• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Global NCAP - ZERO STARS for Indian Cars in 2016 Crash Tests.

Will it be easy ? NOPE. Is it
      worth it ? YUP.

Awesome

Well i guess TATA is doing a good job when we see Tiago as we get loads of features and above all option for airbags (driver and co passenger) XE onwards.
      Guys what do you think about TATA cars when it comes to safety? Probably doing better than Maruti and Hyundai isn't it ?

Global Tolerator
      Searching...

Awesome

This is how some of the Indian automobile manufacturers responded when their cars failed in the crash tests :

Maruti’s chairman, Mr. RC Bhargava, however questioned the standards set for Indian cars by an organization such as the Global NCAP. He said – “Why should we listen to them [Global NCAP]?”

A spokesperson for Mahindra said that approximately 75 percent of Scorpio customers choose the airbag variant of the vehicle, and that the non-airbag variant, which was used by Global NCAP for its crash test, was bound to perform poorly.

A Renault India spokesperson too said that the company’s products meet and “exceed” Indian regulations, but the company is welcoming increasing safety awareness and has technology to improve safety standards on all its products.

Maruti, Renault, Mahindra respond to Global NCAP's results

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
      Well i guess TATA is doing a good job when we see Tiago as we get loads of features and above all option for airbags (driver and co passenger) XE onwards.
      Guys what do you think about TATA cars when it comes to safety? Probably doing better than Maruti and Hyundai isn't it ?
      Can't say for any car until it is tested, whether Tata or others.
      --------------------------------------------
      2002 Hero Honda CBZ
      2004 Maruti Alto Lx
      2011 Tata Indica Vista Aqua
      2015 Tata Safari Storme Vx 4x4

worth it ? YUP.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Sparrow View Post
      Maruti’s chairman, Mr. RC Bhargava, however questioned the standards set for Indian cars by an organization such as the Global NCAP. He said – “Why should we listen to them [Global NCAP]?”
      After NCAP results and that fuel scandal of parent company, perhaps they should avoid making such irresponsible comments and should focus more on increasing the safety of their cars.

Global NCAP Fact Sheet for ALTO:-
      http://www.globalncap.org/wp-content...NO-Airbags.pdf

"ADULT OCCUPANT The protection offered to the driver head was poor due to the hard contact with the steering wheel
      and for this reason the star capping was applied. Also Diver’s neck received poor protection Driver’s chest protection
      was poor due to its high compression, Passenger’s chest protection was adequate. Both front passengers’ knees could
      impact with dangerous structures in the dashboard lie the Tran fascia tube. The bodyshell was rated as unstable.
      CHILD OCCUPANT The child seat for the 3 year old child was unable to prevent excessive forward movement during
      the impact. The dynamic performance of the child restraints was adequate. However, the installation instructions on
      both child seats were insufficient and not permanently attached to the seat. The recommended CRS did not show
      incompatibilities with the belt system on the vehicle. This vehicle was not equipped with a passenger airbag."
      Last edited by starlord; 19th May 2016 at 07:25.

worth it ? YUP.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by speed79 View Post
      Can't say for any car until it is tested, whether Tata or others.
      Would definitely wait for Global NCAP results specially for TATA cars. I have been hearing a lot from my friends and other forums about the sturdiness and safety of TATA. Lets see how good are TATA cars.

NANO didn't perform very well though, but was it intended to perform well, was it even made keeping security/safety in mind ?
      NCAP results:-http://www.globalncap.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/2014-Tata-Nano-NO-Airbags.pdf

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
      Would definitely wait for Global NCAP results specially for TATA cars. I have been hearing a lot from my friends and other forums about the sturdiness and safety of TATA. Lets see how good are TATA cars.
      Though Tata is said to be the only India manufacturer having its own crash facility, so "hopefully" they might do some diligence while designing their cars for their own crash tests, but if the results are known to public, there is no meaning of such tests.

