• Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PROKLEAR SX Carnauba Car Wax Reviewed

Do or Do Not. There is no Try.

Awesome

PROKLEAR SX Carnauba Car Wax Reviewed

Hello Everybody,

Sorry for the late review, it was due for quite some time, but was stuck with work and gaming.

Anyways, lets get to the meat of it.

I am regular user of Proklear Xtreme CX Waterless/Rinseless wash and use it daily for cleaning my ride an love the product its good and very VFM. I also have WAW Shampoo and its a good shampoo for the price, leaves nice shine after washing. I was eagerly awaiting release of their Spray Wax, as I am sure they would release something pathbreaking for Indian market. I did not bought Spray Wax when it was released as was having lots of other waxes to use up and also, PROKLEAR did not announce its launch here . Anyways, i bought it eventually one day when detailing addiction took hold of me.

The Product

When I opened the packet I was like . The product is very watery, infact just like water unlike anything else I have used before. When I saw the product I had my apprehensions of how the product would work as it looked and felt just like water and the devil in my mind started saying "the product won't have much carnauba as it cannot be dissolved as easily in water" but I left my apprehensions aside and decided to use it without any bias. I also had trust in Satish as he would not launch a product without first testing it from all angles. That is one of the reasons spray wax was delayed so much. The product though is watery does not loose its consistency and no lumps are formed so whatever is dissolved, stays dissolved.

Application

I have used this product on my test mule i.e. my black lacquer table as well as on my car. The application was simple spray, spread, wait and buff. But the product does not spread evenly as its very watery, i have tried using applicator as well as mf towel but when I try to spread it, it streaks on the surface instead of doing a thin layer. The problem is accentuated when you are layering it over another product i.e. a glaze or sealant, or layering it over itself. The product is water based and layering it over a hydrophobic surface is difficult as it does not form an even layer. I tried spreading it after the product had half dried and it spreads more evenly then, but I don't think that its the right technique.

This is one place where I think we need guidance from Satish PROKLEAR on best technique to apply this product

That said, the product dries to a very hard layer and requires hard buffing to clear out. This gives some indication of the durability of the product. I had to spray again to get it removed. The beading after application was also quite good. The product also gave a good shine to the surface.

The usage of the product is a little more than other spray waxes I own as I used it for application as well as removal.

Review

So Overall, the product is good, especially at the price at which it comes. The application is a little tricky, but that does not take away the overall quality of the product. The surface beaded very nicely even after single thin layer of PROWLER Spray Wax. Infact, the product may be covering the whole area, and that may not be noticeable to eyes and we see the streaking, but its best that Satish clarifies about that. I haven't checked it durability but looking at the beading and the strong layer it forms after drying, I believe it would last as good as any wax. Looking at the consistency of the product, I think PROKLEAR has achieved some marvel in formulating such a watery carnauba based spray wax.

Overall I give 4/5 for the product as still have to sort out the application part.
      Some of my Threads:
      https://gearheads.in/showthread.php?24908-My-WOWA-Waterless-Wash-amp-Wax-Experiment
      http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?25158-Sunday-Detailing-my-Honda-Amaze
      http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?25582-The-Battle-of-Waxes

Do you dream? I do.

Secret

At last it's here. Thanks for the review mate. As you said, I'll wait for expert suggestion from the manufacturer itself with regard to the application before buying the product. Thanks again
      RiDES - Ford Classic 1.4L TDCi Titanium [2014] Maruti Suzuki Alto LX [2009] TVS Star DLX [2006]​

RiG
      - AMD Phenom II X6 1605T | ASUS M5A88-M | G.Skill RipjawsX 1600MHz 4GB | MSI N560GTX-M2D1GD5 | Seagate Barracuda 1TB | SeaSonic S12 II 520 | BitFenix Merc Alpha | Asus DRW-24B3ST | BenQ G2222HDAL | Lenovo M6811 | Razer Goliathus Control Edition | Logitech K100 | Philips SHP1900 | F&D A-510 |

RiNGERS - Lumia 520 | Lumia 730 |

Karma has no menu, you get
      served what you deserve

Awesome

Crisp Review. Probably too early to ask, how long had this been on the surface. Any comments for durability??
      I'm sure, with rinseless wash, it would be quite durable (if possible, can you ignore a pannel and not do rinseless wash) for few week(s)

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a vitamin dose

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Thanks Coolash, would be nice to add a pic of product, link to buy and price of the product too.

A good capture of who should use it and who should not will be great for people to read and understand!

Goodwill is what you take with
      you not your Money

Awesome

coolash: Thanks very much for your review and the effort and of course your valuable suggestions. Your suggestions after testing the beta version was very helpful and thanks for that also. We had to redesign our formulation completely after the beta version. We wanted to develop a product which was easy to use with maximum possible effectiveness, water based, with no unwanted additives and no abrasives . While developing we found that the one of the ways we can increase the uptake of wax (also longevity of the wax layer) by the painted surface was by using a buffing machine which will create frictional heat and melt the wax to flow into the peaks and valleys of the painted substrate, but not every one has the time or access for such a process. To achieve the same effect we had to reduce the wax particle size with lowest possible viscosity. The reason for it's watery consistency.

