• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Collonite 845 vs Blackfire Crystal Seal

'13 HYUNDAI GRAND I10

Awesome

Collonite 845 vs Blackfire Crystal Seal

Apologising in advance if I am making any mistake as this is my 'THE VERY FIRST POST' on this forum.
      I have few queries regarding #detailing ; . Hope fordfan Guru keerthi Supernaut and other gurus can help me out here.

I have silver colour 2 year old hatchback which has clocked only 7k km. Most of the time it stands covered in stilt parking. There are very very few swirl marks on paint. The procedure that I have followed uptill now to detail my vechicle is -:
      1. Washing - Meg nxt gen shampoo.
      2. Polishing - Meg UP.
      3. Waxing - Meg nxt gen tech wax.
      4. LSP - Optimum car wax and Meg UQW 1 coat each.
      I have always hand polished the car as I dont have machine polisher and never used any kind of substance to compound.

So, I have following queries now -:
      1. After proper washing and claying can I apply Blackfire Crystal Seal paint sealant without the need of removing swirl marks? As I have read in some detailing article that if we don't remove swirl marks before applying sealant the dirt and grime will get locked in the imperfections of the paint FOREVER.

2. Collonite 845 vs Blackfire Crystal Seal 4oz
      Out of these two which one would you choose as both of these are sealants? Their prices are more or less the same. Which product has more durability and offers more protection?

Bangalore

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by apollo View Post
      So, I have following queries now -:
      1. After proper washing and claying can I apply Blackfire Crystal Seal paint sealant without the need of removing swirl marks? As I have read in some detailing article that if we don't remove swirl marks before applying sealant the dirt and grime will get locked in the imperfections of the paint FOREVER.

Out of these two which one would you choose as both of these are sealants? Their prices are more or less the same. Which product has more durability and offers more protection?

Hi apollo,

I know experts would chip in, but bear with me till then .

Sealant is a paint protection used to protect hard work of polishing & cutting. So, ideally a sealant is applied after proper polishing. However, I think there is no harm in applying sealant without polishing or removing swirls, only thing is, whenever you want to polish your car, you have to remove the sealant as polish cannot be applied over the sealant (if still exists). Sealants also have a shelf life which probably could be 6 months. So, its not true that the imperfections of the paint would get locked forever, if you seal without polishing.

Further, Collinite 845 is a wax and not a sealant. Wax is used as a LSP after applying sealant. Sealant is only a paint protection and may not give any gloss or slick feel to the car, which wax would give. You have to apply Collinite 845 after applying Blackfire Crystal Seal.

Regards,
      KK

driveclean.in

Awesome

Its a wrong assumption. Any sealant/wax will worn out after a period of time. so nothing is FOREVER

I go for C845. More durable and better wet look on paint. Most importantly VFM

Quote Originally Posted by KK_petrolpower View Post
      Wax is used as a LSP after applying sealant.
      AFAIK this is not needed. If you apply any polymer/synthetic sealant, there is no need for wax topup.
      If you really want to top up, better go for any spray wax like Optimum, Formula1 Premium, TechWax NXT, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by KK_petrolpower View Post
      Sealant is only a paint protection and may not give any gloss or slick feel to the car
      Really????

Bangalore

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by baranjil View Post

Really????
      I still believe so. Pure sealant will not give that glossy look which a wax can.

Say if you go for a pure sealant like PBW Ex-P, you have to top it up with wax. If you go for AIO sort of a product like PBW Ex sealant, then it contains wax in it and another wax product may not be required.

Let me know if my understanding is grossly incorrect.

KK

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

'13 HYUNDAI GRAND I10

Awesome

Further, Collinite 845 is a wax and not a sealant.

Regards,
      KK[/QUOTE]

Sir AFAIK collonite 845 is a synthetic wax which acts as a sealant only.

'13 HYUNDAI GRAND I10

Awesome

Sir does layering the coats of sealants and waxes minimises the chances of getting swirls on the paint?

driveclean.in

Awesome

Sir AFAIK collonite 845 is a synthetic wax which acts as a sealant only.
      I beg to differ...

C845 is hybrid carnuba wax. No synthetic.

Sir does layering the coats of sealants and waxes minimises the chances of getting swirls on the paint?
      Nope!

Sealants and waxes are protective objects and look enhancers. Not anti swirl or anti scratch.

'13 HYUNDAI GRAND I10

Awesome

baranjil Call me old school but I love carnuaba waxes. So can I top C845 or Blackfire CS with a coat of carnuaba and seal it with Optimum car wax/Meg UQW?

If yes then after applying C845/Blackfire CS for how much time I should wait before topping it up with a layer of carnuaba wax?

'13 HYUNDAI GRAND I10

Awesome

I had a quick chat with Sanjay from BB Impex regarding this matter and he suggested that as per Delhi's weather C476 is best. Both C845 and Blackfire CS can't withstand Delhi's weather. baranjil sir as there is not much of a diffrence in Chennai's and Delhi's weather except for the humidity do you agree with what Sanjay suggested?

Do or Do Not. There is no Try.

Awesome

I had a quick chat with Sanjay from BB Impex regarding this matter and he suggested that as per Delhi's weather C476 is best. Both C845 and Blackfire CS can't withstand Delhi's weather. baranjil sir as there is not much of a diffrence in Chennai's and Delhi's weather except for the humidity do you agree with what Sanjay suggested?
      apollo see my battle of waxes thread, this test was done in hot delhi weather and c845 failed within 1 month. The following is durability I see for the waxes I have

C845 - 1 month or less
      C915 - Same
      Formula 1 Premium Spray Wax - 1.5 months
      Waxpol Carnauba - 1-1.5 month
      Extreme Brilliant Shine Detailer - 1 month (never tested, just an idea)
      Proklear Spray Wax - Not tested durability

Some more waxes I forget.
      Some of my Threads:
      https://gearheads.in/showthread.php?24908-My-WOWA-Waterless-Wash-amp-Wax-Experiment
      http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?25158-Sunday-Detailing-my-Honda-Amaze
      http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?25582-The-Battle-of-Waxes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information