• Secret
  • Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: ICE-Land v5.0 - The Slow The Fat and The SQ - Ertiga ZDi

ICE Apprentice
      Walter White of ICE

Awesome

ICE-Land v5.0 - The Slow The Fat and The SQ - Ertiga ZDi

Hola Amigos

We're back in business albeit after a major gap. Tons of things changed in life and something that I never thought happened. ICE took a back seat

I have been collecting some really good equipment for some time now that were supposed to go in the ICE-Land v4.0 but that project will need to take a seat even further back now for the time being due to lack of time and the fact the vehicle for 4.0 is not a regularly used one.

The Verna setup had been going strong. It was rocking a Alpine ICS X8 + Audison Voce Coaxial off a Mosconi AS65.2 and a pair of Morel Ultimo SC off the Zapco ST-1500XM

The car will soon be retired to make way for a petrol car for local use and already things are in motion for it but more on that when the time is right.

For now it's time to ICE a 2015 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZDi

Not the best looking vehicle nor something with the sexy quotient attached to it but I did realize some really ICE friendly parts of it. Mostly the wide and deep dash and the pillars that widen up at the bottom. Not to mention the tons of space once you remove the last row of seats.

This is the view from the driving seat. Lot of potential for a good SQ front stage in this car.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1883.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	520.8 KB 
ID:	213431

The major drawback is the build quality so will be turning to damping it as properly as possible. I do not believe in damping without need now so will try to apply it only where necessary to get the best acoustics and minimum noise.

The electricals are not too strong unlike the Verna. I will be limiting the setup to two amplifier or maximum three. Big 3 upgrade is also on the cards so that should help as well.

I will also be taking the chance to assist a close friend in introducing some new products in the market and I believe these are worth waiting for so please stay tuned for that.

Due to limitation of time, I expect this setup to take some time to come to the intended configuration so kindly bear with the bouts of absence in between. I will be trying to extract the maximum out of the equipment as I can and that will definitely need some time to be managed from work and other fronts.

I will update the thread with the equipment that is confirmed to go in the setup in the coming days

Thanks for reading folks. See ya soon
      Last edited by karanbhatia; 5th Nov 2015 at 23:21.
      It's the best way to dump money and spend an inordinate amount of time...because all debts are paid when the hairs on the back of your neck stand straight up and goosebumps cover your arms, because the sound is SO good. - Scott Buwalda

ICE Apprentice
      Walter White of ICE

Awesome

The Source(s)

With every setup my attempt is to get the best possible source unit in the chain. While a P99RS or a HX-D2 can be the best analog source out there for a DSP, I am going with an easy to use analog source that allows me to play my collection of FLAC files and have some creature comforts while at it. The signal needs to be unclipped and free from distortion at the maximum voltage output. Apart from this I require the HU to have Bluetooth and an additional USB port was always a welcome feature.

I was lucky enough to get a good deal on a trade for the Alpine ICS X8 which happens to be one of the best 2-din out there. I traded it in for a Pioneer 8690 that was supposed to go in a cousin's car but at the last moment it came my way as he went with a F60BT

The HU used in this setup will be the Pioneer 8690. It has been taken care of well by the previous owner and I know this will serve me well for a long time.

Name:	rsz004.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	69.5 KB 
ID:	213425

Name:	rsz005.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	213426

As an additional source for a digital signal to the DSP, I will be using an iPod Classic 7th Gen loaded with Apple Lossless files and hooked on to a Pure i20 Dock to send a digtial signal via the Toslink output to the DSP.

Name:	rsz001.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	137.6 KB 
ID:	213428

Name:	IMG_6323.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	213427

Name:	rsz003.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	213429

The Pure i20 will be powered by a 12v DC to 7.5 3A DC adapter that will let the Pure i20 work off the accessory signal. The dock will come on with the ingniton and turn off with it.

Name:	rsz006.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	213430

At a later stage I will shift to an iPad Mini or an Android Tablet if it is possible to fabricate one in the dash panel.

The idea is to have everyone's source usable in the system (USB X 2 + SD Card + BT) as well as a Digital Source for absolute lossless signal transmission to the DSP.

The tablet integration at a later stage will be attempted for the bling of the project to be honest.

Up next .. the DSP
      It's the best way to dump money and spend an inordinate amount of time...because all debts are paid when the hairs on the back of your neck stand straight up and goosebumps cover your arms, because the sound is SO good. - Scott Buwalda

ICE Apprentice
      Walter White of ICE

Awesome

The Processing

I am a firm believer in the absolute need of a good DSP and a good EQ for a Car to sound good. Active setup even more to let you have full control over each speaker to counterbalance the tons of acoustic killing elements in the car - non centered seating, reflection, glass area, vibrations, engine noise and what not.

A good DSP after a proper installation can do wonders for the setup.

My initial plan was to use the Mosconi 6to8 but I decided to try and sell it and use the funds elsewhere. I also sold my first in India Arc Audio PS8 which I will be trying to get back again down the line.

For now I will be using the Helix DSP Pro. The current King of the 12v DSP in the market. It will be supplemented with the Helix URC2A for the remote control.