As regarding the application, apply to applicator / cloth or spray directly on the panel and keep working and spreading till very little residue is left out so that it will be easy to buff off once it hazes.
      We will prepare a video for the application procedure shortly.

As regarding the spreadability on a hydrobhobic surface we are tweaking the formula to sort that issue immediately.
      Also as suggested by you now SX bottle is sealed with air tight cap and the spray gun is not attached to prevent leakage during transport.

Please keep on sending your comments, suggestions and feedback.

Thanks,
      Satish
      PROKLEAR

#detailing
      Last edited by PROKLEAR; 22nd Jan 2016 at 16:55.

Do or Do Not. There is no Try.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by metal_heart View Post
      Crisp Review. Probably too early to ask, how long had this been on the surface. Any comments for durability??
      The best time to test durability is summer or rains as that test the wax to the limit, will do a durability test around that time

Quote Originally Posted by metal_heart View Post
      I'm sure, with rinseless wash, it would be quite durable (if possible, can you ignore a pannel and not do rinseless wash) for few week(s)
      Haven't tested the actual durability, but based on prior experience on working with waxes, it should be quite durable. But opinion and test are two different things

Quote Originally Posted by rksingh1 View Post
      Thanks Coolash, would be nice to add a pic of product, link to buy and price of the product too.
      It costs Rs. 299 for 500ml bottle. Can be bought at all major ecom portals like amazon, eBay etc.

A shoutout to satish (@PROKLEAR) for sending the product even when ecom delivery was not working in chennai.
      Some of my Threads:
      https://gearheads.in/showthread.php?24908-My-WOWA-Waterless-Wash-amp-Wax-Experiment
      http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?25158-Sunday-Detailing-my-Honda-Amaze
      http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?25582-The-Battle-of-Waxes

Modify on your own

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by coolash View Post
      shoutout to satish (@PROKLEAR)
      that shows his dedication and hes dealing with an expert right so no delay LOL

My Lovable Family Mover
      Friendly

Awesome

Proklear Sx Carnauba Spray Wax Review.

I thought of posting Spray wax review today anyhow our wax Master Coolash Posted yesterday itself!

How to use the Spray Wax:
      1. Make Sure your Car free from dust & in shade (please Avoid Night time)
      2. Make Sure your Car is Cleaned with Shampoo or Proklear WAW.
      3. If Car was Cleaned before one day with Shampoo or covered with dust free please again get cleaned by Proklear CX Raw Xterme.
      4. You can take 2 microfibers one for Applying & another for buffing (preferably the two Microfibers sathish gifted as free from Proklear CX Raw Xterme Package).
      5. Specify & have one panel per wax if it was Bonnet do into half!
      6. Spray Wax on the surface should cover all over of the panel by applicator or Microfiber!
      7. Let it get into dry or Haze!( not more than a min it should in secs)
      8. A powder layer formed on the surface of panel get B lured out. (Haze).
      9. Take other Microfiber and Buff slowly and hardly until every thing (powdered layer) getting cleared out on the pannel.
      10. Check the results and apply another for perfection!

Try to Avoid Area:
      1. Proklear SX was come with Spray gun it always gone to slippage while spraying hence have the applicator or Microfiber to hold and take the excess slippage and make use it while applying!
      2. After Applying don't leave for more than a min it to get hard strains & hence you have to apply it again!(it takes only micro seconds to get haze or powered layer)
      3. Don't leave any residues on other panel while applying!
      4. Avoid Night time preferably do it in day time!

For Xylo!

Till today Xylo had 4 times of spray wax!

For two times usage level!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160111_225341.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	2.45 MB 
ID:	215930

Bonnet 8 times, Tailgate 6 times, Roof 2 times & other panels 4 times!

For Xylo it takes 4 Hours to complete fully! For other cars & Sedans take less time only!

Results:

Ultra Shine Performance.

First Time Apply

Name:	20160110_070353_Richtone(HDR).jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	2.80 MB 
ID:	215923

Second Time:

Name:	20160112_124146.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	2.62 MB 
ID:	215924

Name:	20160112_124417.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	2.66 MB 
ID:	215925

Name:	20160112_124553.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	2.72 MB 
ID:	215926

Third & Fourth Time together:

Name:	20160117_152204_Richtone(HDR).jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	2.95 MB 
ID:	215927

Name:	20160117_152332_Richtone(HDR).jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	3.03 MB 
ID:	215928

Name:	20160117_152636_Richtone(HDR).jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	3.24 MB 
ID:	215929

As far product Usage & Results i am quite happy it! VFM Product Proklear SX!
      *** Only Life is Priceless and making each day Count!.. ***

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a vitamin dose

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Great work Sathishkumar Shanmugam, I think a single bottle should last for 7-8 times. Car is looking great. Red color has a new shine to it.

How long did it take for you to completely detail your car? Which product did you use before and how does it stand in comparison?

brabus

Awesome

Great review Coolash/Satish. I got myself one - curiosity got the better of me. It's Rs. 269 in Flipkart inclusive of shipping. The application method certainly seems a bit challenging. Looking forward to it!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information