I am waiting for the crysta innova, my relative says i should go for automatic. The reason he says are
1. There wont be clutch damage.Since the car will be chauffeur driven(2-3) he says manual will need clutch relacement as some drivers ride the clutch.
2. Automatic will offer highest safety features like 6 airbags.(not confirmed)
3. He says mileage will be same or even better as the vehicle shifts gears optimally.
My doubts are,
1. I read that brake pads need replacement often , is that so?
2.Even minor accidents can affect the auto gearbox?
3.Long term reliability , if i plan to keep it for 10 years, will it be reliable?
4. Like clutch replacement which is the costliest work in a manual car, does automatics have any such replacements?