• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wavex APC/Degreaser

GT Power!!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by coolash View Post
      I bought samples from Wavex.in its wax, tyre guard, PLVR (plastic leather vinyl rubber) cleaner and Carpet & Upholstery cleaner. I have used its carnauba wax and given my review earlier. I have used its Tyre Shine and find it good, non sling, good shine and good durability, much more durability than 3m water based one I have. I recently used its Carpet & Upholstery cleaner to clean my microfibre seats and it was really good, foamed up on the seat and cleaned very well (much better than LOC, which I tried on another part of the seat).

So overall I recommend their tyre guard and Carpet & Upholstery cleaner, find them good.

PS: I used bergmann hurricane vacuum as extractor and I was amazed, another good addition to my detailing kit

PPS: most of their products are available on amazon also.
      Seems you have tried many wavex products. Any idea how it stacks up against Proklear? Wavex seems be cheaper though
      Thanks,
      Ragesh G R
      ---------------------------------------
      2015 Volkswagen Polo GT TSI
      2014 TVS Wego
      2007 Hyundai Santro Xing XL AT
      2002 TVS Scooty
      1989 Kawasaki Bajaj KB 100 RTZ

Life's Boring !!!

Awesome

Chandigarh (Paradise) - Indrapuram (Vertical Slum)
      Quote Originally Posted by rageshgr View Post
      Seems you have tried many wavex products. Any idea how it stacks up against Proklear? Wavex seems be cheaper though
      I would not like to start a argument here but I usually do not go for wax which is not durable. I need to do lot of prep work (washing, drying, polish applicaton etc) before applying wax as I apply it only once in three months so I would like it to be very durable. I have full bottle of Proklear lying with me. Applied it only once but din't find it to be durable. Others might have other opinion.

GT Power!!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by back2u4u View Post
      I would not like to start a argument here but I usually do not go for wax which is not durable. I need to do lot of prep work (washing, drying, polish applicaton etc) before applying wax as I apply it only once in three months so I would like it to be very durable. I have full bottle of Proklear lying with me. Applied it only once but din't find it to be durable. Others might have other opinion.
      Thanks. Which Proklear product?
      Thanks,
      Ragesh G R
      2014 TVS Wego
      2002 TVS Scooty

Life's Boring !!!

Awesome

Which Proklear product?
      https://paytm.com/shop/p/proklear-sx...2%7Cproduction

GT Power!!

Awesome

Ah interesting. I was about to try this one. So what wax do you use?

Another interesting thing. Paytm says MRP is 499 and sale price is 299 = 40% discount, but Amazon says MRP is 699 and sale price is 299 = 57% discount. One of the listing is citing wrong MRP
      Thanks,
      Ragesh G R
      2014 TVS Wego
      2002 TVS Scooty

Life's Boring !!!

Awesome

So what wax do you use?
      I have 3 different waxes. Depending upon the weather conditions I utilize one. In summers I prefer Optimum Car Wax (OCW) as it is just apply and wipe (Can't do too much muscle power bcause of heat). Very durable. In winters I usually go for C845. Again very durable and easily lasts 2+ months and it also has very good cleaning property. Also have Meguiar's M21 Mirror Glaze Synthetic Sealant 2.0. At times I do apply it just for change.

As for best value for money it is OCW because of ease of use, Durability and Cost all taken into account.

Do or Do Not. There is no Try.

Awesome

The wavex products I used are not competing with the PROKLEAR products I used. I use PROKLEAR CX for daily rinse-less and have not used wavex waterless wash so can't compare. In terms of pricing PROKLEAR CX is very VFM

I used PROKLEAR Spray Wax and find it good for spray wax. Very VFM, haven't check durability, but in my tests most carnauba based waxes don't last more than 1 month in summers. Atleast it is very easy to use, so use multiple times as its quite VFM. The shining or carnauba look is good with this wax. Also, since its water based it won't effect whatever is below it when layering as compared to a solvent heavy wax.

