• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: ICE-Land v5.0 - The Slow The Fat and The SQ - Ertiga ZDi

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

The one tweeter is lying with my installer guy.. will make sure its couriered tomw mrng..
      *apology*

ICE Apprentice
      Walter White of ICE

Awesome

The Mosconi AS 200.2W was installed albeit in a not too clean manner. I did not have cables of appropriate length so had to wire up the amplifier whatever way and in locating I could.

Planning to redo the false floor soon so will make changes then.

Have to admit for the SQ part of the bass the shift to a Class AB full range amplifier worked out great. The details in the low bass are definitely more prominent and easy to distinguish amidst the low bass notes.

The kick seems the same to me on most songs though. Nor is there any loss of loudness which was to be expected of course with a ported setup not needing a lot of power to begin with.

Also the Mosconi 200.2 under the false floor and bridged to 2ohm has been running without any issues of thermal thermal protection or tripping or anything at all in the horrendous Amritsar summer.

Either the users facing the issues are not installing the Mosconi AS amplifiers properly or pushing them beyond or different from what they are designed for. Any amplifier will have issues in such a scenario of course.

Added a Dashmat as well to the car. Thankfully found it in beige this time around. It takes care of the reflections so much and makes the small details specially in electronic music stand out even more specially at loud volume and with bass bellowing out of the sub.

The better sound is no placebo for sure.

Not the prettiest sight but definitely worth it

Also this dashmat did not let the cabin got as hot as it usually gets. So well worth it for me at least.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk
      It's the best way to dump money and spend an inordinate amount of time...because all debts are paid when the hairs on the back of your neck stand straight up and goosebumps cover your arms, because the sound is SO good. - Scott Buwalda

BRAX|Mosconi|Helix|Focal|Sting
      er

Awesome

What are your reviews on the AF Subwoofer Karan?
      Any pictures of the amplifiers layout?

Great going btw
      Eclipse Sound Monitor | Morel Elate | McIntosh
      Kenwood | Infinity Kappa | Stinger | Focal | Xscorpion

ICE Apprentice
      Walter White of ICE

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by audiophile View Post
      What are your reviews on the AF Subwoofer Karan?
      Any pictures of the amplifiers layout?

Great going btw
      Thanks buddy

Your setup came out great btw. Definitely worth copying

The amp rack arrangement got a bit messed up due to my miscalculation of the power wire length when I installed the Mosconi 200.2

I also added in another piece of equipment in the signal chain. Will post a little later about it.

So all in all I need to do a complete rearranging of the rack and wiring and possibly an entirely new false floor for future expansion.

Haven't installed the AF GB12 as yet either. Waiting for the ported enclosure for it. Most likely will install it when I meet monty9991 next for the false floor and some more damping on the door and hood.

Rocking the Ultimo SC till then

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk
      It's the best way to dump money and spend an inordinate amount of time...because all debts are paid when the hairs on the back of your neck stand straight up and goosebumps cover your arms, because the sound is SO good. - Scott Buwalda

ICE Apprentice
      Walter White of ICE

Awesome

Tru Technology SSLD6i + Wiring Management

I happened to chance upon the Tru Technology SSLD6i line driver on DIYMA. Always wanted to give it shot since after trying the JL Audio CL-RLC on the HRT MSII in my Car PC long back.

The requirement was to boost up the 80PRS voltage and signal quality (if it does that ) to feed the Arc Audio PS8 since the latter is quite sensitive to the quality as well as quantity of the input signal.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rsz001.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	219627

I had already messed up the wiring by adding the Mosconi AS200.2 with the same wire as the earlier Zapco monoblock The Tru added more to the chaos :/

Name:	rsz002.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	812.3 KB 
ID:	219628

Also in picture is the SMD DD-1 on loan from a friend to set the gains on the SSLD6i since it has 6 individual gain pots and I wanted to keep them below distortion. The 80PRS though is free of distortion at maximum volume

So decided to clean up the wiring in the morning. Admittedly wiring organization is my favorite part. Almost in a therapeutic way Hence I don't mind switching amplifiers when I can to redo it from scratch

I started by removing the Mosconi 200.2 and disconnecting all the wires that I wanted to rectify. Having a circuit breaker in the boot really helps working safely.

Name:	rsz004.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	736.4 KB 
ID:	219629

The DSP and SSLD66i power and ground cables were trimmed to exact length needed.

Name:	rsz005.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	768.0 KB 
ID:	219630

Connected to the Audison SFD-41C distribution block with gauge adapters.

Name:	rsz006.jpg 
Size:	929.4 KB 
ID:	219631

Zip tied at appropriate length and places to avoid any stress on the terminals. Decided to use different colored cables on the SSLD6i for easy identification if needed. The SSLD6i and the DSP share the remote turn on signal from the HU using Bullet connectors.

Name:	rsz007.jpg 
Size:	688.0 KB 
ID:	219632

Positioned the 200.2 with wiring connected to find the length of wire needed and arrangement. Once that was done it was secured to the board.

Name:	rsz008.jpg 
Size:	709.4 KB 
ID:	219633

Wired up to the distribution block. I decided to keep the same theme of red for power and blue for ground on the amplifiers.

