• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Booked Crysta Z Automatic. Need guidance on buying process

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Exclamation Booked Crysta Z Automatic. Need guidance on buying process

Booked crysta z auto without my knowledge. The car will be chauffeur driven. In south tamil nadu automatics are a rarity except for the exotics.

I think manual is good as 2-3 paid drivers will be driving this car. All are the usual indica/tavera driving guys. The reason for choosing z auto was the orange interiors and lesser noise compared to z manual. I was waiting for hexa and thought these guys were not going to buy crysta . Today they say they booked a z auto. These people with zero knowledge of cars are telling how automatic is best compared to manual.

MY question and problem is

1. Is automatic easy to adopt, for a cabbie?

2. even if our regular driver adopts auto, sometimes he sends a alternate guy due to sickness etc. Wont it be difficult for the new guy with no experience to adopt , even if he adopts how he manages the car in a emergency is questionable, wont it?

3. Ownership cost, reliability of z auto.

Should i go with auto or change the booking to manual?

P.S. I really hate the vehicle for the price it is sold.

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a vitamin dose

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by sparkls View Post
      The car will be chauffeur driven
      I don't see much of a reason for you to get an auto vehicle if it is going to chauffeur driven all the time. Had you be getting for youself to drive, we would have contemplated getting an auto.

Drivers are by default well trained on manual cars anyway and not on automotatics!

Global Moderator
      At wits end with Safari's
      auto-correct!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by sparkls View Post
      3. Ownership cost, reliability of z auto.
      Wont take long to learn - pretty easy to adapt... and no clutch and flywheel jobs on an automatic. Much more reliable - very difficult to abuse/lug etc. Overall much better for the engine - it will operate only within design parameters.

Buy the auto! I would!
      A closed mouth gathers no feet.

Awesome

Well my experience with automatic isn't very good ,we had an accord automatic 2.4 2006 model ,the car developed some snag last year ,what happened actually was that the car started to miss certain gear shifts soon the car wont move at all it was like pressing the race pedal on neutral on thorough check up it was found that gearbox was bust and needed replacement or overhaul , Now the issue was there arent too many experts that can overhaul the automatic gear and those who do dont claim to give any assurance or warranty on the same (was quoted for about 70k to 90k) for the repairs. Now had it been a manual ,simple replacement of pressure and clutch plate would have done the job..
      I do understand that technology has changed a lot since 2006 but these are just my 2 cents...

Cars are Life

Hungry

Neither. I would rather buy a Lodgy and save a ton of moolah

You are buying an automatic for the orange interiors and better sound insulation? Just get seat covers from Stanley for your manual Innova.
      Also could you please describe a bit as to how does the automatic have better sound insulation?!

PS: Who booked the Innova without your knowledge?

Awesome

It is for my parents and it is they who are going to pay for it. I just have to choose the car. Matters related to finance and news about hexa made me drop the idea of buying a crysta. But couple of days back my father visited toyota showroom and had a td , actually was just chauffeured in both z manual and z automatic . He booked the z auto, reason he said was the interiors, manual's shaky gears and he said NVH was better than manual.

I visited the showroom during launch but did not do a TD due to unavailability of demo cars.
      I have to do a td in this week and should see how much it is true. Also tbp review says that NVH of auto is better than manual.

I feel automatic is ok. Kb100 has made some good points.

Traxx--Problem in a 2006 car is ok, cars develop as they age.60k is equal to the cost of a new clutch in manual.
      Last edited by sparkls; 27th Jun 2016 at 02:22.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by anand_h View Post
      Neither. I would rather buy a Lodgy and save a ton of moolah
      Crash test report of lodgy was bad , so dropped the idea even before launch.

Cars are Life

Hungry

A shaky gear shouldn't matter as long as your dad wouldn't be driving.

What news about Hexa made you stay away from it?

Maybe, just maybe, he felt the NVH in the automatic to be better because of the orange interiors that he loved so much. You know... good interiors makes one feel better. Because I doubt that there is any difference in the NVH. Anyway as long as he finds the NVH to be better, that's what that matters!

Honestly I don't see a manual gearbox being ruined by a driver. He wouldn't be able to drive a manual in second or third all day.
      An automatic is an unnecessary luxury being spent for the driver's comfort. Probably you could pay him lesser (to recover the automatic option), kidding

To sum it up, if the automatic makes him happier, let him buy it. Else he would repent it everyday. It's easy for me to voice my opinion on what is correct for him. But I will not be living with that decision.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by anand_h View Post
      What news about Hexa made you stay away from it?
      What i was trying to say was, news about hexa launch in july ,made me to wait for hexa TD before booking a crysta.

Awesome

Did TD of only manual as automatic was not available today. Have to do a td of auto tomorrow.

1. The steering is very hard at slow speeds. Strictly not for self driving people that too in a city.

2. The shaky gear is annoying but not annoying enough to drive you crazy.

3. The car moves like its default speed is 100kmph, without much work the car was at 100, but very stable.

4. Noise from tyre or engine was a constant hummm.

5.Switching lanes suddenly at 100 was very stable , i went out of the road( just the left wheels) and climbed back at some 60 kmph, it was still stable and not bouncy.

6.Braking too is good.

7. Eco mode is painful to drive, power mode is a lot better .

8. Gear is normal, but seems getting a auto will make more sense.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information