• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Thread: Laali meet World, World meet Laali : New Age Mahindra XUV500 Mara Red W10 FWD

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by rksingh1 View Post
      Though I am slightly intrigued with the fact that if the output is so rich now, how will it be with an underseat sub added?
      The lows will become very prominent and you can feel the bass a lot more with a added sub.

This Infinity BassLink looks to be an active sub - how is it expected to be connected to Amp then?
      An active sub will have an inbuilt amplifier. It need not go via your existing amplifier. You've to use a Hi-Lo Converter to split the signals & feed one to your existing amp for the mid and highs (your components) and lows to your Active sub directly.

Some bridging?
      Bridging will be required when you use a Passive subwoofer and connect it to your rear 2 channels of your existing amp. Bridging technically will combine left and right of your rear channels and use it a single channel with a boosted power output as required for your subwoofer.

I certainly don't want another amp - don't have space for it.
      If you're going Active Sub you don't need another one. Another option, you can look at is get a passive sub, pull out the 2nd row coax off Amp and power it via stock Nippon HU and use the rear 2 channels bridged to power your sub.

Also, what other underseat sub I can look at? I am fine sourcing it from US.
      There are plenty of options if you can source from US.

1) Kenwood Compact Sub

2) Pioneer Compact Sub

3) Rockford Fosgate Compact Sub

4) JBL Underseat Sub

BTW, what's ur budget ? And do you want only an Underseat sub only ? Will you be using your 3rd row always ? You can have a removable sub option with banana plugs in case if you want to use the 3rd row. That's another option and that's how I use it.

From last 3-4 weeks, I am hearing some creaky sound from rear right coax speaker
      Despite replacing the speaker if its happening means, it could be your amp. Did the installer check the amp. Can you interchange your channels in amp and see if the creaky sound appear on the other driver ?

Dream is not what you see when you sleep;dream is something that doesn't make you sleep - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.

Mahindra XUV 500
      Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio

love my country and love my
      vehicles

Awesome

Hi Rksingh1 a quick question....your and my xuv is almost same age....hows the battery going on? Reason why I asked is coz I have to buy a battery for my Willys Jeep(its dead now) was thinking to put a new battery in XUV and use the XUVs battery in my Jeep?...will it be a sensible thing? Also can I replace the battery myself....any resetting or ideling relearn procedure involved with diesel engine(sorry I have no idea about diesel engine....first diesel car)?

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

My XUV battery lasted 6 years. A few months ago I swapped it with my Pickup. Its working with pickup well.
      No re-learning required. Its pretty easy to do.
      Check Left pole or Right pole. Some cars have reversed (Safari is reversed).

BTW how old is your XUV?

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by vehfreak View Post
      hows the battery going on?
      How can I check the juice left in there? All I know that it hasn't given me any issue so far for me to be concerned about.

When my car had shutdown 3 weeks back, the RSA mechanic had checked the battery and said it is all fine and nothing to worry with it.

Quote Originally Posted by bhvm View Post
      My XUV battery lasted 6 years.
      I'd be blessed if my car battery runs for 6 years too

Guess it is about the usage pattern of the vehicle. I use it regularly except the weeks when I am in Kolkata. That happens for 2 weeks every other month. Other than that, the car runs for around 200km every week. I guess, that keeps the battery life going.

Awesome

Actually. My cars sit a lot. XUV has been sitting since past 2 months. Other than occasional 2km trip to keep oils circulating, its nothing.
      Generally my use is the worst for battery.

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Under body engine guard and visit to service center

I did a quick 190km trip on Sunday to a nearby lake called Gudibenda lake. While the drive and meeting with friends was great - Laali had a little misadventure.

Near the lake, the front right wheel found a muddy spot which it didn't want to leave. After some work, we managed to pull it out (details here : GearHeads India ), however, this damaged the underbody engine guard and rear two screws came loose.

