• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Abarth Punto - Launched @ 9.95 Lacs.

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by kkn13 View Post
      India as per rumours
      It mostly has just been a rumor. I really don't think that they are going to leave anytime soon. Even if they do - they'll have to make arrangement for servicing the cars which are in Warranty period. Jeep is an option or may be tie-up with some other third party groups for it.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by rksingh1 View Post
      It mostly has just been a rumor. I really don't think that they are going to leave anytime soon. Even if they do - they'll have to make arrangement for servicing the cars which are in Warranty period. Jeep is an option or may be tie-up with some other third party groups for it.
      So is it really worth buying an Abarth over Compass 1.4 or any other enthusiast car? New or used
      Genuine question since Im planning on purchasing a new/used car soon

Ive also shortlisted S Cross 1.6

Brio SMT

Secret

After City Linea T-jet is my second favorite mid-sized sedan. I am also fan of Abarth Punto. But sadly I think Fiat has really pulled the plug. Not sure when they are going to release new or even refresh model of current cars.

No Commerce, Just Fun
      Summer days

Secret

if Fiat leaves India as per rumours,
      It mostly has just been a rumor. I really don't think that they are going to leave anytime soon.
      FCA released their Annual Report 2017 sometime in middle of 2018 Feb

They have sold just 300K vehicles in Asia Pacific, Majority of them in China probably.
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-06-12 at 11.05.20 PM.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	201.0 KB 
ID:	231666

They say that in Asia Pacific they will mostly operate through subsidiaries and JV partners.

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-06-12 at 11.04.28 PM.png 
Size:	421.4 KB 
ID:	231667

On May 31st FCA had their capital markets Day and they uploaded their presentations and biz plans on their website after presenting it to analysts.
      You can find them at this link to their website.
      https://www.fcagroup.com/en-US/inves..._day_2018.aspx

i went through the presentations and here are some key points.

They are going to discontinue Diesel based Passenger Vehicles

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-06-12 at 10.56.39 PM.png 
Size:	785.2 KB 
ID:	231671

In Asia Pacific, only China is important, rest all countries are just "others"

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-06-12 at 10.53.28 PM.png 
Size:	401.1 KB 
ID:	231670

FCA is going to invest significantly in Jeep, RAM, Mesarati and Alfa Romeo Brands, rest all are just "sell them till people are buying"

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-06-12 at 10.52.41 PM.png 
Size:	550.3 KB 
ID:	231668

All Capex, R&D budgets will be spent where there is focus, rest all will remain anemic kids.

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-06-12 at 10.52.58 PM.png 
Size:	343.6 KB 
ID:	231669

found only one slide for India in entire plan, That is for Jeep brand only. rest are too insignificant to discuss even for India market.

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-06-12 at 10.59.12 PM.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	726.5 KB 
ID:	231672

Now we know what top management of FCA is thinking and doing, rest all is Moh-Maya.

Awesome

Fiat should go all out and introduce some proper attempts at capturing the Indian market
      They got the engine bit perfectly right, see how Maruti cars swarm the roads due to this

Ergonomics,features,after sales, gearbox and clutch travel are where they went wrong despite getting the engine right along with solid build

At Home!

Awesome

Ergonomics,features,after sales, gearbox and clutch travel are where they went wrong despite getting the engine right along with solid build
      You forgot one major factor; HERD MENTALITY!

Fiat failed in changing that in India. Fiat did get quite a few things wrong but that also did get a lot right. Maruti cars had more things wrong than the Fiats. Sadly Herd Mentality dictates that Safety and Build Quality is not important but mileage is. So is spares and service which people think Maruti is cheap but that may not necessarily be true.
      The only people who have a problem with FIAT are those who have never owned one!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by P3T3R View Post
      You forgot one major factor; HERD MENTALITY!

Fiat failed in changing that in India. Fiat did get quite a few things wrong but that also did get a lot right. Maruti cars had more things wrong than the Fiats. Sadly Herd Mentality dictates that Safety and Build Quality is not important but mileage is. So is spares and service which people think Maruti is cheap but that may not necessarily be true.
      Herd mentality is a myth....
      People will always buy what suits them best
      Why else would Hyundai,Honda,Ford and Tata suddenly become popular

Brands such as Fiat fell due to their own doing. Fiat had a name in India wayy before Maruti
      See how hard Nokia and Blackberry also fell worldwide

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by P3T3R View Post
      HERD MENTALITY
      True that. People have a herd mentality to an extent that helps Maruti crunch up the numbers they are able to crunch so far.

Gearbox, clutch travel, ergonomics, features - they all are important but the average Maruti car buyer is open to compromise on all of them. Features? - Doesn't matter if it has 2-3 things less than competition, it is Maruti and my friend also has it and he managed to live with it, so would I. Resale value, cheap service and good mileage play important role for a Maruti car buyer.

Brio SMT

Secret

TBH Fiat is not even trying. Ford at least are doing something. They released new Ecosport lasy last year I think, recently freestyle and I facelift Figo and Aspire are also coming this year. Trust is very important when buying car. MS, Hyundai have that. But little sad to see some 50% market share for MS and Hyundai 25%

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by KimiRaikkonen View Post
      TBH Fiat is not even trying. Ford at least are doing something. They released new Ecosport lasy last year I think, recently freestyle and I facelift Figo and Aspire are also coming this year. Trust is very important when buying car. MS, Hyundai have that. But little sad to see some 50% market share for MS and Hyundai 25%
      In a way it is good, else they shall become overconfident and stagnate like Maruti,Honda and Toyota do these days
      Hopefully with their newer launches, they have come back to speed with interesting cars

Ford is one brand I can suggest any car and any engine at this point ! Fantastic packages

True that. People have a herd mentality to an extent that helps Maruti crunch up the numbers they are able to crunch so far.

Gearbox, clutch travel, ergonomics, features - they all are important but the average Maruti car buyer is open to compromise on all of them. Features? - Doesn't matter if it has 2-3 things less than competition, it is Maruti and my friend also has it and he managed to live with it, so would I. Resale value, cheap service and good mileage play important role for a Maruti car buyer.
      Not entirely true, thats generalising
      Resale value of all Asian manufacturers is somewhat similar these days
      Service costs of Ford are apparently cheapest right now and I know for a fact by personal experience that Honda,Hyundai,Toyota after sales and service costs are similar to Maruti
      Mileage? Not at all a factor in favour of Maruti with all these new fangled 3 cylinder, turbo charged and VVT touting engines all around in every manufacturers kitty these days
      All cars get similar mileage these days

Maruti excels in service network, parts availability
      Their logistics is the strongest and commendable efforts to maintain that
      I hate how people automatically assume people are stupid and dumb to buy Maruti, while some people might fall under the category of herd mentality that you speak of , its very immature to pass such remarks. People will buy what suits them best and since customer is king, sorry but you have no right to question their choice or speak for their decisions.
      Dont get me wrong but as car enthusiasts, we all know how certain brands are a gamble and not for the lay person especially those faint of heart.

All factors considered- Honda, Hyundai,Ford and Toyota are my pick off late

PS- I dont like Maruti either but not for the reasons mentioned, but give credit where due
      Not easy to sustain a near monopoly at all. Giants like IBM,Nokia are nowhere these days
      Last edited by kkn13; 15th Jun 2018 at 13:14.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread Information