• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Results 1 to 3 of 3

    Thread: Maintenance cost of automatics vs manual?

    1. #1

      not aware that he can set his status here!
       
      Awesome
       
      sparkls's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2013
      Location
      uss sulaco
      Posts
      1,279

      Maintenance cost of automatics vs manual?

      I am waiting for the crysta innova, my relative says i should go for automatic. The reason he says are


      1. There wont be clutch damage.Since the car will be chauffeur driven(2-3) he says manual will need clutch relacement as some drivers ride the clutch.

      2. Automatic will offer highest safety features like 6 airbags.(not confirmed)

      3. He says mileage will be same or even better as the vehicle shifts gears optimally.


      My doubts are,


      1. I read that brake pads need replacement often , is that so?

      2.Even minor accidents can affect the auto gearbox?

      3.Long term reliability , if i plan to keep it for 10 years, will it be reliable?

      4. Like clutch replacement which is the costliest work in a manual car, does automatics have any such replacements?

    2. #2

      Endodontist Here
       
      Awesome
       
      Sugastian G's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2015
      Location
      TN 84,Chennai,Tamil Nadu
      Posts
      222
      Quote Originally Posted by sparkls View Post
      I am waiting for the crysta innova, my relative says i should go for automatic. The reason he says are


      1. There wont be clutch damage.Since the car will be chauffeur driven(2-3) he says manual will need clutch relacement as some drivers ride the clutch.

      2. Automatic will offer highest safety features like 6 airbags.(not confirmed)

      3. He says mileage will be same or even better as the vehicle shifts gears optimally.


      My doubts are,


      1. I read that brake pads need replacement often , is that so?

      2.Even minor accidents can affect the auto gearbox?

      3.Long term reliability ?
      Sir Innova crysta looks more premium than its predecessor. The entire package looks very much refined in the crysta. As we know Innova is mainly used as the Taxi(of course used personally) they are long term reliable and must be with the crysta also. But coming to the gear box not sure if a minor accident can damage the gear box but if at all you get a problem with the auto transmission most probably to my knowledge the entire set has to be replaced for a hassle free ride quality. If you get a problem with the VW DSG the entire gearbox needs replacement which is around 1-1.5L. But in the Toyota case expecting it to be a little less than the VAG. if you buy why don't you opt for the ext.warranty the gear box must be covered under it. Even the most problematic DSG gearboxes are covers under warranty nowadays which were not covered by the VW before 2 years.

    3. #3
      Global Moderator
      At wits end with Safari's
      auto-correct!
       
      Awesome
       
      kb100's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Duffai!
      Posts
      5,988
      Blog Entries
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by sparkls View Post
      My doubts are,


      1. I read that brake pads need replacement often , is that so?
      Absolutely not.

      Quote Originally Posted by sparkls View Post
      2.Even minor accidents can affect the auto gearbox?
      Absolutely not. Anything accident that affects gearbox will affect either of them regardless.

      Quote Originally Posted by sparkls View Post
      3.Long term reliability , if i plan to keep it for 10 years, will it be reliable?
      90% of the cars sold in the world are automatics .... and they are all reliable. As of 2012 only 19% of all the cars sold in the US even came with a manual option!

      Quote Originally Posted by sparkls View Post
      4. Like clutch replacement which is the costliest work in a manual car, does automatics have any such replacements?
      Nope - Automatics do not have clutches... they have torque converters. Torque converters last way longer than clutches do.
      A closed mouth gathers no feet.

    Thread Information

    Users Browsing this Thread

    There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 20
      Last Post: 29th Mar 2017, 20:24
    2. Replies: 674
      Last Post: 17th Feb 2017, 15:04
    3. Replies: 1
      Last Post: 13th Jul 2016, 00:05
    4. Replies: 28
      Last Post: 13th Nov 2013, 00:49

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •