• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: My New Tata Safari Storme Vx 4x4 Astern Black

Awesome

I am not getting time to update the thread.

- The drive to Yercaud was good. Had followed google maps which took us from bangalore to Yercaud via Danishpet. This was a scenic and lonely route that we wondered if we were on the correct way. At some places it felt that road is going to end in a jungle, but thankfully that was not the case. As expected Storme made us the ride easy. At one place had to reverse for about 100 meters to allow a couple of mini buses to pass through on narrow roads. We stayed at Rock Perch. While coming back, the hotel suggested us to take road through Salem. It was a proper road, i think a state highway, with a lot of hairpin bends, but was boring. Soon we started missing the road through Danishpet, but there was no point in going back, so we continued via Salem. In Salem, while going along the metro/flyover (under construction), a stone fell from the flyover and landed on bonnet. The sound was loud, and so was the impact. Thankfully it did not leave any noticeable dent. On the way back, a red/black flag Innova running parallel to us, tried to overtake a truck and almost banged into us, probably the political party made him think that my car was not there. It was a very close call. He steered away from other side of the truck as i had applied horn to make him aware of Storme's presence.

Storme got its 2 year service at Prerana Motors. Nothing significant to report. There was no other safari or Storme for service, while there were 4 Hexa. Now a days i see more Hexas than the Storme on road. Looks like Hexa is selling very well as compared to Storme.

Storme had a visitor for 2 weeks in form of XUV500 W6Auto as a friend had parked in my parking for his outstation trip. I had to start and run the engine for 5-10 minutes, as per his instructions. While entering XUV, i hit my head on roof sill (or whatever it is called), probably because seats were adjusted too high for my short heighted friend. Once inside i felt cramped on driver seat, probably due to same high seats. While i had TDed XUV 2 years back it did not feel so small. Don't know if the difference felt in interior space is due to being accustomed to space of Storme, or were the high seats the culprit.
      --------------------------------------------
      2002 Hero Honda CBZ
      2004 Maruti Alto Lx
      2011 Tata Indica Vista Aqua
      2015 Tata Safari Storme Vx 4x4

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Xuv does feel small to people coming from safari or Fortuner. But once you are in, the space is really great (Esp the 2nd row).

reclaiming my life!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by bhvm View Post
      Xuv does feel small to people coming from safari or Fortuner. But once you are in, the space is really great (Esp the 2nd row).
      Convincing any Safari owner about space in other vehicles will probably ruin some relationships

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by speed79 View Post
      While entering XUV, i hit my head on roof sill
      Yesterday i hit my head while entering Vista driver seat, and today i hit my head hard while entering my Storme. Looks like i am on a head banging spree, or I am lost into something.

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a vitamin dose

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by speed79 View Post
      Looks like i am on a head banging spree, or I am lost into something
      LOL. Quite interesting. Keep "Mind your Head" sticker on all of your car's driver seat may be.

Safari for sure is spacious than XUV. I mean you can see it from the looks of it.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread Information