• Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New, used or continue with existing car

Karma has no menu, you get
      served what you deserve

Awesome

Sorry, I couldn't understand this.
      Sell your 'pampered' vehicle and buy another pre-owned vehicle. I'm sorry, I fail to understand the logic behind this. Your safari is just 5 years old and capable to deliver much more; why would you even choose another pre-abused vehicle. (Unless you are tired of maintaining your beast for its regular/reoccurring problem <if any>)

For New vehicle, I would have suggested you Duster AWD or XUV but again; the economic doesn't make any sense either. I go by the logic; 'dont fix it unless its broken'. Why replace unless you got an issue.

Keep munching mile; setup an example "thats how you maintain and pamper a vehicle"

Not on GH anymore!

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by roadracer View Post
      go with Duster AWD , if you cannot wait for Hexa. I think its worth waiting 6 months to see what happens and if the ban is lifted.
      I'm not a big fan of Duster, Iíve driven it couple of times, and it doesnít give SUV type feeling. It feels like youíre driving a regular hatch or sedan. But, the reason I might consider is due to AWD option. S-cross is much more fun to drive, but no AWD, sad.
      Hexa 4X4 will be over 16-17 lacs, and, Iíve got some big expenses lined up later this year (planning to buy a home), that why Iíve kept the budget for car around 11-12 lacs max.

Quote Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
      I would retain the Safari. Absolutely no reason to sell a used car to buy a lower rung used car. Once you are used to an SUV, its difficult to transition back into a car. There are just not enough benefits. The only reason I'd sell the Safari is if its got major issues and is spending more time in the garage than in your hand.. and repairing it is not economical.

Quote Originally Posted by metal_heart View Post
      Sorry, I couldn't understand this.
      Sell your 'pampered' vehicle and buy another pre-owned vehicle. I'm sorry, I fail to understand the logic behind this. Your safari is just 5 years old and capable to deliver much more; why would you even choose another pre-abused vehicle. (Unless you are tired of maintaining your beast for its regular/reoccurring problem <if any>)

For New vehicle, I would have suggested you Duster AWD or XUV but again; the economic doesn't make any sense either. I go by the logic; 'dont fix it unless its broken'. Why replace unless you got an issue.

Keep munching mile; setup an example "thats how you maintain and pamper a vehicle"
      Thanks, I agree with kb100, that's once you're used to an SUV, its difficult to transition back into a seadan and hatch, that's why selecting a car is getting difficult for me. I just don't enjoy driving sedan or hatch.

Ok, the reason I'm thinking of selling safari is

1. Itís over 5.5 years old and you cannot drive any diesel for more than 10 years. Currently, itís working in an excellent condition and getting decent value even with 146K Kms. I donít want to wait for any big repair expense.
      2. Iím kind of feeling bored driving same car for over 5 years, thatís why Iím looking for change.
      3. I do a lot of trips to the mountain during monsoon and winters (snow) and lot of times, Iíve turn back or struggle in due to slush and snow. So, thatís why 4X4 / AWD is my top priority. Thatís why Iím even considering Xenon XT, which has frickin Indicaís AC control on the dashboard.

Reason, Iím considering the used 4X4 Aria Pride, as it comes with

1. Itís the new Aria (2014 refresh) and donít have lot of KMs (43K) for a Diesel SUV. And, still in warranty till 2019 and Silver AMC.
      2. Car comes with 4X4 adaptra (terrain response system Ė torque on demand), ABS, ESP, traction control, 6 airbags, and what not. Even Strome VX donít have all these features.
      3. Itís in my budget

Still, Iíve not finalized anything, the only confusion is in too wait ban to be lifted and settle with one of the following options -

• New AWD Duster Ė I donít enjoy driving
      • Xenon XT Ė Awesome 4X4, but shitty interiors and not a really daily drive to work type of a car
      • Strome EX Ė Again settle with 4X2; as 4X4 is out of my budget

Canít think of any other option!

Cheers
      Anubhav
      My Flickr - www.flickr.com/photos/103602929@N08

:)

Awesome

pick this one.

