• Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help me to buy a c segment sedan

I don't drive fast, I drive
      YOUNG.

Awesome

Help me to buy a c segment sedan

hi frnds, I am planning to buy a c segment sedan(petrol) in next 6 month. budget is 10-11 lacs. I m very confused b/w honda city(petrol mt) and vento tsi. also considering upcoming rapid facelift. i real like german twins but afraid of their a.s.s. honda has brand image but it downgraded its quality. plz help me to find a good sedan.i heard a lot about honda petrol engine and vento tsi but dont have any clue about rapid 1.6 mpi petrol engine,plz do tell me if you know. also,if someone here driven these cars for some time then tell me ur experience with these cars.

O_o

Awesome

Ive owned a Vento Tdi earlier and the quality of the vehicle was good overall however I did not like the rear seats and the suspension was hard. I am not sure how this is on the petrol model, My guess is that it will be the same.
      Do take a look at the Hyundai verna 1.6 Petrol. we have that as well and it is a good vehicle to drive. it costed around 13L on road bangalore.

Being Tooner!

Awesome

hello Mayank.

what are your preferences?- space and comfort or power and dynamics?

*the TSI motor is quite a terrier of an engine and has been praised in the Polo and the vento- BUT, it is an AT(if you want an MT). good mix of low down and high end power- hats off to the germans. The whipcrack DSG(dual clutch AT) is quite sensational too. DSG takes the cake as it helps the motor to deliver ~17 kmpl.

*The 1.5 liter VTEC on the other hand, is the proverbial green thumb. ol' school SOHC VVT head and a lot of modern tech thrown in for efficiency and emissions- but it has VVT and VVT engines are known for their flat power delivery. the VTEC has its share of power- but it comes in HARD after the needle crosses 4500 RPM and the rest of the range is lifeless(though in the facelift honda attempted to fix this). The refinement is terrific and its hard to tell when the engine is on. The economy- equally great at 18.

Mods, please correct me if I am wrong. I do tend to get biased.

Make a choice.

MSW
      Celebrating the thrill of driving, one dent at a time

YOUNG.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
      Do take a look at the Hyundai verna 1.6 Petrol.
      I like design of verna but in most of review it is said that verna has poor handling. whats ur view on this? as car will be driven by me not Chauffeur driven so i need a car which handling should be good. good to know that you have vento. plz do tell me about problems faced by you till now. also tell me that can 3 person seat on rear seat comfortably?

Global Moderator
      At wits end with Safari's
      auto-correct!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Unless you drive like a formula driver there is nothing wrong with Verna's handling. On the contrary you will find it more comfortable on bad roads, bumps etc. In most C segment cars you can seat three people in the rear.

PS: Please capitalise yours sentences properly - will help.
      A closed mouth gathers no feet.

YOUNG.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by MSW View Post
      what are your preferences?- space and comfort or power and dynamics?
      actually i want a car which is the mixture of all thing you said above. i need space and comfort as most of the time 5 passenger needs to travel. dynamics should also be good bcoz the car will be self driven. MT or AT doesnt matter. as you said both vento and city has good engine thats why i m confused b/w these two.

Quote Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
      Unless you drive like a formula driver there is nothing wrong with Verna's handling.
      If thats the case then i will consider it too.
      Last edited by kb100; 2nd May 2016 at 16:59.

O_o

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Mayank Mani View Post
      so i need a car which handling should be good.
      In city traffic or the highways the max you will do is 40 kmph to 100 kmph that too for short runs respectively.

good to know that you have vento
      had. Sold now.

plz do tell me about problems faced by you till now
      Didnt face any problems except that the rear suspension was hard and seats were hard too. had backache in a 40 min drive.

also tell me that can 3 person seat on rear seat comfortably?
      see my comment above.

Being Tooner!

Awesome

actually i want a car which is the mixture of all thing you said above.
      you see Mayank, the problem is that companies either favour comfort or they favour handling.

look at these cars- Sunny, Scala and the Ciaz. all of these have spectacular space at the rear and are limo grade on terms of comfort but throw them around on a turn and you will know what they are suited for.

on the other hand cars like the Rapid, Vento and the Verna favor dynamics, but the german, swedish twins have a hard ride as Godfather said. But in terms of dynamics, these will run circles around the cars I mentioned above.

I agree with godfather with the verna- admitted that the steering is numb, and the body control is a wee bit less than mediocre- it is the car that fits the bill completely and might be the best compromise between comfort and dynamics. I have no idea whatsoever about the drivetrain though. maybe someone will be able to expand. For your current requirements though, I think you will love the verna(in red maybe?)

MSW
      Celebrating the thrill of driving, one dent at a time

YOUNG.

Awesome

So verna is a good competitor. I am adding this to my shortlist.Now hoping someone will give a brief insight about honda city.

No Commerce, Just Fun
      Not so cold winter days are
      here...

Secret

Now hoping someone will give a brief insight about honda city.
      i recently drove a Honda City VMT 2016 on a 1000 KM drive from BLR to Mumbai (total 1035 KMs) along with a friend. we did the trip in less than 12 hours journey time and about 3 breaks for dinner near tumkur, fuel+tea break at dharwad, another fuel+tea break at Khed Shivapur near Pune total about 2 hours plus. We started from Bangalore at 8:30 PM and reached Seepz Andheri by 8:30 AM.

The New City 2016 vs my 2009 ANHC, only difference i see is center console which includes a display screen, boot is bit smaller, the so called crumple zone is shortened, styling is changed bit, Honda Smile is different, car comes with alloy wheels.

In this trip, i touched 160 KMPH on expressway, as car was not mine and friend became anxious, I did not go up. I have driven my ANHC up to 200 KMPH couple of times. my regular speed range on highways is 90-130, i have never felt any handling issues. I may be biased as i have driven 170K in 7 years. you may find the details in my ownership thread here ANHC 2009: 165xxx KM on ODO

if you ask me Verna Vs City, i think, both are decent sedans, both sell well, service well. The younger ones (Gen Y) buy Hyundai more, bit older ones (Gen X) buy Honda more. I also have a hunch that Hyundai sells well in north India (compared to honda) and Honda sells well in south (compared to Hyundai) and in west both sell well. I do not have statistics yet, but this is my gut feel from the numbers and being a market watcher.

You may drive both and make the decision.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information