• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: My New Tata Safari Storme Vx 4x4 Astern Black

Awesome

I am not getting time to update the thread.

- The drive to Yercaud was good. Had followed google maps which took us from bangalore to Yercaud via Danishpet. This was a scenic and lonely route that we wondered if we were on the correct way. At some places it felt that road is going to end in a jungle, but thankfully that was not the case. As expected Storme made us the ride easy. At one place had to reverse for about 100 meters to allow a couple of mini buses to pass through on narrow roads. We stayed at Rock Perch. While coming back, the hotel suggested us to take road through Salem. It was a proper road, i think a state highway, with a lot of hairpin bends, but was boring. Soon we started missing the road through Danishpet, but there was no point in going back, so we continued via Salem. In Salem, while going along the metro/flyover (under construction), a stone fell from the flyover and landed on bonnet. The sound was loud, and so was the impact. Thankfully it did not leave any noticeable dent. On the way back, a red/black flag Innova running parallel to us, tried to overtake a truck and almost banged into us, probably the political party made him think that my car was not there. It was a very close call. He steered away from other side of the truck as i had applied horn to make him aware of Storme's presence.

Storme got its 2 year service at Prerana Motors. Nothing significant to report. There was no other safari or Storme for service, while there were 4 Hexa. Now a days i see more Hexas than the Storme on road. Looks like Hexa is selling very well as compared to Storme.

Storme had a visitor for 2 weeks in form of XUV500 W6Auto as a friend had parked in my parking for his outstation trip. I had to start and run the engine for 5-10 minutes, as per his instructions. While entering XUV, i hit my head on roof sill (or whatever it is called), probably because seats were adjusted too high for my short heighted friend. Once inside i felt cramped on driver seat, probably due to same high seats. While i had TDed XUV 2 years back it did not feel so small. Don't know if the difference felt in interior space is due to being accustomed to space of Storme, or were the high seats the culprit.
      --------------------------------------------
      2002 Hero Honda CBZ
      2004 Maruti Alto Lx
      2011 Tata Indica Vista Aqua
      2015 Tata Safari Storme Vx 4x4

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Xuv does feel small to people coming from safari or Fortuner. But once you are in, the space is really great (Esp the 2nd row).

reclaiming my life!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by bhvm View Post
      Xuv does feel small to people coming from safari or Fortuner. But once you are in, the space is really great (Esp the 2nd row).
      Convincing any Safari owner about space in other vehicles will probably ruin some relationships

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by speed79 View Post
      While entering XUV, i hit my head on roof sill
      Yesterday i hit my head while entering Vista driver seat, and today i hit my head hard while entering my Storme. Looks like i am on a head banging spree, or I am lost into something.

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Looks like i am on a head banging spree, or I am lost into something
      LOL. Quite interesting. Keep "Mind your Head" sticker on all of your car's driver seat may be.

Safari for sure is spacious than XUV. I mean you can see it from the looks of it.

Awesome

My parents have been visiting us. It has been 2 years since i got the Storme, but they did not ride in it for any long distances, mostly within city. So decided to go some out of station places on Jan 14th. Initial plan to visit 13th century temple at Somnathpura and Tipu sultan's summer palace at Srirangapatna. Me, wide, 2 kids and my parent set out on morning of Jan 14th. There was heavy fog in Bangalore near my house. We started at 6:30 AM and started driving slowly. Within 2 kms, the fog was very thin/disappeared completely. While on the way to Mysore on outer bangalore, could see effect of white-topping on the opposite side of the road, where there was 2-3 kms long traffic jam, and i got a bit worried how to avoid it on return journey. Followed Google map for the journey. On the way had breakfast break at CCD et al after Maddur. The drive was easy as there was not much traffic on Bangalore-Mysore road. After Maddur took road to Malvalli, and then to somnathpura. The road was good all along except some patchy stretch. The Chennakesava temple at Somanathapura is 13th century temple, and has been carved beautifully. It huge too. Had home made light lunch, which is convenient and much better than outside food.

