• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vitara Brezza Speaker Upgrade!

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Vitara Brezza Speaker Upgrade!

Hello everyone,

I bought a Vitara Brezza ZDi+ last month. I am happy with the car. But, I cannot say the same about the speakers.

I listen to RnB, Hip-Hop, Reggae, Jazz and some classics too. I am looking to upgrade them. I do not want to swap the headunit that came with the car. It is pretty decent. No band equaliser settings though. It has only got BASS, TREBLE, FADE and BALANCE settings.

I have been visiting quite a few audio installers for opinions. Most of them were just trying to loot. But, the last one I visited sounded genuine and suggested me a setup.
      Focal ISS 165 components for the front, Focal ISC 165 for the rear, Hertz HE4 amplifier (4 channel), STP damping for all the doors. I insisted on damping as I want to kill some road noise. I do not want to install a subwoofer at the moment. I am riddled on where to place one, as the boot space is very limited in Vitara Brezza.

I was quoted 37100 rupees. It includes all the wiring, rings and labour charges.

Can you experts write up on this setup? Please, feel free to chime in any changes to the setup.

Thank you very much. 😊
      Last edited by krishease; 26th May 2016 at 08:44. Reason: Misspelled!

Audio Banned

Awesome

These are basic of Focal speakers and will be much better than the OE speakers. Hertz will have enough juice to drive these. Damping is good and will reduce road noise and also improve midbass performance. I cant comment on the pricing though.

Enjoy the setup and do post some pics.

I have seen quite a few installers not installing fuse near the battery. Ensure that is done. Insist on minimum 8 awg wiring for both power and ground connections. Also take care that the power line and the speaker/high level/RCA lines are laid at the opposite sides of the car to minimise any chance of electrical interference.
      ICE, 4-way active - Eclipse CD7200mkii Head Unit, Ref. MX cables, Kenwood KOS-300, Two Pioneer GM-X944 4-channel amps, Dayton Reference 7 inch midbass, Dayton 4 inch reference midrange and Dayton AMT Tweeters, Infinity Kappa 10 inch subwoofer
      Home Audio, 3-way active - Dune Media Player, Parasound DAC, Behringer 32-band equalizer, DBX 3-way analogue crossover, Dayton Audio 3-way tower speakers.

Awesome

Heya gkannan! I see. I found the ISS 165 to be good as the store had it in one of their display cars. The installer also suggested another set of focal components. 165 AS for 16,000. I have not given that a listen though. How good are they?

Thank you very much for the tips about the wiring. I will make sure everything stays in order as you have suggested. And sure, I will post pics of the whole setup process and the final result.

Global Moderator
      At wits end with Safari's
      auto-correct!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by krishease View Post
      The installer also suggested another set of focal components. 165 AS for 16,000. I have not given that a listen though. How good are they?
      NEVER go by opinions other than your own - sound is highly subjective. Listen to all the speakers that fit your budget, and then decide. Tagging mclaren1885
      A closed mouth gathers no feet.

Awesome

I get it, kb100. So, obviously just because one set is expensive than the other does not mean that my ears will be swayed, eh? I will go request to hear more varieties available within my budget. Thank you, kb100. =)
      Regardless, do you have any recommendations? Say, within 20,000 - 22,000 rupees for both components and coaxial ones?
      Sadly, shops in here do not have a wide array of demo sets to exhibit. Hence my request to you.

Global Moderator
      At wits end with Safari's
      auto-correct!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Regardless, do you have any recommendations?
      That is why I have tagged our resident ICE guru mclaren1885 - he or other ICE experts will be along presently to help guide you reg what your options are (you can then check local availability yourself)
      A closed mouth gathers no feet.

Awesome

That is very kind of you, kb100. I will wait on mclaren1885 and others for their input. Thank you again. =)

"Omelette du
      fromage"

Awesome

STP damping for all the doors
      If you are interested ...
      Stp damping - i-silver antirust - 10 sheets - 40 sqft
      Ford Figo TDCi ZXI May '12 | Hyundai Accent CRDi Nov '05 | Honda Unicorn Mar '10 | Hero Honda Passion Sept '02

Support Donkey
      Turbo Lag - Giving the NA guys
      just 1 extra second of false
      hope :p

Awesome

The Focal ISS series are usually meant to be a replacement set for stock speakers, personally I don't think they sound good. For the same money, there are much better options in the market.

If you want to spend on Focal try the AC or AS series at the very least.

Hertz HE4 and HE1D have massive tripping issues, so if you're from a hot city like Coimbatore I'd avoid them like plague.

South India also has massive amounts of fake Focal and Infinity stock along with Kicker. So please ensure that you buy from an "Authorised Dealer" of whatever brand you are going with.

Personally, if you want good sound, you got to change the HU. We haven't done a Brezza install yet, but I'm quite certain the dash kits should already be available in the market. We haven't come across a single, decent OEM HU from Maruti that we've liked and have wanted to retain. Is yours the top end model along with the Car play HU?

Also a music system without a sub will be like having a full South Indian meals without an accompanying vegetable dish that adds that missing flavour. Pick a 10" sub that doesn't need more than 0.6cuft space and it should serve you well. There is plenty of space for a 10" sub there. When you are travelling long distance, just remove the subwoofer and leave it at home.

I can help you figure out who the authorised dealers are for some of the good brands in Coimbatore. Just send me a PM or what's app me on 8762801414 and I'll send you a list of dealers who you should approach and will have genuine stuff.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
      2002 Tata Indica DLS.
      2004 Suzuki Zen - A G13B eater.
      2005 Suzuki Baleno - India's fastest Naturally Aspirated Baleno timed on a drag strip officially!
      2008 Suzuki Swift VDi - The Rattle King.
      2011 Chevrolet Cruze - A monster in the making.
      2016 Ford Ecosport 1.5 TDCi Titanium - The SQ Machine in the making.
      2014 MOC SQ Pro Champions.
      Harmonixx Audio Inc - Importers for Audiofrog & Zapco.
      Dealers for Rainbow/Mosconi/Dynaudio/Micro Precision/Audible Physics/AIV/Morel/Flux/PHD/Gladen/Focal/Rockford Fosgate/Dampmat/E4 Damping and more.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by alexshom View Post
      Thank you, alexshom. =) I will decide on the speaker setup and go for the damping sheets.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information