• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Laali meet World, World meet Laali : New Age Mahindra XUV500 Mara Red W10 FWD

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by rksingh1 View Post
      Do you guys know what is RFID that Mahindra affixes? What is it for?
      That RFID is used to log automatically when the car enters or leaves Mahindra Service Centre.

Then one of the person came down to office parking to affix the RFID on my windshield.
      But why in centre of windshield? Wouldn;t it have been better to have on top-left of the windscreen (i mean on co-driver side)?

Also, have any of you used BlaBlaCar?
      Are you planning to have strangers on-board for your Chennai trip? I would avoid that.

my trip tomorrow to Chennai
      Happy Journey!! Drive safe.

Life's Boring !!!

Awesome

Chandigarh (Paradise) - Indrapuram (Vertical Slum)
      Also, have any of you used BlaBlaCar?
      I extensively use BlaBla. Till date haven't faced any issues. I agree to take only those associates who are either rated on BlaBla or have approved Govt. Id verification.

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      This was an epic drive.

I used BlaBla and an IIT student joined me from Kharagpur to Vijaywada - a distance of approx 1000km. He was going to pay me 1900 bucks for this ride. Only constraint, I had to pick him up at 1pm from Kharagpur. I asked him for his Aadhar copy just for surety.

I altered my start time to 11am to accomodate him. It eventually became 11:30 and I picked him up at 1:35pm. We started our journey. Reached Bhubaneswar by 6:30pm. Took a evening snacks break here. By night 1, we were in Vijag. A later dinner at Meghalaya house and then started again at 1:45. Felt sleepy 50km before Rajahmundry at 4am. Parked at a fuel station and slept till 7am. Woke up and started again. stopped before Eluru at 9:15am for breakfast. Dropped him at Vijaywada Benz circle at 10:30.

I did a non-stop /no-break drive from Vijaywada to Chennai home covering 472km in 6.5hrs, including the messed up Chennai city traffic. It took me 2hrs to cover last 50km.

Last I had tanked up in Berhampur in Odisha, I have driven for 1090km since then without stopping for fuel again. Car still showed 2 bars when I parked it at Chennai home.

This was the shortest time ever taken by me to cover CCU-MAA sector. 29.5hrs this time around fr 1700 odd kms. If one more person is there with you who can drive, this can be covered in less than 24hrs. My IIT co-passenger was little excited to spend time in Vizag and if not for him, I would certainly have saved my 1.5hrs in Vizag city. All this with 100kmph constraint.

Fastag Impressions

It was a mixed experience with Fastag. In West Bengal, the tolls were hybrid - meaning, get into the shortest queue and pay by cash or fastag. Relatively smooth. Odisha was the place where they seemed less reluctant. They still had a dedicated lane written Fastag, but at most places, I saw hybrid lanes. Rather than having a fixed sensor in the lane, they carried a handheld device to scan the scan the code. At three booths, they rather gave me the scan-gun to scan it from inside.

From Vizag to Vijaywada - barring a place or two, none of the tolls accepted Fastag. There were different excuses at different places, even though they did have a lane with Fastag marking. Worst experience was here.

Best experience was from Vijaywada to Chennai. A dedicated, well marked lane with a security guy standing in front. You approach the lane and he lets you go in the lane. At the first speed breaker, your tag gets scanned and then the barrier opens and you cross by. I crossed these booths in 3rd gear mostly, without stopping at all. This is how the Fastag experience is expected to be. I hope the same gets replicated to all the tolls or they clearly mark it whether they accept Fastag or not. In Odisha or before Vizag, I saw a toll booth where I entered in Fastag lane only to be told it is a dedicated "Cash only" lane, whereas all other are hybrid. This was a new for me. Clearly, there are many toll booths who would rather prefer a cash payment than an online payment.

Life's Boring !!!