Regarding Wavex I have used the following products

Carnauba Wax: Liquid wax, nothing much to say about, an average product not excellent
      Tyre Dresser: Really Good, good shine, last long around 1 month, much better than 3M one I have
      Carpet & Upholstry Cleaner: This one is good, I used to to clean my MF car seats as well as my fibre laptop bag and it cleaned both quite well. Just spray, agitate with brush and wipe with MF to remove excess. Gets rid of stains easily. Also, even if it is used more still its very VFM. I tested it against Amway LOC and it did work better on upholstry
      PLVR: Their APC, haven't used it

So overall, I find their products very VFM and recommend their Upholstry & Carpet Cleaner and Tyre Dresser.

Regarding Wax, I am no longer fan of carnauba waxes and I think carnauba waxes are overrated. I have bought Soft99 Fusso 12 and would be the next thing I try but waiting to get time to polish and then apply.
      Some of my Threads:
      https://gearheads.in/showthread.php?24908-My-WOWA-Waterless-Wash-amp-Wax-Experiment
      http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?25158-Sunday-Detailing-my-Honda-Amaze
      http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?25582-The-Battle-of-Waxes

GT Power!!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by coolash View Post
      The wavex products I used are not competing with the PROKLEAR products I used. I use PROKLEAR CX for daily rinse-less and have not used wavex waterless wash so can't compare. In terms of pricing PROKLEAR CX is very VFM

I used PROKLEAR Spray Wax and find it good for spray wax. Very VFM, haven't check durability, but in my tests most carnauba based waxes don't last more than 1 month in summers. Atleast it is very easy to use, so use multiple times as its quite VFM. The shining or carnauba look is good with this wax. Also, since its water based it won't effect whatever is below it when layering as compared to a solvent heavy wax.

Regarding Wavex I have used the following products

Carnauba Wax: Liquid wax, nothing much to say about, an average product not excellent
      Tyre Dresser: Really Good, good shine, last long around 1 month, much better than 3M one I have
      Carpet & Upholstry Cleaner: This one is good, I used to to clean my MF car seats as well as my fibre laptop bag and it cleaned both quite well. Just spray, agitate with brush and wipe with MF to remove excess. Gets rid of stains easily. Also, even if it is used more still its very VFM. I tested it against Amway LOC and it did work better on upholstry
      PLVR: Their APC, haven't used it

So overall, I find their products very VFM and recommend their Upholstry & Carpet Cleaner and Tyre Dresser.

Regarding Wax, I am no longer fan of carnauba waxes and I think carnauba waxes are overrated. I have bought Soft99 Fusso 12 and would be the next thing I try but waiting to get time to polish and then apply.
      Thanks a lot coolash for your detailed reply. Is their tyre dresser rinseless? as in you spray and it just vanishes?
      Thanks,
      Ragesh G R
      2014 TVS Wego
      2002 TVS Scooty

Do or Do Not. There is no Try.

Awesome

Thanks a lot coolash for your detailed reply. Is their tyre dresser rinseless? as in you spray and it just vanishes?
      It does not come in spray bottle. I just dispense it on applicator and apply, haven't used it on spray form. I never use tyre dressing in spray form to avoid over spray, always apply using applicator. It does not sling.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
      Some of my Threads:
      https://gearheads.in/showthread.php?24908-My-WOWA-Waterless-Wash-amp-Wax-Experiment
      http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?25158-Sunday-Detailing-my-Honda-Amaze
      http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?25582-The-Battle-of-Waxes

Trying to learn automotive
      maintainance

Awesome

Guys, Did you use degreaser to clean engine bay ? If yes, can we take up this task without flushing water into engine bay ?

I am thinking of the following procedure to clean the engine bay. ( I know that I may not be able to do every nook and cranny)

1) Clean the engine bay section-wise with a dry cloth.

2) Mix the wavex degreaser with correct parts of water and pour it into spray bottle. Spray carefully at the engine parts.

3) Clean it with a cloth.

How does this sound ? I fear to spray any kind of water into engine bay, as it may damage few sensitive parts / short electrical & electronic connections.

Please pour your expert advises on this subject. Thanks much.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information