• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ford Figo Aspire TDCi Titanium Ownership Report

Just Chrome it !

Awesome

Was looking for a glass coating on the car paint.

Lot of swirl marks had presented themselves on the painted surface. First these would need to be corrected, and then protected.

I remembered having read of some Bengaluru based detailer who applied this kind of glass coating.

So it was Google devaya namah, in real earnest. Searched for Detailers in Pune who do glass coating.

And pop came the answer, Aquatint Auto Detailing Studio, of Aquatint | Home

They have 3 versions of the Opti-coat. I spoke to them and booked myself an appointment. After several rounds of think-overs, I chose the base version. The car would need to be kept with them for a day.

Since it was a long weekend, I had anyways planned for a taxi trip to world natural heritage site at Satara - the Kaas plateau.

After returning back to Pune, the next day I found my 1 year old car looking better than when it arrived last year! Sunlight when it bounced off the swirls on paint only a few days back, used to be a thick beam. Now it's a narrow beam. There's a sparkle at all the edges that reflect sunlight.

Aquatint did an immaculate job over the weekend 😃.
      Quote Originally Posted by Sudipto Paul View Post
      Last week saw the 2nd free service.
      So I completed 10k kms in 10 months.

Vehicle avg. efficiency reading was between 13 and 15 kmpl, over the last couple of 100 kms, in non-econo mode.

This service they updated the Power train control module.

Now the reading is in the 21 - 22 kmpl zone, in non-econo mode.

Few days before the service, I went for early oil change - at 8k kms of synthetic oil. Compared to previous oil change which was before the first service, I was happy to see that there was zero slush formation. The oil flowed very smoothly into the bin and was black in color.

Shell station said no need to change the oil filter, so I have retained it.

This time I have gone for mineral oil again. To it, after a few days of riding, I have added STP Diesel (engine)oil treatment. I continue to use System D as diesel fuel additive.

Tyre update:
      Over the 10 months, total 2 punctures in the same tyre. Being tubeless, I was able to ride the vehicle to repair shop.

Sent from my H60-L04 using Tapatalk

Just Chrome it !

Awesome

Was looking for a glass coating on the car paint.

Lot of swirl marks had presented themselves on the painted surface. First these would need to be corrected, and then protected.

I remembered having read of some Bengaluru based detailer who applied this kind of glass coating.

So it was Google devaya namah, in real earnest. Searched for Detailers in Pune who do glass coating.

And pop came the answer, Aquatint Auto Detailing Studio, of Aquatint | Home

They have 3 versions of the Opti-coat. I spoke to them and booked myself an appointment. After several rounds of think-overs, I chose the base version. The car would need to be kept with them for a day.

Since it was a long weekend, I had anyways planned for a taxi trip to world natural heritage site at Satara - the Kaas plateau.

After returning back to Pune, the next day I found my 1 year old car looking better than when it arrived last year! Sunlight when it bounced off the swirls on paint only a few days back, used to be a thick beam. Now it's a narrow beam. There's a sparkle at all the edges that reflect sunlight.

Aquatint did an immaculate job over the weekend 😃.

Correction: Opti-coat is a ceramic clear coating, a level above glass coat..

Just Chrome it !

Awesome

Last week my vehicle came back from accidental damage repair. The left side mirror casing got sheared off.
      Got amazing service at Talera Ford. Vehicle was delivered back to me in second day with damaged unit replacement and insurance formalities completed.
      They already had the spares in store

Other side, people have started asking me when I bought the car. They are unable to believe it when I say it's a year old. Opti-coat is aging gracefully.

Few days back I was tailing another Aspire just for fun. On city roads at peak traffic there's little else one can do. In Pune the Aspire buyers are a homogeneous lot as regards choice of Color. I have seen Red, Blue, Black, Silver, Grey ones earlier on the road. This one was Golden. After a minute I realised that it was a diesel. And be it fast acceleration at the lights or low speed crawl, there were no fumes from the exhaust.
      Anybody can share when the diesels start emitting smoke ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just Chrome it !

Awesome

My vehicle will complete 3 years this September.
      Ford is already working on the refreshed model for the Figo Aspire.

Have just come back from a long picnic as daughter's school vacation has started.

Destination: Ganpatipule, Maharashtra
      Onward route: via Mahabaleshwar, Chiplun (2 long breaks, 12 hrs)
      Return route: via Amba, Karad (1 long, 2 short breaks, 9 hrs)
      Distance covered: total around 800 km
      Avg. Fuel consumption: 17.7 kmpl
      People travelling: 4 people, with baggage for 3 days

Road conditions: Lot of hill side driving. The roads on the onward journey were broken at most places, with lot of traffic up to Mahabaleshwar. Return journey was smoother.

Vehicle preparation for the trip:
      1. Solving the Starter problem:
      Of late, the vehicle had started giving stating problem. Same problem had occurred in Summer time last year, but lasted only a few days and after that everything was smooth. This time the problem was prolonged and one fine day I could not start it up while returning home after a family dinner at a restaurant.
      The next morning, I showed it to a local service center (Rider's Choice), and they diagnosed it as a starter problem. The starter unit had to be sent to Lucas company and the company responded back saying they would need to repair the starter. So, the vehicle was kept at the service center for a day and the next day evening I got it back, and till now its started at the first twist of the key. Cost of repair - a little over 4000 rupees.
      2. General servicing:
      Wanted to be sure that everything was working as expected, ahead of a long trip
      3. Engine oil and Coolant change at Shell

Now the vehicle is as good to drive as it was when new. In fact, a bit better - there's some kind of adjustments done by the Rider's Choice service center, and the post-gear-engagement clutch release is much smoother.
      We enjoyed our vacation at Ganpatipule, and I enjoyed driving to Ganpatipule and back.

Here're some pics from the legendary Arey-Warey road:
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180501_141550.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.92 MB 
ID:	231045
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180501_141302.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.99 MB 
ID:	231046

Forget and forgive. Live and
      let live. Learn and learn to

Awesome

Blog Entries
      So, the vehicle was kept at the service center for a day and the next day evening I got it back, and till now its started at the first twist of the key. Cost of repair - a little over 4000 rupees.
      Why didn't you claim warranty?

Just Chrome it !

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Simple_car View Post
      Why didn't you claim warranty?
      The previous time the problem had occurred last year, it went away by itself.
      So wanted to get it checked as near to the breakdown site, and as soon as possible.

Sent from my Lenovo K8 Note using Tapatalk

not aware that he can set his status here!

Hungry

I found my 1 year old car looking better
      Hey Sudipto, I am trying to contact you but it looks like you have turned off your messaging. I've been presented by following error message.
      Sudipto Paul has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages

I wanted to talk about your Opti coat coating experience.

My number is 9.9.7.0.3 one triple zero one one or you can call me or I will call you if you text your number. I am visiting Aquatint tomorrow, so it's bit urgent.

Thanks

P.S. --> Mods, please forgive me if this violates forum's policy but I am not finding other way to contact Sudipto.

2016 FORD FIGO 1.5D 2017 AMEO
      1.5D

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Has anyone continued to use the Shell Helix 5w40? How is the experience with Shell Helix 5w40? I had just started using Mobil Delvac 5w40 and I will be glad to get to know the experience after shifting from 5w30 to 5w40,

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information