• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Help me to buy a c segment sedan

Up and Running

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Mayank Mani View Post
      hi frnds, I am planning to buy a c segment sedan(petrol) in next 6 month. budget is 10-11 lacs. I m very confused b/w honda city(petrol mt) and vento tsi. also considering upcoming rapid facelift. i real like german twins but afraid of their a.s.s. honda has brand image but it downgraded its quality. plz help me to find a good sedan.i heard a lot about honda petrol engine and vento tsi but dont have any clue about rapid 1.6 mpi petrol engine,plz do tell me if you know. also,if someone here driven these cars for some time then tell me ur experience with these cars.
      For 10 lakhs, i can readily recommend Scala. Can cruise at 140-160kmph without a problem. Never felt road grip as problem even at high speeds. Great legroom and comfort. Much better than vento/rapid or city. Huge trunk space as well. Much softer suspension. But, can take curves with relative ease than most other sedans. Swallows pot holes and bumps with ease. Much reliable and tested diesel engine. Very good aerodynamics. I find the wind noise above 120kmps is much lesser than dzire or vento. I never had to bump up my music volume as the wind noise hardly change above 120. Service is pretty cheap for me so far. I have done 25K. Cheaper than my previous swift dzire. Comes with alloy wheels, automatic climate control and most importantly twin air bags even in mid segment. On road is less than 10lacs even in bangalore where the road tax is perhaps highest in the country.

Cons..bit softer breaking. You need to get used to it.
      Running away from your problem is a race you will never win
      My Vision through Camera :- https://www.facebook.com/VisionThroughCamera

Cars are Life

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by matbhuvi View Post
      For 10 lakhs, i can readily recommend Scala. Can cruise at 140-160kmph without a problem. Never felt road grip as problem even at high speeds. Great legroom and comfort. Much better than vento/rapid or city. Huge trunk space as well. Much softer suspension. But, can take curves with relative ease than most other sedans. Swallows pot holes and bumps with ease. Much reliable and tested diesel engine. Very good aerodynamics. I find the wind noise above 120kmps is much lesser than dzire or vento. I never had to bump up my music volume as the wind noise hardly change above 120. Service is pretty cheap for me so far. I have done 25K. Cheaper than my previous swift dzire. Comes with alloy wheels, automatic climate control and most importantly twin air bags even in mid segment. On road is less than 10lacs even in bangalore where the road tax is perhaps highest in the country.

Cons..bit softer breaking. You need to get used to it.

Before I comment on your preference for a Scala, have you owned it? Or are the comments purely based on a test drive/ car magazine review?

Cars are Life

Hungry

Service is pretty cheap for me so far. I have done 25K. Cheaper than my previous swift dzire.
      Apologies. I completely missed this part. So you own the car?!

Allow me reply to your comment:

1. Can cruise at 140-160 kmph without a problem > The City/ Vento can cruise at the same speed with absolute no effort. In fact try and drive one of these cars at that speed and you will realize that the Scala drives like a 'boat'.

2. Never felt road grip as problem even at high speeds > I am not sure what you mean exactly. But trust me, the City handles the road like a leech.

3. Rear legroom and comfort. Much better than vento/ rapid or city > An absolute lie. The ride quality of a Vento is absolutely superb. In fact I always believed my City to be superb in this department. Where the City hits the nail are the best seats ever. The Scala/ Sunny have extremely poor seats. And the suspension is just about decent.

4. Huge trunk space as well > Not sure which one has the largest trunk, but the Vento/ City have huge trunks as well.

5. Much reliable and tested diesel engine > With the number of City/ Ventos running on our roads, I am sure their engines are being tested more in terms of numbers. And then I don't think any of the car has a more reliable engine. None of the modern cars ever face a blown engine.

6. Very good aerodynamics > Hahaha, dude come on. The Scala has good aero? Like how did you test that? Even I wanna test the aero efficiency of my City.

7. I find the wind noise above 120kmps is much lesser than dzire or vento > That is because you are comparing your Scala with another disaster of a car, the Dzire.

8. Service is pretty cheap for me so far. I have done 25K. Cheaper than my previous swift dzire > Again, that is because Maruti services are not cheap. It's a hoax. I have a Ritz and maintaining that car through the Maruti After Sales is an absolute burn on my wallet. I prefer to get it serviced from my local garage.

9. Comes with alloy wheels, automatic climate control and most importantly twin air bags even in mid segment. On road is less than 10lacs even in bangalore where the road tax is perhaps highest in the country > Not sure about the road tax part. I live in Bombay and always believed that the road tax here is the highest. Anyway I am not sure about this one. My City has alloy wheels, auto climate control (with a touch screen), reverse camera (with three different views), two airbags, ABS and more. It cost me INR 11.10 lakhs on road.