Name:	rsz013.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	580.6 KB 
ID:	219636

Ins and Outs of the DSP with same cables. Unfortunately the Tchernov cables do not fit the recessed terminals of the PS8 and hence could not be used. Will look for alternatives for that. Till then these cheap ass stinger cables are doing the work

Name:	rsz014.jpg 
Size:	648.2 KB 
ID:	219637

The wires I used on the Mosconi already had heat shrink on them. Decided to use it on the subwoofer wire as well

Name:	rsz015.jpg 
Size:	661.6 KB 
ID:	219638

All the logos on the cables facing the right way This might give me more depth in sound

Name:	rsz016.jpg 
Size:	635.4 KB 
ID:	219639

Name:	rsz017.jpg 
Size:	773.3 KB 
ID:	219640

Made sure no RCA was parallel to any power cable even if it was 16ga.

Name:	rsz010.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	698.2 KB 
ID:	219634

Name:	rsz012.jpg 
Size:	653.7 KB 
ID:	219635

All done

Cleared up lot of space on the rack suddenly and makes it look bigger Though I'm still not happy with the way the power cables are laying in a wiggly manner but guess that's the issue with using different location of terminals on different amplifiers.

Also the speaker wires were left bundled up on the side of the amplifier. I did not trim them to exact length to be future proof when switching amplifiers.

Next plan is to get the top cover made out of thicker plywood to make it stronger and more robust. Plus of course the ported enclosure for the AF GB12 subwoofer

Cheers !!

ICE Apprentice
      Walter White of ICE

Awesome

The ported enclosure for the Audiofrog GB12D4 is finally ready

Monty paaji got this made out of 18mm plywood on my insistence.

It's a 1.5 cu ft ported enclosure tuned at 30Hz following the dimensions given in the manual. Will get this installed on Sunday and fire up the subwoofer.

This would actually be the first time when my speakers and subwoofer are of the same brand. Let's see if that makes for a difference

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

ICE Apprentice
      Walter White of ICE

Awesome

Brief review of the Tru Technology SSLD6i

I hooked the Tru SSLD6i between the 80PRS and the DSP. The result was a major increase in loudness of the setup. The headroom gained with the old recordings was superb but there was no noticeable change in the sound signature of the whole setup.

So another experiment and the SSLD6i was shifted to the Innova with the Pioneer F60BT and after the SSLD6i there was no DSP and the signal was fed to the amplifier directly. Again the expected increase in loudness of the setup but this time however the sound signature had a major change.

The kickbass seemed tighter and faster and the vocals had definite more presence to them. Dare I say it made the F60BT turn into almost an audiophile HU

So it seems that the SSLD6i seems to work it's magic as a preamp that is right before the amplifier.

To further experiment, friend's setup was the next guinea pig. The source and dsp combo here is the Pioneer 8690 and the Audison Bit Ten.

This time the SSLD6i was used between the HU and Dsp and there was again a boost in loudness but also clipped the Bit Ten input stage so we held off the volume from being too high. The sound signature changed as well but not by a huge margin.

Next the SSLD6i was placed after the DSP. Now the loudness was much more than what it was when the SSLD6i was before the DSP but this time the sound signature changed quite a bit more as well. Similar to what it was with the F60BT in my car.

A more dynamic and slightly vocal centric sound signature was observed.

So would I recommend the SSLD6i ??? Well it's a setup dependent I would say.

If you have a good HU with a clean and high quality signal like say 80PRS, I don't thing the SSLD6i would be of any benefit to you.

If you have a non audiophile HU say a decent 2-din going into the amplifier with no DSP in between, then the change in sound signature might come in handy or make the sound a bit more dynamic and kinda make the details more prominent.

If you have a DSP connected to a HU, then again the SSLD6i makes no sense to me connected between them. The signal will in any case be converted to digital by the DSP prior to tuning.

After the DSP, I'd say it's probably a hit or miss if you like the results. My opinion would be to use something like this with maybe the Audison or older Helix processors like the PDSP, Bit Ten, Bit One or even more neutral sounding processors like Mosconi. With something like Alpine, Arc it would again be of no real use since they already sound dynamic out of the box.

I've removed the SSLD6i from the Ertiga and installed it in the Innova where it's doing the maximum good for the setup.

Living the dream

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by karanbhatia View Post
      Also in picture is the SMD DD-1 on loan from a friend to set the gains
      Does your friend have the CC-1 too
      Duster 110 -
      Source - Pioneer 80 PRS
      DSP - Helix DSP Pro
      Amplification
      - Mosconi AS200.4 (Mid Bass & Sub), AS100.4 (Tweeter & Mid Range)
      Speakers - AudioFrog GB60, GB25, GB10, Sub - GS12D4

Vaani Acoustics

Awesome

Nice ,short n sweet review. The line driver surely helps in clean systems n takes them up to a different level when used correctly. It's especially useful in stock hu which have higher noise floor n weak preout voltage. More the voltage, cleaner output can be achieved.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
      Last edited by WildWeasel; 11th Jul 2016 at 07:45. Reason: removed full quote
      Pioneer P99RS | Sinfoni Amplitude 120.4X | Sinfoni Allegro | Soundstream D200 | DLS A6 | Hiqphon OW II | Exodus Anarchy | AP RAM 3 | JBL GTi 12 Mkii| Polycab 1 gauge:) | Street Wires ZN9 RCA's

Something new is Coming!!

Vaani Acoustics

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by kanna.sridharan View Post
      Does your friend have the CC-1 too
      Are you trying to set crossovers from amplifier?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
      Last edited by piyush7243; 10th Jul 2016 at 01:38.
      Pioneer P99RS | Sinfoni Amplitude 120.4X | Sinfoni Allegro | Soundstream D200 | DLS A6 | Hiqphon OW II | Exodus Anarchy | AP RAM 3 | JBL GTi 12 Mkii| Polycab 1 gauge:) | Street Wires ZN9 RCA's

Something new is Coming!!

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread Information