• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Laali meet World, World meet Laali : New Age Mahindra XUV500 Mara Red W10 FWD

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

i suggest you go for highest IDV possible with every ADD on available .

IDV doesnt come into play only During TOTAL loss , iDV will determine if YOUR CAR is REPAIRABLE or TOTAL loss .

TOTAL loss is a result based on two CRITERIA

1: damage to CHASSIS that can compromise a cars Structural integrity

2: has the given repair estimate Crossed 75%-80% of IDV .

incase a Cars Chassis or STRUCTURAL integrity is compromised then it doesnt matter just take IDV and walk out .

BUT incase you IDV is 11lakhs but Repair estimate is Rs 890000/- (80% of IDV ) car will be written off as TOTAL loss . and give you 11lakhs (minus some amount )

but if you had an IDV of 14lakhs insurance will fix the car for you and pay A.S.S Rs 890000/-

now you may ask that if a car warrants Rs890000/- worth repair is it safe to use it later ,

my answer is in cars that cost above 10lakhs , repairs are expensive , the real cost of repairs would be only 4 lakhs but A.s.s can inflate bills to 8lakhs easily .

ill just site an example , MY cruze IDV should be 5.5-6 lakhs only with 20k premium .
      but i paid 40k premium for a 10lakh IDV .

i crashed my under carriage last year , GB and few other components were broken , no damage any where else .

Chevy gave an initial estimate of 2 lakhs and then after insurance approves , chevy backtracked saying the GB is OLD and they dont have FULL GB now and only CHILD parts can be sold , which inflated the BILL to 6LAKHS just for GB .

the insurance surveyor , assuming that a 2011 CRUZE can never HAVE an IDV above 6lakhs told my car is TOTAL loss .

i pointed out my IDV was 10lakhs , he was shocked and he enquired with his manager and then finally had to fight with CHevy and reach a compromise with chevy over the amount and paid some 4.4lakhs and i paid 60k even though i had a zerodep policy (since surveyor openly told me that i had to pay for salvage ). since i wanted my car out i agreed t pay the 60k else i could have escalated to IRDA or some forum since i had a BULLET proof policy .

so if the car cost above 10 lakhs ...... take the highest IDV on offer with any and ALL addons .

i hate arguing with insurance surveyors and A.S.S guys over who pays for what .

i take every addon and make sure the insurance guys cant even open thier mouth to me regarding consumables /salvage /engine damage etc .

yes i pay Rs10000-15000/- more than the basic premium every year for all my cars and bikes , but in the event of a claim , the additional 10-15k inr translates in to 3-5lakhs more .

regards
      riyaz

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

And from what I know , XUV 500 W10 sun roof cost some 1.5lakhs right ,

Few body panels + few glass panels + som alloys + tyres + few mechanical parts which can be easily replaced .

Might end up costing 6-7lakhs + and end up making your car total loss , even though it would have been structurally fit .

In that case pay out might be 10lakhs ,

But you would have paid 18lakhs OTR + accessories + taken care of the car paying top ruppee for best service available .

Incase car was taken on loan , the interest paid is also gone .

But if you pay 5k-10k premium more , getting a higher IDV

Two scenarios may happen

Either Insurance decides to pay the repair Estimate and give your structurally intact car with new panels+ glass + mechanicals to you

Or

At least you get 13-17lakhs back in form of IDV out from the 18lakhs you paid .

Incase of scenario one ,
      You can either use the car or sell it in case your doubt full of it's safety , and get a decent amount out of it .

How ever you see , it's comes down to 10-15k inr ,

Either you pay 10k extra now get few extra lakhs when a big claim happens

Or

Save 10k-15k now forgo few lakhs or your whole car when a big claim happens .

So highest IDV + zerodep + add-ons =. Shut up and pay the bill policy (that's how I call it )

Servic centers charge insane amounts as labour now a days , bills reach very high amounts for what would have been simple damages a few years ago .

