• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: “Thunderbolt” XUV 5OO Detailed Review (HID, Audio, LED, Mods++)

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by toshar View Post
      If someone checks my Chrome History, one will find XUV500 in most of the tabs. Half of my day is spent in reading XUV threads.
      Now with more number of members in family (Sister's husband and upcoming nephew and nice), we were planning to buy another vehicle to accommodate everyone for so long but plan gets drop because of lack of parking space in tight city Delhi.
      It's been a year now reading things all about XUV but never encounter something related to its proper Of-road capabilities.
      Its the THUNDERBOLT which is clearing my doubt slowly. I really love to read about its journey to various places, SVC, modification and real-world performance. Its like - everything at one place.
      Thanks to Thunderbolt.

Everything is mentioned very clearly, point to point with proper sequence and extended description. This is one of the reason i find most of things in your XUV threads. Number of photos are High in number for smartphone reading scrolls.

I am really really confused between XUV W10 AWD and Endeavor 2.2 trend 4wd. I have taken my 1.1l FWD WagonR to the steep loose rocky inclines, to mud spots and almost everywhere without much problem. XUV will surely do the work but i need more evidence for AWD version. People call it soft roader, I don't know why. It has got AWD ,ESP and thats enough to take vehicle wherever you want(tricky sometimes but one can).
      Its the Encouragement like this that pushes us to write our hearts out. Glad you liked.
      Do let me know what purpose you're getting another SUV for. I've been frantically researching and looking for a 4x4 since last 6~8 Months now. Only those thoughts occupy the brain. Will have a discussion on it.

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a vitamin dose

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Your off-road experience seems to have gone well with XUV. What are other thoughts there?

With the pics, if you could add some text explaining the terrain and XUV situation, would be great.

You can always find me at the
      engine bay

Awesome

If someone checks my Chrome History, one will find XUV500 in most of the tabs. I am really really confused between XUV W10 AWD and Endeavor 2.2 trend 4wd. I have taken my 1.1l FWD WagonR to the steep loose rocky inclines, to mud spots and almost everywhere without much problem. XUV will surely do the work but i need more evidence for AWD version. People call it soft roader, I don't know why. It has got AWD ,ESP and thats enough to take vehicle wherever you want(tricky sometimes but one can).
      Ok. You are considering an Endeavour too but your heart is stuck on the XUV.

While the new Endeavor will completely blow the XUV out of the water in terms of offroad capability, the XUV can go far, considerably far, if equipped with the right set of tires(IMHO, the CEAT czar HT, the rubber I have now).

Please check out the youtuber "Anshuman Bishnoi". He has done a whole lot of stuff with the XUV like sandy hill clinb, mud plugging, and a whole lot of other stuff. He also does it with the Endeavour, so that should help you loads with your decision

MSW
      Power is how hard you crash into a wall.Torque ​is how far you push the wall after crashing into it

new member :D

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by bhvm View Post
      Do let me know what purpose you're getting another SUV for.
      For the growing family and father needs an update too. WagonR is still doing the purpose but poor fuel economy (11 kmpl max on highways), old grounded suspension, with 4 male person i encounter considerable number of tires hitting wheel well making scrrrinch sound even on flyover joints, it always ask for downshift to overtake are some things which made us think to update. We are not gonna sell it anyways because the car is only 55k odo now, we have memories and it is worth to have a secondary car.

SUV because to accommodate 5 family persons, luggage, and a couple of uninvited relatives, to have high ground clearance and at-last to unlock various locations where we avoid to take our WagonR. SUV drives will include several visits to remote locations of rajasthan, chambal, HP, UK, J&K, National Park jungle safaris beside our house in nainital district. Basically a vehicle which doesn't scrap beneath and should work absolutely on rocky climbs.

XUV because father loves its looks, a 7- seater, 18 lakhs for W10 with budget stretched, dessi mahindra known for bolero and scorpio. Thats a huge jump from WagonR to 18 lakh vehicle - i wonder.
      For what Desire, you are searching for another 4x4 after having fortuner, safari, xuv in your inventory. Any shortlisted vehicles for now?
      Thank You for those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by MSW View Post
      Ok. You are considering an Endeavor too but your heart is stuck on the XUV.
      Thats not only me considering Endeavor, hell lot of people loves new Endeavor because of its dominating looks. My heart is for Endeavor but mind for XUV because of its VFM and 'WHAT' not it has. My drives wont include deep muds and those vertical climbs. No doubts XUV AWD can do practical things with easy but its just and just Looks of Endeavor of both leather wrapped interior and exterior which i am dying for. Anyways, its my father who gonna spend at-last, not me. If i get chance then i will end up buying a skoda rapid black package.

In those videos by Anshuman Bishnoi, XUV is struggling because of lack of low range gears. I don't know what AWD system it comprise and can not find information of same on google. Rad somewhere on TBHP that its system may suffer from transmission windup which results in expensive repairs. Can one drive XUV with AWD lock always ON. Results?

I will ask my doubts on a seprate thread after TDing shortlisted vehicles before buying. Thank you for the concern Sir.
      Last edited by toshar; 17th May 2017 at 13:53.

Awesome

For what Desire, you are searching for another 4x4 after having fortuner, safari, xuv in your inventory. Any shortlisted vehicles for now?
      Thank You for those lines.
      1>Thank you. Yes. Its a heart decision. So I guess XUV will be it for you.
      For me, thinking to go back to safari Dicor (2010~2012). Fully by heart. Need to reclaim life.

2> XUV has on demand (ECU controlled) AWD,which in AUTO mode, will not cause wind up.
      But if Lock in forced on, yes there may be transmission wind up on Smooth surfaces with high traction.

Actually Cars with manual 4x4 & Low Range(Scorpio 4x4, Old Endy, old fortuner, Safari)are more likely for transmission than ECU controlled AWD.

You can always find me at the
      engine bay

Awesome

The XUV has a center diff that is electronically controlled, as stated earlier.

But, reviews from EVO india have indicated that the clutch heats up fast on AWD and reverts to 2WD during offroading so check that too.

MSW
      Power is how hard you crash into a wall.Torque ​is how far you push the wall after crashing into it

Awesome

Guys the windscreen washer in Thunderbolt has stopped working.
      I First though there is no water, But chauffeur had already added plenty water. Then I proceeded to check fuses and clean the nozzles with a needle. No Avail.

Can't seem to locate washer motor either.

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a vitamin dose

Awesome

Blog Entries
      clean the nozzles with a needle
      Check the pipe if there is any blockage there. I have had this problem too.

Hungry

Can't seem to locate washer motor either.
      It's hidden somewhere beneath front right hand side headlight.

Awesome

Thats the usual problem with all XUV maintenance!.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread Information