When I touched the highway - car wobbled like a snake on the road after crossing speeds like 120-130kmph. I felt it to be the mud, but there wasn't any likelihood for that to be the culprit. I drove like that to home and then some inspection in the evening to notice that underbody cover is hanging from one side. I thought it is damaged and needs a replacement. Felt sad for it - but then, things like these happen in an XUV owners' life.

I took the car to service center the next day and had my favourite RM Shigli check it. He took the car inside. The mechanic Ajith, took the car up on ramp and saw that the guard is not damaged, and just the screws should do the job. He fixed in in 5 mins and went on to tighten other screws around the car.

He was also told to look into air-lock and see if there are any error codes. He cleared the error codes first. Then went on to press the primming pump few times after loosening on scre. This was to ensure any air bubble comes out. After that - I was all set. Gate pass was issued and a QA person left me near the exit door. Zero money charged.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190210_122454-2304x1088.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	334.5 KB 
ID:	234876

Name:	IMG_20190211_093203-2304x1088.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	334.5 KB 
ID:	234877

Name:	IMG_20190211_093448-2304x1088.jpg 
Size:	236.9 KB 
ID:	234878

Name:	IMG_20190211_093801-2304x1088.jpg 
Size:	310.0 KB 
ID:	234879

Name:	IMG_20190211_094413-2304x1088.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	236.2 KB 
ID:	234880

Name:	IMG_20190211_094413-2304x1088.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	236.2 KB 
ID:	234880

The pic below shows the scratches the engine guard has taken on its own :

Name:	IMG_20190211_094044-2304x1088.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	269.3 KB 
ID:	234881

Finally, the car is ready to go :

Name:	IMG_20190211_094614-2304x1088.jpg 
Size:	318.1 KB 
ID:	234882

I was also told by Ajith, the mechanic, that the front disc pads are completely gone and need a replacement. I asked if there will last till next service in 1k KM, he said yes, these will be fine. How do we tell if the disc breaks are good?

Name:	IMG_20190211_093931-2304x1088.jpg 
Size:	225.0 KB 
ID:	234883

Name:	IMG_20190211_100346-2304x1088.jpg 
Size:	191.1 KB 
ID:	234884

Awesome

Nice adventure.
      Wobbling like a snake (if it was that Violent) will not happen due to loose enging guard. I hope they have checked tie rods and suspension.
      Discs themselves have specified thickness (I think 25mm Min). I changed mine at 85k Kms.

vehicles

Awesome

Wobbling can happen with the plastic guard hanging, as higher speed of 120-130 will have quite a bit of air drag and resistance.
      How do we tell if the disc breaks are good?
      Visual inspection for any deep grooves and measuring the thickness if it is within the service limit. My XUV has clocked around 48K and still on first rotor and brake pads, thinking of getting the rotor measured during 50K service and change the brake pads though it still has lot of meat but better to change during 50K service for peace of mind.
      Finally, the car is ready to go
      Nice to see LAALI roaring again.

vehicles

Awesome

BTW how old is your XUV?
      Will be three years in March
      My XUV battery lasted 6 years.
      Which make was the battery? Mine is Amaron 105D31R 85 Ah
      Its working with pickup well.
      Thats what I have also done...bought a new Amaron 105D31R for XUV and old battery (in great shape) has gone into my Jeep. The new battery costed me 5.5 K with buy back of old battery which was 60 Ah, had to pay extra INR500 extra being not of the same Ah. XUV got the new battery and Jeep live once again.
      No re-learning required
      Thanks!!

vehicles

Awesome

Guess it is about the usage pattern of the vehicle.
      Absolutely. My Jeeps battery went kaput as I had to leave the Jeep standing for around 3 months with battery connected, unfortunately I missed the warranty replacement by just one month. For XUV I make sure that car runs few good kms if its standing continuous for 3-4 days keeps the health of battery in good shape.
      How can I check the juice left in there?
      use a multimeter it should show 12.50 to 12.90 Volts and with engine running it should show around 14+ volts...it checks battery and alternator health. Apart from this you cant do much but keep the terminals clean.

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Thread Information