Xenon XT Ė Awesome 4X4, but shitty interiors and not a really daily drive to work type of a car

its does not have the interiors, but it has all what you would want in a capable SUV and more
      I'm to be the one, I'm yet to become;
      yet uncertain,
      for these roads have no names and no destinations

burp!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Ironhide View Post
      Xenon XT – Awesome 4X4, but shitty interiors and not a really daily drive to work type of a car
      If you have shortlisted the Xenon, then you can also consider the Isuzu Dmax V Cross, right? Better interiors, better NVH, and a sexy vehicle also - and a mouth watering price too!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by PUGMARK View Post
      a mouth watering price too!
      I wont say it is mouth watering price. What I read, the price of 12.5 ex showroom is for barebone vehicle (not even music system). All other are accessories are close to 2L. That takes it more than Storme Vx pricing. And i believe Ironhide would pay some extra and buy Storme Vx 4x4 rather than the V-Cross.

4X4 Aria Pride
      If it coming from a known source, and has no known issues, it makes sense to get ARIA 4x4. Moreover it is in your budget.
      --------------------------------------------
      2002 Hero Honda CBZ
      2004 Maruti Alto Lx
      2011 Tata Indica Vista Aqua
      2015 Tata Safari Storme Vx 4x4

Coasting...

Awesome

Take the Aria - It's a nice & big vehicle, I drove one recently (thanks camchennai) and I really liked it.

Not on GH anymore!

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by speed79 View Post
      I wont say it is mouth watering price. What I read, the price of 12.5 ex showroom
      Xenon XT 4X4 is 10.9 Lacs Ex Showroom in Delhi.

I went to one of the Tata dealerships in Delhi to check the status of registration, as per them chances of ban removal are thin, and tata coming up with new engine in next 6 months are more thinner.

However, he offered me a brand new Varicor 400, 4X2 ( Nov 2015 make) for 13.3 lacs ex showroom (discount of over 80K). Dealer has 2 VX lying in his stockyard and he will help me getting the car registered in Harayana.

So, now a new confusion .. brand new 4X2 (slightly out of my budget ) or used 4X4 Aria.

Life is too short to enjoy

Hungry

So, now a new confusion .. brand new 4X2 (slightly out of my budget ) or used 4X4 Aria.
      Sir ,What about TUV300,the new 100 bhp version .I know that many may say about body .But the car is worth checking out .
      If you are interested in petrol then Hyundai Creta 1.6 S is available. Also Maruti Suzuki S-Cross Zeta 1.3, Maruti Suzuki S-Cross Delta 1.6,Maruti Suzuki S-Cross Alpha 1.3 and Maruti Suzuki S-Cross Zeta 1.6 are very well under 12-12.5 lakh .

Honda brv also seems a good contender .

Not on GH anymore!

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by AMG Style View Post
      Sir ,What about TUV300,the new 100 bhp version
      Are you serious buddy! Cannot even think of TUV, hate that car and not a big fan of Mahindra. Else, I've would've gone for 4X4 Scorpio S4, it is available with 1997 cc engine.

Quote Originally Posted by AMG Style View Post
      If you are interested in petrol then Hyundai Creta 1.6 S is available. Also Maruti Suzuki S-Cross Zeta 1.3, Maruti Suzuki S-Cross Delta 1.6,Maruti Suzuki S-Cross Alpha 1.3
      and Maruti Suzuki S-Cross Zeta 1.6 are very well under 12-12.5 lakh .
      None of these comes with 4X4.

Diesel VS Petrol !

Awesome

Reason, Iím considering the used 4X4 Aria Pride, as it comes with

Itís the new Aria (2014 refresh) and donít have lot of KMs (43K) for a Diesel SUV. And, still in warranty till 2019 and Silver AMC.
      Car comes with 4X4 adaptra (terrain response system Ė torque on demand), ABS, ESP, traction control, 6 airbags, and what not. Even Strome VX donít have all these features.
      Itís in my budget
      Makes a strong point for sure. And have driven camchennai s car extensively and its awesome. I think you've already made your decision. No new vehicle will be fully enjoyed by you given your conditions (delhi ban, budget ) so i think this is pretty sensible choice.

But have you tried checking for a slightly used Storme ? Considering the ban and tata resale it should be a good option for you in the second hand segment.
      '08 Suzuki Swift - 1.3 VXI - sold
      '13 Skoda Rapid TDI - 1.6 Code6'd - sold
      '11 Honda Civic - 1.8 VMT - FFE + Intake - sold
      '12 Hyundai Verna Fluidic - 1.4 VTVT
      '16 Hyundai Creta SX AT
      '16 Suzuki Alto K10 AMT VXI(o)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information