Something you are forgetting. The Honda City commands a premium in the used car market. So ten years from today, when you plan to sell your car... the City will still fetch you more than a few lakhs. Whereas the Scala will go for less than a lakh. And that too the buyer will hold the advantage in the negotiations.

Rest is up to you.

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by anand_h View Post
      Before I comment on your preference for a Scala, have you owned it? Or are the comments purely based on a test drive/ car magazine review?
      He owns one & its his daily drive. Is that sufficient ?

An absolute lie. The ride quality of a Vento is absolutely superb. In fact I always believed my City to be superb in this department. Where the City hits the nail are the best seats ever. The Scala/ Sunny have extremely poor seats. And the suspension is just about decent.
      What has rear leg room & space got to do with ride quality & handling ? Just because "your" City is superb doesn't mean that's the best out there.

And then I don't think any of the car has a more reliable engine.
      A reliable engine has a "lot" attached to it. The longetivity, reliability, efficiency & what not. Yes you're right there are no blown engines these days unlike the Daewoo Cielo we all know of. But the Fiat MJD which is being used in all Maruti, Tata, Fiat's own Diesel cars, Toyota D4D Diesel & Renault K9K DCi engine have their success stories written on rock almost.

Let this not be a Honda fan boy opinion. matbhuvi gave his opinion & you give your opinion. Don't have to pin point & counter to each & every opinion of his. Let the OP take the call.
      Last edited by Lvramanan; 6th Jul 2016 at 16:23.

Dream is not what you see when you sleep;dream is something that doesn't make you sleep - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.

Mahindra XUV 500
      Maruti Swift 1.3L VXi [SOLD]
      Maruti 800 Std [SOLD]
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio
      HH Splendour NXG [SOLD]
      Yamaha RX100 [SOLD]

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a vitamin dose

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Barring the ownership fact and natural personal preference for the car we've bought, I find it difficult from a neutral stand point that Scala is better than City!

Vento / Rapid / Verna (may be) can go head to head with Scala, but I still feel that city is slightly at a higher league than rest.

Car buying is such a subjective topic. Whats good for me may be an unwanted feature for someone else. Car capable of doing 140-160kmph is by no means a benchmark for me judge a car by any means. Service cost goes back to the fact of you finding a good service center. It may not, again, tie back to the brand you're buying.

Up and Running

Awesome

Rest is up to you.
      haha..you want bring me into a ring fight for Scala vs City...sorry..i am not that kind of guy
      Running away from your problem is a race you will never win
      My Vision through Camera :- https://www.facebook.com/VisionThroughCamera

Secret

Doesn't the OP want a PETROL car? The last 2 suggestions were for DIESEL cars?

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by laxminarayanans View Post
      Doesn't the OP want a PETROL car? The last 2 suggestions were for DIESEL cars?
      There's no harm in giving suggestions for Diesel cars if they're equally good & within the budget of OP.

Quote Originally Posted by rksingh1 View Post
      but I still feel that city is slightly at a higher league than rest.
      That's the myth with which Honda is counting their money happily. Their Petrol iVTEC engine is brilliant, absolutely no doubt about that. Their iDTEC can't stand a chance in front of the Hyundai's, Fiat's & German counterparts. Off late the build quality, Service costs have been going to dogs & Honda is keenly following Maruti's strategy, read Money.

Dream is not what you see when you sleep;dream is something that doesn't make you sleep - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.

Mahindra XUV 500
      Maruti Swift 1.3L VXi [SOLD]
      Maruti 800 Std [SOLD]
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio
      HH Splendour NXG [SOLD]
      Yamaha RX100 [SOLD]

Cars are Life

Hungry

I strongly believe the Honda City (not just mine) is leagues ahead of the Scala in every parameter and not just ride quality and handling.

Yes a reliable engine has a lot of attached parameters to it. But then commenting that a Renault engine is more reliable when compared to a Honda Vtec is something I fail to digest. That is wrong information being shared which is why I am being forced to pin point on every parameter.

I was never a Honda fanboy until recent when I experienced first hand as to just how much ahead their cars are from their direct competition.

Yes agreed. Inexpensive service with a fabulous resale for an absolute beauty of a car. What's more to debate.

Cars are Life

Hungry

haha..you want bring me into a ring fight for Scala vs City...sorry..i am not that kind of guy
      Naah, no ring fight. It wont be fair

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information