While arriving at Somnathpura, we saw signboard for Talakadu, the desert town. As my daughter wanted to play in beach sand, we decided to visit Talakadu instead of Srirangapatna. Visited 2 temples there (Pataleshwara temple, which has been excavated from the sand) and Vaidyanatheshwara Swamy Temple. The sand gives a different experience altogether. We also went to Cauvery river which flows nearby, no boating though. Around 3 PM we started our way back to home. initial plan was to stop somewhere for lunch, but as the kids fell asleep, decide to head directly to home so as to reach within daytime. Again there was so much less traffic on Mysore road (probably due to pongal leave on monday) and drive was stress free. We took nice road which helped us reach ring road avoiding the white topping chaos. By 6:15 PM we reached home. It was a good and stress free day.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180114_134136143.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	4.45 MB 
ID:	229702

Pataleshwara Temple, which lies 20-30 feet below the surrounding sand dunes.

Name:	Somanathapura.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	235.1 KB 
ID:	229704

Somananathapura Temple.
      Last edited by speed79; 15th Jan 2018 at 11:58.
      2002 Hero Honda CBZ
      2004 Maruti Alto Lx

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Seems like a great trip. My journey on those roads were of poor experience. I am glad you didn't encounter any traffic.

The sand gives a different experience altogether
      You got few more pics pls?

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by rksingh1 View Post
      My journey on those roads were of poor experience. I am glad you didn't encounter any traffic.
      Have faced a lot of traffic snarls on this road. This trip had one of the best experiences on this road, which is infact a rarity of Bangalore-Mysore road. Once i had done Mysore - Bangalore in 6-7 hours when returning on last evening of a long weekend. From then on, I never travel on long weekends. I generally start my trips on last day of a long weekend, and take 2 leaves from office/school, because it is crowded everywhere outside bangalore - tourist places, roads everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by rksingh1 View Post
      You got few more pics pls?
      Need to download pics from camera. Will post ones which have no one from family in picture.
      2002 Hero Honda CBZ
      2004 Maruti Alto Lx

Awesome

Yesterday while on the way to office, in very low-speed traffic, a Santro banged into the rear bumper of Storme. The driver of Santro came out and said sorry, and said that he is visiting a temple and will take care of it later. He asked me to trust him. I did, and it seems he made a fool of me. The 2 numbers which he gave (and i had verified at that time), are not working anymore (switched off). Today morning went to the Tata service centre for cost estimation, and the plastic part would cost Rs 8,000 plus labour etc. I think it is time to get rear nudge bar for Storme, even if i have been dead against installing it on my car. I am ****ed off and do not want to drive shiny new car in bangalore traffic. Bangalore traffic needs a rusty old car with bull bars all around.

My other car (Vista) is already at TASS for clutch failure. I had got clutch changed about 4k kms back due to judders. The master cylinder has failed this time. The car had to be towed to TASS. 4k kms is too less for a clutch failure.

The damaged black plastic of rear bumper.

Name:	IMG_20180424_111313295.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	2.86 MB 
ID:	231013

The culprit.

Name:	IMG_20180423_112001160.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	3.14 MB 
ID:	231014
      2002 Hero Honda CBZ
      2004 Maruti Alto Lx

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      I think it is time to get rear nudge bar for Storme
      Precisely why I have a rear gaurd on my XUV. You can't control anything if people come and hit the car from behind. A rear guard will help you to keep these normal damages away.

He asked me to trust him. I did, and it seems he made a fool of me.
      Its sad. Don't be judgmental on people with this incident. I would have trusted as well. And probably would do it in future too.

My other car (Vista) is already at TASS for clutch failure.
      Its a money sucking car. With the kind of issues it is giving you - you'd have been much better off spending that money on Uber or Zoomcar.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread Information