• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: My New Tata Safari Storme Vx 4x4 Astern Black

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by speed79 View Post
      Do i need to go to TASS to get it replaced or can just buy one and replace? And how much one projector lamp is going to cost me? And which model etc?
      Halogen projecctor bulbs are usually H7 55w. They should'nt cost more than a couple hundread bucks.
      But believe me, Take this opportunity to upgrade to 4300k HID and you'll never look back.

battery of key (i can't see any screw etc to open the key)
      Use plastic pry tool that you use to take apart laptop. its usually a coin cell.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by bhvm View Post
      Halogen projecctor bulbs are usually H7 55w. They should'nt cost more than a couple hundread bucks.
      I thought that whole projector needs to be replaced. Did not know that only bulb needs to be changed. I think a set of low beam bulbs might have been provided with the car. Will check. Yes, the Storme manual says H7 12V 55W for low beam as well as high beam. The manual even has instructions to replace the bulbs. I will try on the weekend.

Use plastic pry tool that you use to take apart laptop. its usually a coin cell.
      The manual has listed procedure to change battery of remote. It is CR2016 battery.

Awesome

But believe me, Take this opportunity to upgrade to 4300k HID and you'll never look back.
      I am not going to upgrade to HIDs. My car does mostly home-office-home duty. And for out of station trips (which is very infrequent), we always travel during day time. No night time driving for me, one- i can't see properly with high beam HL of oncoming vehicles, and two- i feel it is unsafe to travel on highways at night. So i don't need a upgrade.

I think a set of low beam bulbs might have been provided with the car.
      I checked but could not find spare bulbs of Storme. It looks like i did not get spare bulbs with Storme.

Which one should i buy? There are mainly two: Osram Night breakers and Phillips X-treme vision. Do these H7 also have different color temperatures? Or these come with single color temperature only. I don't like the blueish HL, and would prefer stock colour temperature.

Linea MJD

Secret

Which one should i buy? There are mainly two: Osram Night breakers and Phillips X-treme vision. Do these H7 also have different color temperatures? Or these come with single color temperature only. I don't like the blueish HL, and would prefer stock colour temperature.
      OSRAM has a new product Night breaker Laser - 55W with 150% light than usual halogen - please find the temperature. some sites say 4800K and some say 3700K.

Similarly, Philips has got Xtreme vision plus - 55W, 130% light than usual. I have used this and is good. This is at 3700K

Discover the new NIGHT BREAKER headlight bulbs| OSRAM Automotive | OSRAM Automotive
      X-tremeVision Plus Headlight bulb 12342XVPB1 | Philips

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

i can't see properly with high beam HL of oncoming vehicles,
      The very reason you need good upgraded LOW BEAMS in your car.
      Osram Night breakers and Phillips X-treme vision.
      Both of these bulbs are "High Output" Which means their lamp life is very poor. Unfortunately we do not get regular LONG LIFE bulbs in Indian market which come OEM in vehicles. The LL bulbs in my cars lasted well, but then aftermarket ones would go out every 6 months or so.
      HID solves all issues.

these H7 also have different color temperatures?
      Generally a bluish coating is applied to change CT. So different CT are possible.

Awesome

Need some advise on some place 200-250 kms from Bangalore for coming weekend trip. Need greener and coller place. Have already been to Coorg, sakleshpur, chikamagalur and Yercaud. rksingh1, Nomad.

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Greener and cooler - head towards western ghats.

Here are some options : Masinagudi, Bandipur, Kabini, Kudremukh, Dharmsthala etc

Kabini could be a good experience. Wayanad is a little stretch - but can be done. Tagging megazoid

No Commerce, Just Fun
      Rainy Days

Awesome

speed79,

You can try following places in

Karnataka:. Sakleshpur, Kudremukh, Kalasa, Chikmagalur, Aagumbe-Sringeri, Teerthalli, somwarpwt, Shanivarsante, Kabini, Bandipur,

Tamilnadu: Gudalur, Masinagudi, Ooty, Coonoor, sinnadorai bunglows.

But coolest place withing 200 KMs from Bangalore is our own Home with AC switched ON, with some good food being ordered through mobile caterer or nearby restaurant.
      Last edited by Nomad; 15th Apr 2019 at 17:12.

Majingilane

Awesome

Every place is reeling under the heat. Acute water scarcity, over crowded destinations, fraying tempers, forest fires and what not. Good time to do some day drives and milk some close by destinations. Even if you have been to some of these destinations, there are plenty more to experience. So please don't rule them out. Best is to catch a flight and head for colder destinations like the lap of the himalayas and do it before the vacations start in delhi.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by megazoid View Post
      Best is to catch a flight and head for colder destinations like the lap of the himalayas and do it before the vacations start in delhi.
      We are already doing that for May 7 to 17 to Dharamshala and around, though not before vacations start in Delhi. Taking flight to Amritsar and then taxi to Dharamshala.

The plan for long weekend has been cancelled as the resorts are too expensive or not available. Instead will chill out in Bangalore, and some long day-drive. Any picturesque drives around 100-150 kms. I know i need to avoid Mysore road. Hyderabad highway is i think too parched. What options do i have?
      --------------------------------------------
      2002 Hero Honda CBZ
      2004 Maruti Alto Lx
      2011 Tata Indica Vista Aqua
      2015 Tata Safari Storme Vx 4x4

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread Information