• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Global NCAP - ZERO STARS for Indian Cars in 2016 Crash Tests.

No Commerce, Just Fun
      New Year 2017

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Sparrow View Post
      I had put two examples,
      I think we are on the same page. consumers do not buy expensive vehicles in that many volumes. be it due to safety features or for that matter, bells and whistles.

So for ensuring that more consumers afford their cars, the price has to be lowered.

when i bought my ANHC in 2009, it did not had bells and whistles, but it was the first vehicle or segment first to have dual Airbags, ABS, EBD, many of my friends told me why i am buying this expensive (50-60K more at that time) Honda against Hyundai Verna which offered loads of features. At that time all on-line reviews cried "It is not VFM, HONDA is trying to rob indian customers". i valued safety more than bells and whistles. so i stayed with my choice and no regrets so far. Of Course, i never had an opportunity to crash it and find out.

Please go through the crash test results carried out on all the Indian cars so far for better information.
      Of course, when i am going to buy my next vehicle, i will do my research anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by rharish View Post
      This test provides some awareness to the buyer (if required) and a lesson that big and bulky car does not mean it is safe. Sometimes even cars which are built like thin sheets (Etios) are super safe!
      Yes, Do not go by the looks, look at test results or live examples : accident data.
      Last edited by Nomad; 18th May 2016 at 12:03.

Do or Do Not. There is no Try.

Awesome

Some of my Threads:
      https://gearheads.in/showthread.php?24908-My-WOWA-Waterless-Wash-amp-Wax-Experiment
      http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?25158-Sunday-Detailing-my-Honda-Amaze
      http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?25582-The-Battle-of-Waxes

Global Tolerator
      Searching...

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by coolash View Post
      Honda BRV more safe than Scorpio?

Honda BR-V gets 5-star rating in ASEAN NCAP crash test; India launch in May
      Thats ASEAN NCAP, not India bound GNCAP. If ASEAN NCAP has to be considered then Swift also scores 4 stars, equals to 4 stars of non ESC variant of BRV, but when Indian Swift is tested, it fails to score any rating. - Source

Let the BRV come in India and then let the Indian version go for tests, then only something can be said.

Awesome

Also, Honda City (the thin sheet metal car) got 5 star ratings in ASEAN NCAP
      Some of my Threads:
      https://gearheads.in/showthread.php?24908-My-WOWA-Waterless-Wash-amp-Wax-Experiment

Awesome

Ok then it comes down to testing methodology or difference in car quality? Does Honda also have different car quality for different zones?
      Some of my Threads:

Global Tolerator
      Searching...

Awesome

Ok then it comes down to testing methodology or difference in car quality? Does Honda also have different car quality for different zones?
      I won't comment on affairs at Honda India but maybe this article will make you aware of how the renowned companies have double standards across countries, even when the same vehicle is manufactured at same plant in one country:

"Ford India have made a whopping 300 changes in the EcoSport meant for Europe, as compared to the car sold in India. Nick Fitzgerald, the EcoSport’s chief program engineer, told AutoNews that the EcoSport for Europe is different in more than 300 parts from the car seen on Indian roads.

These 300 parts include much more than upgraded trim and plastic components. Even the body-in-white (term used for a car just after key components have been welded together) of the European EcoSport has a stronger structure than the Indian car, even though both specifications are manufactured at the same plant
      ."

India-made Ford EcoSport gets 300 different parts for Europe

Resident Visitor
      You ask any ricer, any serious
      ricer. It doesn't matter if
      the other guy is racing or
      not. A win is a win

Awesome

India is a country where safety is an alien word. No motorcyclist used to wear helmets until they were enforced by police. Majority of population still don't believe in using seat belts. It is only natural that manufacturers take this to their advantage and skimp on safety. In Europe, safety is part of the culture. You won't find a carpenter operating a saw without using safety gloves. It reflects in the cars as well.
      Jesus had a Honda.. John 12:49: 'For I did not speak of my own Accord'

2015 Maruti Alto K10 | 2012 Honda City | 2008 Skoda Octavia

2015 Pulsar RS200 | 2014 Yamaha RayZ | 2014 B'Twin

Life is too short to enjoy

Hungry

Also, Honda City (the thin sheet metal car) got 5 star ratings in ASEAN NCAP

Honda city will also get good rating . Indian forums criticized liva for the same and praised polo for its build quality .but when tested both got 4 stars .So please stop judging on the basis of it looks,sound .

Source -

Let the BRV come in India and then let the Indian version go for tests, then only something can be said.
      BRV has already being lauched in india and is being criticized for non touch screen head unit only .This is because of indian mentality of more features .

This more features game was started by Hyundai and rest followed the suit .

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by AMG Style View Post
      Honda city will also get good rating .
      Once can not say with surety until a made-in-India and made-for-India Honda City is crash tested by GNCAP. Etios passing tests does not mean all other will also pass. It all depends upon what the manufactruer has done for india specific car. Same applies for Amaze, BRV or for that matter any other car. Even Indica Vista got 3 star rating at ASEAN NCAP, but that does not say anything for india specific Vista. It applies to all manufacturers be it of any origin: Japanese, Indian, European or American. And we can not trust these auto companies. Case in point, dieselgate scandal by VW, fuel efficiency numbers by Mitshubishi, and latest one being Fuel efficiency number scandal from Maruti Suzuki.
      --------------------------------------------
      2002 Hero Honda CBZ
      2004 Maruti Alto Lx
      2011 Tata Indica Vista Aqua
      2015 Tata Safari Storme Vx 4x4

“Driving is better than
      walking, because hitting is
      better than being hit.”

Awesome

Consumer need to Push for safety , I don't buy unless its safe but seems that's least of a priority over looks/features/price.One of my friend who is buying is 4th car commented on when i told him not buy X car as it is failing safety - "Its safe enough for me , its safe as per indian standard" and i gave up on his car search... Just make me wonder it will take a lots and lots of money to educate Indian buyers on safety.
      ----- Pushkaraj -----
      Bikes*** 1996 Kinetic Luna (sold ) , 2000 Bajaj scooter (sold ),2003 Black Hero Honda splendour (sold),2005 Blue Hero Honda Splendour (sold),2007 Hero Honda super Splendour ( sold )2009 Honda Activa ( using )
      Cars*** 2007 Ford Ikon Flair (sold ),2012 Grande Punto MJD E+ (sold),2014 Skoda Rapid TDI (using)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information