When I was in process to buy Storme, I had asked Tata Motors about crash rating of Storme. But I got reply that we do not have the data to be shared for crash test. I waited for long, but finally bought Storme on "belief" that it being based on ARIA platform "should" have been made safer. While ARIA was supposed to get 4 or 5 stars, Storme should get some stars as well. Otherwise also, all other cars in my budget were untested, so I had to take the plunge to buy Storme, "trusting" Tata. We don't have any options for the crash test rated cars after all, and that is bad for the customers.
      --------------------------------------------
      2002 Hero Honda CBZ
      2004 Maruti Alto Lx
      2011 Tata Indica Vista Aqua
      2015 Tata Safari Storme Vx 4x4

Labor Omnia Vincit !

Awesome

Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) are U.S. federal regulations specifying design, construction, performance, and durability requirements for motor vehicles and regulated Automobile safety-related components, systems, and design features. They are the U.S. counterpart to the UN Regulations developed by the World Forum for Harmonization of Vehicle Regulations and recognized to varying degree by most countries except the United States.(Source:WIKI)
      This Law was enforced since late 1960s in USA and before that in USA too Automobile companies busy making money without providing any value in terms of safety.

India also needs strict enforcement of Automobile safety standards on manufacturers and also very strict law enforcement on roads which in turn would drastically reduce road kills. When we can have fuel which is of Euro IV norm then why can't we have cars of those standards.

ANCAP too does not recommend purchasing cars with less than 5 stars. [http://www.ancap.com.au/safety-ratings-explained]

Do or Do Not. There is no Try.

Awesome

I mailed Honda Cars and this is their response:

The Vehicle Body Shell is the most fundamental and integral aspect of car safety. All Honda cars sold in India, like any Honda car sold anywhere globally, have ACE (Advanced Compatibility Engineering) Body structure, which ensures structural rigidity and integrity of the body shell of the car, in case of collison. This ACE body is accomplished by using numerous grades of high tensile steel which crumple in key areas and remain rigid in others and in-turn distribute collison energy evenly and redirect it away from the passenger compartment.

Additional Safety equipment like Airbags etc are applied to comply with market's regulatory requirements and customers' preferences. We have been keenly following customer preferences which are governed by driving conditions and driving habits. Accordingly, Honda Cars India announced its Safety Direction in India, that from this fiscal year, every new Honda model, introduced in the market will come equipped with Dual SRS Airbags as standard, and by April 2017, our entire line-up will have Dual SRS airbags as standard equipment.
      Some of my Threads:
      https://gearheads.in/showthread.php?24908-My-WOWA-Waterless-Wash-amp-Wax-Experiment
      http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?25158-Sunday-Detailing-my-Honda-Amaze
      http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?25582-The-Battle-of-Waxes

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by coolash View Post
      I mailed Honda Cars and this is their response:
      Good to see that they're coming up with something sensible giving safety as a first priority unlike Maruti folks who argue that Airbags doesn't necessarily mean safety,etc. But do you guys know that Amaze & Brio are "made for Asia" & are not available in the US & Europe markets ? Does anyone know why ? I hear some statements that they're not fulfilling the stringent quality norms in those markets (both safety & emission) & hence they're meant only for Asian markets. Is that true ?

Dream is not what you see when you sleep;dream is something that doesn't make you sleep - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.

Mahindra XUV 500
      Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio

Do or Do Not. There is no Try.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Lvramanan View Post
      Good to see that they're coming up with something sensible giving safety as a first priority. But do you guys know that Amaze & Brio are "made for Asia" & are not available in the US & Europe markets ? Does anyone know why ? I hear some statements that they're not fulfilling the stringent quality norms in those markets (both safety & emission) & hence they're meant only for Asian markets. Is that true ?
      Another misconception about Honda, Amaze is sub 4 meter sedan and this kind of cars are not bought in European or US Market. Why Swift is sold in UK, but not Dzire?

PS: Looks like Honda City is more safe than Scorpio
      Some of my Threads:
      https://gearheads.in/showthread.php?24908-My-WOWA-Waterless-Wash-amp-Wax-Experiment
      http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?25158-Sunday-Detailing-my-Honda-Amaze
      http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?25582-The-Battle-of-Waxes

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information