So it's your call finally , I always prefer having my cars for 10years /200000kms
      And spend quite a lot on thier mechanical health .

So I don't want some insurance guy writing off my car over some inflated bill , which could have been avoided paying few thousands now .

That's my opinion .

Regards
      Riyaz

Sent from my Lenovo K8 Plus using Tapatalk

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

The last 2 posts explain why we call *Bhai* as the almighty _/|\_
      and he's our insurance

Dream is not what you see when you sleep;dream is something that doesn't make you sleep - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.

Mahindra XUV 500
      Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      I renewed the insurance few days back from HDFC Ergo online insurance renewal portal. Surprisingly, it gave me the best rate compared to any other online portal and margin was substantial.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Insurance breakup.PNG 
Views:	16 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	229431

This was for an IDV of 11L with zero dep and road side assistance cover added.

Why 11L?

If the car is damaged so much that the repair cost is 80% of 11L, I'd rather take 11L and walk away than repairing that highly damaged car. The conversation above on total loss and related claim along with impact of various add-ons with incurance cover really helped me to finalize it.

The process with the online site was smooth and easy. The second closest quote was from Royal Sundaram at INR23,800 for similar IDV.

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Blog Entries

Laali goes to Mysuru Palace

It was a simple little drive to Mysure yesterday with family. Started little late in morning. It was around 10 when we left. Stopped somewhere near Madduru for a break. Had McD there. Reached Mysuru Palace by 2. Then went to St Philomena's Church and then finally to Brindavan Garden by evening 6:30. Started from Brindravan Garden at 9pm, stopped at Yadiyur for lunch at Mayur hotel and reached home by 12:30 midnight.

Onward Journey was this:

Name:	onward.PNG 
Views:	14 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	229534

Return journey was a different route:

Name:	return.PNG 
Views:	14 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	229535

Experience:

Onward journey was a mess. I paid tolls as Yeshwantpur, Blr ring road and then while taking exit to Mysuru road. Blr ring road toll of 75 for 15km stretch was way overpriced. The road via Ramanagara-Mandya is a tollfree 4 lane road with decent to moderate road condition, but the traffic is crazy. You'll find empty stretches now and then, but your entire journey will be spent negotiating with bikers / autowala, bus, and other oversmart drivers. If the drive to Lepakshi was breeze, this drive was forgettable.

From Brindavan gardens, when I Googled for return trip, I was pleasantly surprised to see another route via Mangalore highway. It took me through village roads for some 80km but since it was night 9:30 already, the village roads were deserted and I could drive past them without any worry. Since I was crossing villages, I encountered like 100+ speed breakers and some of them very poorly lit and highlighted. After touching the highway, the journey was good. That highway is in good condition and a spirited drive took us back home by 12:30.

It was a good day spent on road. Mysuru has good city roads and the city itself isn't big. I am sure I'll be visiting the city again to cover the Zoo (asia's 2nd largest zoo aparently) and Chamundi Hills.

O_o

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by rksingh1 View Post
      Brindavan Garden by evening 6:30. Started from Brindravan Garden at 9pm, stopped at Yadiyur for lunch at Mayur hotel and reached home by 12:30 midnight.

Dinner*

you're welcome.

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Blog Entries

GT300 - Cheapest Car Dashcam Review

This review is long pending.

I was looking for a Car DashCam mostly for safety purpose and it wasn't expected to shoot amazing road videos for me. Just in case if some accidents happen or something funny, I'll have a video record and with that in mind, I set out to look for a decent DashCam.

I was looking for a camera and recording function from the device, and I didn't want to spend more than 5k on it. There are devices that could cost well above 15k and I am not sure if they are worth the price specially when a phone with 2 camera units is coming for 5-6k with lot more on-board.

Anyway. Product that I was considering was one Mi DashCam - which I was almost to finalize, only to leave it due to its sheer big size and lack of discreetness. While I was ok it not being discreet, I really wanted it to be small.

