• Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Petrol AT within 12lacs

Gearheads Rule!!!

Secret

Lightbulb Petrol AT within 12lacs

Hello fellow Gearheads

I own a 2012 Skoda rapid TDi which has clocked a mere 31000 kms but now since my driving is mostly in city I am looking to change it with an Automatic Petrol sedan.
      Have test driven almost all the cars within my budget and now am more than confused as to which one to buy.
      The main contenders after the TD are
      1 VW Vento TSI Highline
      2 Honda City VX CVT
      3 Ford Ecosport DCT

My Initial observations regarding the three in order of non preference are

1 Ford Ecosport -
      Pros - loved the solid feel the car gives, the looks, ground clearance, DCT gearbox.
      Cons- DCT reliability, Mediocre petrol engine, cramped rear bench

2 Honda City
      Pros - Great Reliability, good features on offer, great iVtec engine
      Cons - Ride Quality(Esp after driving Skoda Rapid for 4 years), CVT performance, super light build quality

3 VW Vento TSi
      Pros- Great build quality, good ride quality, slick DSG gearbox, superb TSI engine, good equipment list (now with LED Drl and LED headlamps)
      Cons - DSG Reliability

After all this the car that I really wanted to take was Vento TSI but somehow I am not comfortable with DSG reliability issues. Although I know that these may be a thing of the past but still I dont want to risk my money and peace of mind until I am absolutely sure.

So now only you friends can help me solve this puzzle. You may also suggest any other options that I may have overlooked.

^ BHP = Torque X RPM

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by shekjsk View Post
      Vento TSI
      does it come with the extended warranty option? if so how expensive is it?
      and if you are not planning to keep it for very long i feel the above should take care of the only con of the car!

Save the endangered species!! Save the Two Strokes!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/130855790280909/

Endodontist Here

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by bhpistorqintorpm View Post
      does it come with the extended warranty option? if so how expensive is it?
      and if you are not planning to keep it for very long i feel the above should take care of the only con of the car!
      dear bhpistorqintorpm I have hereby attached the extended warranty price list of Volkswagen vehicles India. Source:Extended Warranty Service
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	24 
Size:	545.4 KB 
ID:	216464  

Endodontist Here

Awesome

VW Vento TSi
      Pros- Great build quality, good ride quality, slick DSG gearbox, superb TSI engine, good equipment list (now with LED Drl and LED headlamps)
      Cons - DSG Reliability

After all this the car that I really wanted to take was Vento TSI but somehow I am not comfortable with DSG reliability issues. Although I know that these may be a thing of the past but still I dont want to risk my money and peace of mind until I am absolutely sure.

So now only you friends can help me solve this puzzle. You may also suggest any other options that I may have overlooked.
      Dear shekjsk Volkswagen is offering 2+2 years/100000kms warranty on the Tsi motor mated to the 7speed dsg gearbox so u can happily buy and enjoy your ride. Previously I don't think there was extended warranty on the Tsi motor now they are offering which means to my knowledge the dsg gear box is reliable???

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

You can go for cs sedans like xcent,aspire it will save some money. Ecosport is good in terms of safety like 6 airbags and esp.
      If you buy a vw go for gt polo.Have you tried ertiga, verna,ciaz?

Gearheads Rule!!!

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by Sugastian G View Post
      Dear shekjsk Volkswagen is offering 2+2 years/100000kms warranty on the Tsi motor mated to the 7speed dsg gearbox so u can happily buy and enjoy your ride. Previously I don't think there was extended warranty on the Tsi motor now they are offering which means to my knowledge the dsg gear box is reliable???
      Thanks Sugastian. The problem is that my annual running will be quite less probably around 8000 kms. So I am worried about the dsg in the long term say 8 yrs . maybe I am thinking a bit too much and getting worried. I am looking to get inputs from some fellow members owning tsi and who have done close to 80-90 k.

Gearheads Rule!!!

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by sparkls View Post
      You can go for cs sedans like xcent,aspire it will save some money. Ecosport is good in terms of safety like 6 airbags and esp.
      If you buy a vw go for gt polo.Have you tried ertiga, verna,ciaz?
      Hi sprkls. I am not looking for cs sedans and in Ecosport though the safety are unmatched I was really put off by rear seats and uninspiring engine.

Gearheads Rule!!!

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by Sugastian G View Post
      dear bhpistorqintorpm I have hereby attached the extended warranty price list of Volkswagen vehicles India. Source:Extended Warranty Service
      Thanks brother for the details on the ext warranty. It does looks promising.

“Driving is better than
      walking, because hitting is
      better than being hit.”

Awesome

1 VW Vento TSI Highline
      do compare this with other AT , My friend completed i think around 17K running and its still working like Gem , He is getting 20 kmpl+ for highway runs . Performance is awesome too , never feel like you are not getting power . I don't think current DSG has issues . Just do some back to back TD's - that will give you correct answer
      ----- Pushkaraj -----
      Bikes*** 1996 Kinetic Luna (sold ) , 2000 Bajaj scooter (sold ),2003 Black Hero Honda splendour (sold),2005 Blue Hero Honda Splendour (sold),2007 Hero Honda super Splendour ( sold )2009 Honda Activa ( using )
      Cars*** 2007 Ford Ikon Flair (sold ),2012 Grande Punto MJD E+ (sold),2014 Skoda Rapid TDI (using)

Gearheads Rule!!!

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by pushkaraj View Post
      do compare this with other AT , My friend completed i think around 17K running and its still working like Gem , He is getting 20 kmpl+ for highway runs . Performance is awesome too , never feel like you are not getting power . I don't think current DSG has issues . Just do some back to back TD's - that will give you correct answer
      Thanks Pushkaraj for the reassuring post. it is great to hear that ur friend is having a trouble free experience with the TSi. Also the fuel efficiency he is getting is unbelievable. Can u please let me know if he is facing the infamous jerking issue when shifting from D3 to D2. Also if there were any other niggles he encountered with the car.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information