Awesome

Chandigarh (Paradise) - Indrapuram (Vertical Slum)
      From Vizag to Vijaywada - barring a place or two, none of the tolls accepted Fastag. There were different excuses at different places, even though they did have a lane with Fastag marking. Worst experience was here.
      I would suggest that you lodge a complain at :: Grievance Registration Form ::
      . I was also facing lot of issues at the Grondha Toll Plaza on NH1. I would regularly raise grievance with pictures and now things have improved. I haven't faced any issues since the last 4 to 5 months.

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Chennai Velachery to Royale Senate hotel, Hebbal, Bangalore - 363KM

Planned starting was around 4pm, but actually started 6:20pm. Initial 40-50km was a 4 lane highway. Was disappointed, but after the first toll, it was a lovely 6 lane highway all the way till Electronic city in Bangalore. It was a non-stop drive all the way to the hotel where we checked in at 11:30 in the night. A drive of 5hrs 10 mins was great.

I mostly drove at around 110-120kmph range. Highway is beautiful and I didnt see any unreasonable traffic. Got a mileage of 14-15kmpl approx. Good fastag lanes. Never paid cash at any toll.

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171207_142736.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	4.45 MB 
ID:	229164

I put fuel in car at an Indian Oil station near Amrutahalli, Hebbal on 5th night around 8pm. I drove for 10km to reach my hotel at 37th Crescent and gave the keys to hotel staff to park it. It was parked overnight in basement and then in afternoon around 1pm when I started the car, I saw those two warning lights on. Water in fuel and check engine. I drove the car to my apartment thinking it might disappear. It didn't. Then in night, I drove it back to hotel and I parked it myself, without giving the key to hotel staff. The warning lights were still on after 20km of this roundd trip drive. I drove straight into Sireesh Auto service center for checkup.

I am yet to be attended by anyone here. Been 20mins approx. I don't know how this service center is, however the reception girl has been communicative to keep me updated on technician availability.

Do I need to worry? J.Ravi, bhvm, Lvramanan vehfreak and other XUV owners?

Awesome

we
      Good that your forced bachelor days are over now!!

Water in fuel
      Water in fuel warning should be no worry. It would be attended to easily. They just should drain water from the fuel filter.

check engine
      CEL could be due to Water in fuel warning.

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by speed79 View Post
      Water in fuel warning should be no worry. It would be attended to easily. They just should drain water from the fuel filter.
      +1 & Yup a simple process. Don't let the ASS folks threaten you & mint money.

Quote Originally Posted by speed79 View Post
      CEL could be due to Water in fuel warning.
      +1

Have a OBD Scanner handy & it would be helpful in such cases. It hardly costs 700 bucks these days.

Dream is not what you see when you sleep;dream is something that doesn't make you sleep - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.

Mahindra XUV 500
      Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Thanks speed79 and Lvramanan. It indeed was a simple thing. A person named Shigli attended me ar Sireesh Auto and explained me that it could just be a simple issue with fuel filter. Cleaning it should fix the issue, if not, a fuel tank cleaning might be needed. I also had a low pressure issue in rear left tyre.

He raised a job card and took the car inside the garage. A technician attended the issue immediately. Drained the fuel filter and found a puncture in tyre which got fixed. All done in 30 mins. A QA guy came with me to take a 7-8km round and confirm things were good. They indeed were good. No warning lights. Since then, I have driven for 15km and no lights.

This service costed me 339 bucks. I was mighty pleased. I infact walked into managers cabin, just to tell him how professional his staff was. I tried to tip Shigli, but he refused.

This service center is just 1.5km from my apartment. I guess I know where my car is going for service work till I am there in that place.

love my country and love my
      vehicles

Awesome

Sorry rksingh1 for late reply was busy with lot of things. Good to hear that your beast is back on road. the sign would have basically from the last fuel filling. That can happen with any one, however this is what I do .... look for fuel pumps owned and run by the petroleum company before starting my long journey and decide which pumps to use for refilling. Contaminated fuel is the reason.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread Information