• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Global NCAP - ZERO STARS for Indian Cars in 2016 Crash Tests.

Global Tolerator
      Searching...

Awesome

Here is a video explaining how a crash is going to impact the different body parts of the driver and the front passenger in these failed Indian cars:.

Sex is not the Answer. Sex is
      the Question. Yes is the
      Answer

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Sparrow View Post
      Here is a video explaining how a crash is going to impact the different body parts of the driver and the front passenger in these failed Indian cars:.
      Says nothing about safety in Indian cars when none of the cars had airbags. Are Indians drivers willing to pay for the airbags or rather spend money on fancy wheels and trim in their cars? Even a high end car without airbags would have got bad ratings if crash tested without airbags.

Do or Do Not. There is no Try.

Awesome

Indian the problem is awareness, not many people are aware about necessity of airbags. Consider this a few years back we didn't even used seat belts.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
      Some of my Threads:
      https://gearheads.in/showthread.php?24908-My-WOWA-Waterless-Wash-amp-Wax-Experiment
      http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?25158-Sunday-Detailing-my-Honda-Amaze
      http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?25582-The-Battle-of-Waxes

Sex is not the Answer. Sex is
      the Question. Yes is the
      Answer

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by coolash View Post
      the problem is awareness, not many people are aware about necessity of airbags.
      I agree much of the problem is awareness and not the 'failed' Indian cars. Still its not only that but the 'nothing will happen to me' attitude or too much faith in a god. They should just install airbags and raise the price of cars. This has been done in the EU for years and now nobody will buy a car without airbags.
      I have faith in my airbags and not some god.

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

Indian, it has to come from top to bottom & also bottom to top. Neither the top (Government) has stringent rules to enforce safety of people travelling in the car so that it will be unanimously followed by the manufacturers & the bottom (people) tend to buy them, nor the bottom (people) wish to spend the extra money on the cars with safety features as they consider mileage & efficiency more than anything else

When I was purchasing car for my sister, the sales representative from a top most car manufacturer pushed for a car without Airbag saying "it would set aside 80K more for the variant with a Airbag & if at any accidents happen it would cost you minimum 60K to fix a blown air bag, why do you waste money", he asked. He also told "In city traffic you're not going to go above 40 kmph & at that speed you're not going to hit anyone and if at all you hit it won't open the air bag as the impact will be minimal, so why do you need a air bag ?" I asked what if some moron driving at 100 kmph & comes head on & hits me when I'm standing still in a signal. He exclaims, saar why do you think like that saar, it won't happen like that. That's how 99% of the sales is happening.

Whether we own a 4L worth car of 50L worth car, the first question people ask on seeing the owner is, how much mileage does this car give before anything else.

The change has to happen on both sides as I said.

Dream is not what you see when you sleep;dream is something that doesn't make you sleep - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.

Mahindra XUV 500
      Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio

Global Tolerator
      Searching...

Awesome

Tata Zest, 2 airbag model gets 4 star in Global NCAP crash test.

Dual airbag variant:

Non-airbag variant:

Tata Zest achieves four-star Global NCAP safety rating - autoX
      Last edited by Jack Sparrow; 17th Nov 2016 at 17:28.

GT Power!!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Sparrow View Post
      Tata Zest, 2 airbag model gets 4 star in Global NCAP crash test.

Dual airbag variant:

Non-airbag variant:

Tata Zest achieves four-star Global NCAP safety rating - autoX
      Yes it is really hartening to know an Indian manufacturer stepping up and not only making safe cars but also acting quickly on the feedback to make changes to structural integrity changes. (Even though the structural integrity is still "Unstable" and can't take further loading)

See how inadequate the seat belt was at 64 kph. Re-inforces how important the airbags were. It is high time all manufacturers gave Airbags as standard. With Airbags about to be made mandatory next year, they better start now.

Also an important point about structural integrity. The NCAP says structural integirty is mandatory for even airbag to work. High time we made Indian NCAP and standard and unless it passes a minimum criteria, the car should n't even be given the green signal for production

Reminds me of an incident that just happened in the parking lot. To move in between the gap of my Polo and another Swift DZire, I pressed my hands against both of them for support, while the Polo seemed like a wall, the sheet metal on the DZire just caved in and came back up when I released my hand. Now, sheet metal thickness is not the be all and end all, and no offence to DZire owners, but if a simple palm press can deform the sheet metal, well I felt much safer in my Polo.

Another day I caught my Polo's handle and Cruze's handle for support. Polo's handle seemed like I could hang from it. But teh Cruze's handle seemed like it would fall off. Sure my car is heavier than its competition by a good 200 kg, and if it was 900 kg instead of 1140 kg, it could have been as fast as an Abarth , or could corner like the Brio. But I would take crash safety anyday. Take it from a guy who is still suffering from a crash that happened 4 years ago

High time we and manufacturers put safety before fuel economy. 1-2 kpl should n't cost you, your life. Sorry if I my post sounded offensive.
      Last edited by rageshgr; 18th Nov 2016 at 11:09.
      Thanks,
      Ragesh G R
      ---------------------------------------
      2015 Volkswagen Polo GT TSI
      2014 TVS Wego
      2007 Hyundai Santro Xing XL AT
      2002 TVS Scooty
      1989 Kawasaki Bajaj KB 100 RTZ

Global Tolerator
      Searching...

Awesome

It would be interesting to see how Tiago performs in the crash test since that is a completely new car made by Tata, after take over of JLR. Fit and finishes are also much better than any of the Tata car cam out in the market till now. If Tiago succeeds then it will be only worthy option in the <5 lakh segment from safety point of view.

What can we expect from the tests conducted so far?

Maruti : All the cars which were tested have failed.
      Hyundai : Eon, i10, Grand i10 were tested and all of them failed.
      Mahindra : Scorpio was tested and failed.
      Tata: Nano and Zest were tested. Zest does well, Nano fails but then that is the cheapest car exists in the market and still didn't crumble as badly as how the likes of Eon, Datsun Go, Kwid, Alto etc crumbled.

Global Tolerator
      Searching...

Awesome

Chevrolet Enjoy and Ford Figo Aspire crash tested, receive 0 and 3 start respectively.

Crash test video of Aspire:

Crash test video of Enjoy:

Hun 2die4

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Car and bike .com should have shown the driver on RHS.
      The condition of the front tyre of the Enjoy is scary.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread Information