Then came GT300 - the budget, most VFM dashcam. I did a quick research and seemed that people had liked the product. The FHD and night vision was good. Plus features like motion detect, g-sensor, parking mode, lane departure warning(mostly a gimmick) made me go for it. The price on Gearbest.com was $14 and it was not a product to create a problem for me if it didn't work. I ordered it on 7th July with free shipping. Expected delivery was by 15-Aug. It didn't come. There was no tracking enabled. I waited for 2 more weeks, and then lodged a complaint with gearbest.com. They asked me to wait till 9th September which was the actual delivery closure date in the system. Then I totally forgot about it. The product never came.

Sometime on October 10th, it got to me that a product from China is yet to come. I looked up and lodged a complaint again. This time, after 2 mail exchanges, on 15th, they said, they'll ship me another box, free of charge, with partial tracking. I was like - yay!!

The product arrived to my Kolkata house on 25th Nov 2017. Here is how it came:

Name:	IMG_20171125_145658.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	3.98 MB 
ID:	229707

Name:	IMG_20171125_145642.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	3.84 MB 
ID:	229708

Name:	IMG_20171125_145724.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	3.45 MB 
ID:	229710

Name:	IMG_20171125_145912.jpg 
Size:	3.98 MB 
ID:	229711

I wasn't sure if I am going to fix it myself or take it to someplace. I didn't have time for either, and the box stayed in car for quite a long time. When the water in fuel issue came, I did ask the service center guy to install it, for which he quoted 200 bucks. I said ok - but he never got time to do it and I left without getting it installed. I also needed a memory card for the device - so I ordered a 32gigs from Amazon and it came around the new year time.

5th Jan turned out to be the "almighty" day when this got installed in the car. I ended up DIY - my first ever DIY.

Name:	IMG_20180105_145203_HHT.jpg 
Size:	3.66 MB 
ID:	229712

Name:	IMG_20180105_150019_HHT.jpg 
Size:	3.48 MB 
ID:	229713

Name:	IMG_20180105_150254.jpg 
Size:	3.18 MB 
ID:	229714

Name:	IMG_20180105_151912.jpg 
Size:	2.53 MB 
ID:	229715

Name:	IMG_20180105_152154.jpg 
Size:	3.37 MB 
ID:	229716

Name:	IMG_20180105_152717.jpg 
Size:	4.73 MB 
ID:	229717

I plugged it into the last row plug-point. There are three of them in the car. I left the front and middle row points for charging, plus, I also wanted to keep the front of the car clutter free from wires. Since it is at the other side of IRVM, I barely notice it. The wire that came was 5ft long - it fit exactly from the charging point to dashcam -as if it was made exactly to fit here. IT took me 20 mins to get it all going. Plugged in the device and it worked. For $14, it turned on and worked. The menu was in english, I made the require settings changes. FHD, 25fps, disable LDW, parking mode off (there is a red color P button in front to activate it whenever needed). It was ready to work. Here are couple of videos that were shot with it. Sorry for poor audio, (it records audio too)

Night video sucks. Its totally unusable. You can't clearly see anything. I didn't turn the night mode on for the video - but I'll try one with it. Honestly, since there is just one infrared light, I doubt it is going to do any wonders to quality.

Day video is usable. Car number plates can be seen only for the immediately next vehicle. Moving vehicle details - forget it. HDR is bad, so the extreme light to shadow transitions take their own time. Highly sensitive to light.

My overall experience is average. Given another car, I won''t buy it and will go with Xiaomi camera. You do need a clear night videos for it to be useful. I might keep it for sometime - the scrap it and get a Xiaomi DashCam. Till then, it is fine to be used.
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171125_145724.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	3.45 MB 
ID:	229709  

Last edited by rksingh1; 16th Jan 2018 at 09:59.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread Information