Name:	11904729_10153779389824381_3614338984101960387_n.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	213432

Yess !!! I have two of these bad boys

Name:	rsz005.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	213437

Name:	rsz008.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	65.6 KB 
ID:	213440

Name:	rsz006.jpg 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	213438

The brushed aluminum looking finish

Name:	rsz007.jpg 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	213439

Input

Name:	rsz001.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	213433

Output

Name:	rsz003.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	213435

High Level + Power + Optical + Coaxial terminals.

Name:	rsz009.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	213441

USB, Control unit and Ground switch

Name:	rsz004.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	213436

Made In Germany

Name:	rsz002.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	152.9 KB 
ID:	213434

Helix URC2A

First impression of the build quality of the DSP Pro is disappointing unfortunately. This is no where as German as the CDSP or other Helix products. The casing feels plasticky and not robust at all even though the design is of premium quality.

BUT the hardware inside it and the software do make up for the lack of physical quality outside. Tons of processing power that will unfortunately be wasted on this particular setup. I do have certain plans to add something else to the chain down the line when the funds allow and move one of the DSP Pro to a more suitable setup.

The frequent upgrades to the PC software from Helix is an added bonus which add new features with almost every update.

And yes, the Helix Director is also there but that will make it's debut in v4.0

Name:	12120135_10153906929599381_2830555814268319068_o.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	204.9 KB 
ID:	213442

www.purplekart.in

Awesome

You are back again?? I cant find the bang head symbol on my phone

ICE Apprentice
      Walter White of ICE

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by hareshjethwani View Post
      You are back again?? I cant find the bang head symbol on my phone
      I was never gone

Just lurking around silently for the right moment

Audio Banned

Awesome

bahut koobh......you double promoted or should I say upgraded directly from V.3 to V.5.......
      fantastic start to the choice of equipments, wonder what other surprises await us from under the carpet
      Low Profile ICE rebirth with ALLO amps, Eclipse CD7200mkii Head Unit, Kenwood KOS-300, Dayton midbass and wideband, Four Dayton AMT tweeters, ntech speaker cables and quanden interconnects.
      Home Audio: Laptop/Dune Media Player source, TEAC UD301 dual mono DAC, Adcom dual mono amplifier, Infinity bookshelf speakers and Wharfedale subwoofer

Audio Banned

Awesome

Lvramanan.....night owl...no office tomorrow.....go to sleep..
      Low Profile ICE rebirth with ALLO amps, Eclipse CD7200mkii Head Unit, Kenwood KOS-300, Dayton midbass and wideband, Four Dayton AMT tweeters, ntech speaker cables and quanden interconnects.
      Home Audio: Laptop/Dune Media Player source, TEAC UD301 dual mono DAC, Adcom dual mono amplifier, Infinity bookshelf speakers and Wharfedale subwoofer

ICE Apprentice
      Walter White of ICE

Awesome

The Mono Amplifier

Some of the equipment makes it's way from the Verna here. This includes the wiring (will post pictures once they are removed) and the mono amplifier.

The small, efficient and powerful Zapco ST-1500XM will handle the job of the low frequency amplification. It's a Class D amplifier that will not tax the alternator too much. Well built and does what it's supposed to do perfectly. Overall one of the most vfm mono amplifiers I have come across.

I am posting the pictures from the old thread. Will be able to show it better during the installation stage.

Views:	49 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	213446

Name:	rsz002.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	105.5 KB 
ID:	213447

Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	213448

Views:	53 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	213449

Views:	54 
Size:	81.2 KB 
ID:	213450

Quote Originally Posted by gkannan View Post
      you double promoted or should I say upgraded directly from V.3 to V.5...
      V4.0 will continue to take shape in the background sir ji .. That one is hopefully going to be worth the time and wait
      Last edited by karanbhatia; 6th Nov 2015 at 08:20.

ICE Apprentice
      Walter White of ICE

Awesome

The Missile

For the sub stage, I was planning to use a pair of Morel Ultimo SC that have been doing excellent so far in all my setups.

They put out excellent SQ even at higher levels of output and I realized they are a better fit for the v4.0 where they have to fill a larger cabin with the bass.

Decided to bring this 'little' gem out of it's box for the bass duty in this setup.

The JBL W12GTi-MKII

Name:	rsz010.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	213494

Size:	104.4 KB 
ID:	213485

Size:	149.8 KB 
ID:	213489

Views:	48 
Size:	115.8 KB 
ID:	213487

Name:	rsz009.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	213493

Size:	130.7 KB 
ID:	213488

Name:	rsz006.JPG 
Size:	140.2 KB 
ID:	213490

Name:	rsz002.JPG 
Size:	134.0 KB 
ID:	213486

Name:	rsz007.JPG 
Size:	130.8 KB 
ID:	213491

Name:	rsz008.JPG 
Size:	150.3 KB 
ID:	213492

The sub reeks of high quality all around. After the Helix SPXL 12, this is the most overbuilt subwoofer I have owned and used.

The design and finishing of the material is another unique element on this heavy weight. You will not see a design like this on a lot of subwoofers nor a D6 configuration.

I will try to use this baby in a ported configuration if possible to get the maximum potential out of it.

Audio Banned

Awesome

i tell you guys, this man is a ICE demi-god........This setup is also gonna make some guys pocket happy from Kashmir to Kanyakumari

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information