

Oh yes, the S-Cross does feel very well built. I forgot about it.

Somehow I found the Ciaz to be a larger better looking version of the Dzire with the same poor build.
      Also even though the Brezza is a hot seller, I think the EcoSport is a far better mini-SUV.

Isn't the Ignis overpriced? I mean it offers a radical design, but that's about it.
      2003 Hyundai Santro Zip Plus LS - 101,000 kms
      2015 Maruti Suzuki Ritz LDi - 132,000 kms
      2015 Honda City iVtec V - 16,000 kms
      2017 Yamaha Ray ZR - 950 kms

Life's Boring !!!

Awesome

Chandigarh (Paradise) - Indrapuram (Vertical Slum)
      Isn't the Ignis overpriced? I mean it offers a radical design, but that's about it.
      To me from outside it is a mini Ritz

Cars are Life

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by back2u4u View Post
      To me from outside it is a mini Ritz
      The Ritz is a mini Ertiga from the front.

However the Ritz and Ignis are as different as chalk from cheese.

Awesome

I'm assuming you own the Dolphin-shaped Honda City (the second gen)?

Selling the Hyundai Santro makes no sense to me. I will get 40-50k for it. And the car runs like a dream. So replacing the car with another hatch is illogical to my brain. Plus its been with me through the worse phase of my life

I plan to sell my Ritz in a year or two because of its super high running. Also because I'm not emotional about it. It was bought purely to be a workhorse.

Oh yes, the S-Cross does feel very well built. I forgot about it.

Somehow I found the Ciaz to be a larger better looking version of the Dzire with the same poor build.
      Also even though the Brezza is a hot seller, I think the EcoSport is a far better mini-SUV.

Oh god no, not the 2nd gen
      I own the 3rd gen IVTEC (the one after ZX)
      The dolphin had IDSI and VTEC engines, IDSI was nowhere near VTEC or IVTEC
      We owned a dolphin IDSI years ago for a short while before selling off

Ciaz is much better built than Dzire, still nowhere near 3rd gen City though or 4th gen for that matter
      I feel 3rd gen City was a bit better built than 4th gen in a few ways though 4th gen did get a better suspension setup especially the front,much needed!
      City is easily a beaut of a car regardless of whether 3rd or 4th gen, IVTEC really pulls and pulls

Ecosport is a perfect mini-SUV but space is a big drawback compared to the Brezza

Ignis isnt that overpriced imho
      In a market where cars like Polo are so pricey despite engine being the only pro or even underpowered cars like Tiago/Tigor, Id go for a car with a balance of all
      Though I didnt like the Ignis as much as the Ritz, Id still stretch my budget and go for a base model Honda City over any of these new fangled hatches if I was in the scenario

Personally compact SUVs like Ecosport or Compass are on my watch for future

Awesome

The Ritz is a mini Ertiga from the front.

However the Ritz and Ignis are as different as chalk from cheese.
      Yeah Ritz and Ertiga are based off Swift platforms
      Ritz on old platform, Ertiga on 2nd gen Swift platform
      Ignis is based on Baleno platform

Cars are Life

Hungry

Oh god no, not the 2nd gen
      I own the 3rd gen IVTEC (the one after ZX)
      The dolphin had IDSI and VTEC engines, IDSI was nowhere near VTEC or IVTEC
      We owned a dolphin IDSI years ago for a short while before selling off

Ciaz is much better built than Dzire, still nowhere near 3rd gen City though or 4th gen for that matter
      I feel 3rd gen City was a bit better built than 4th gen in a few ways though 4th gen did get a better suspension setup especially the front,much needed!
      City is easily a beaut of a car regardless of whether 3rd or 4th gen, IVTEC really pulls and pulls

Ecosport is a perfect mini-SUV but space is a big drawback compared to the Brezza

Ignis isnt that overpriced imho
      In a market where cars like Polo are so pricey despite engine being the only pro or even underpowered cars like Tiago/Tigor, Id go for a car with a balance of all
      Though I didnt like the Ignis as much as the Ritz, Id still stretch my budget and go for a base model Honda City over any of these new fangled hatches if I was in the scenario

Personally compact SUVs like Ecosport or Compass are on my watch for future
      hahaha thank goodness. I controlled myself since I assumed you have the second gen. The Dolphin was NOT a City. It should have been rebadged as the all new Tata Indigo.

I've heard from numerous sources that the 3rd gen was better built than the 4th gen. I don't have any issues with my 4th gen, but I can only imagine how much better would the 3rd gen be in terms of build quality.

However the 4th gen looks a segment larger. I don't know how they managed this with design.
      Also I didn't like the interiors of the 3rd gen, even at launch.
      I LOVE the seats my 4th gen Honda has. I haven't sat on anything more comfortable ever.
      Plus it can hold its own in terms of looks, feel and speed with larger more expensive cars.

The Polo has always been overpriced. There is nothing special offered by VW for them to charge such a premium. I'd get the i20 on any given day (if I wanted a hatch).

The Compass is a stunner. I want one in blue and the other in red

Awesome

hahaha thank goodness. I controlled myself since I assumed you have the second gen. The Dolphin was NOT a City. It should have been rebadged as the all new Tata Indigo.

I've heard from numerous sources that the 3rd gen was better built than the 4th gen. I don't have any issues with my 4th gen, but I can only imagine how much better would the 3rd gen be in terms of build quality.

However the 4th gen looks a segment larger. I don't know how they managed this with design.
      Also I didn't like the interiors of the 3rd gen, even at launch.
      I LOVE the seats my 4th gen Honda has. I haven't sat on anything more comfortable ever.
      Plus it can hold its own in terms of looks, feel and speed with larger more expensive cars.

The Polo has always been overpriced. There is nothing special offered by VW for them to charge such a premium. I'd get the i20 on any given day (if I wanted a hatch).

The Compass is a stunner. I want one in blue and the other in red
      Haha yeah, I felt 1st gen was a better City than 2nd gen
      Dolphin is like the Honda Brio, Amaze etc not City, Civic, CRV, Jazz

3rd gen was a bit better built than 4th gen, though certain things like suspension are improved in 3rd gen facelifted model and 4th gen (I own pre-facelift 3rd gen, the one with the grey grille instead of facelifted 3rd gens chrome one), so you arent missing anything, dont worry. City is still the best car in the segment

4th gen is a bit larger cabin-wise I also feel, maybe engine bay is a bit smaller as 3rd gen used to have a 1.8 IVTEC option in China previously
      3rd gen City interiors grow on you, in fact even 4th gen City interiors didnt appeal to me at first but a few drives in my neighbours car and I grew used to it

I love Honda seats, hate the seats on Vento/Rapid. Even Ritz seats are much better than Vento/Rapid
      Given Honda is a bit stagnant in our market off late , Hyundai is a good alternative. Will never go for VW, couldnt find anything special in their cars
      In fact my SIL sold her Polo due to maintenance and frequent back pain

For the price of an X1 or Q3, Id buy 2 Compass- one petrol, one diesel
      Though I own a Tucson , so X1, Q3 feel pretty small and under featured

Cars are Life

Hungry

Haha yeah, I felt 1st gen was a better City than 2nd gen
      Dolphin is like the Honda Brio, Amaze etc not City, Civic, CRV, Jazz

3rd gen was a bit better built than 4th gen, though certain things like suspension are improved in 3rd gen facelifted model and 4th gen (I own pre-facelift 3rd gen, the one with the grey grille instead of facelifted 3rd gens chrome one), so you arent missing anything, dont worry. City is still the best car in the segment

4th gen is a bit larger cabin-wise I also feel, maybe engine bay is a bit smaller as 3rd gen used to have a 1.8 IVTEC option in China previously
      3rd gen City interiors grow on you, in fact even 4th gen City interiors didnt appeal to me at first but a few drives in my neighbours car and I grew used to it

I love Honda seats, hate the seats on Vento/Rapid. Even Ritz seats are much better than Vento/Rapid
      Given Honda is a bit stagnant in our market off late , Hyundai is a good alternative. Will never go for VW, couldnt find anything special in their cars
      In fact my SIL sold her Polo due to maintenance and frequent back pain

For the price of an X1 or Q3, Id buy 2 Compass- one petrol, one diesel
      Though I own a Tucson , so X1, Q3 feel pretty small and under featured
      Lets hope we continue our common car love and buy two Compass each All the best to us

Awesome

Lets hope we continue our common car love and buy two Compass each All the best to us
      Haha yeah !! Always helps to find other owners with the same cars for discussion
      Now to find more owners of Tucsons for discussion !!

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread Information