• Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ICE-Land v6.0 -- The Retrograde Install

ICE Apprentice
      Walter White of ICE

Awesome

Thank you for all the appreciation everyone

The setup has been working perfectly with no issues anywhere in the chain. This has even lead me to wonder if I should even risk changing the Pioneer F60BT to the Clarion. It would mean adding a DSP remote and Optical cable and also loosing the option of using rear fills in the future.

Wheareas right now I have all the usable sources, RCA cables, option to power the rear fills in future and overall just a very good sounding setup that is easy to use for everyone in the family.

All thanks to the careful installation done by monty9991 and his staff there is zero noise or whine or weird chinese noises in the signal chain anywhere and a clean analog signal is enough for any high end setup in my experience.

99% I will retain the F60BT since it's also one of the last of the good sounding Pioneer 2-din units before the quality took a dump

Anyhow, moving on to the speakers

Mid-Bass : The first gen RAM6A are doing the mid-bass duty here. Though they do not play as high as the newer RAM638, they do a kickass job as a dedicated mid bass with clear lows and attacking mids with no excessive power requirement.

I had them on sale but realized I was doing them injustice by selling them for such a low price whereas they are capable of giving the big guns a run for their money

The RAM6A were mounted on the existing mdf rings that were crafted by Saggu Ji at Innovative Solutions Inc almost 2 years ago and are still holding up like rocks. Complimented again by installation methods that monty9991 paaji ensured were followed to my requirements, there is strong base already in place for almost any 6.5" mid bass

The RAM6A are working from 75Hz 24dB LR to 400Hz 24dB LR

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180214_163734.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	3.57 MB 
ID:	230319

Mid-Range : The ever so coveted NZ3AlBe, that are one of the absolute wide band speakers in it's category are doing the mid-range duty in this setup. I had almost decided on doing a tweeter-less setup here but being a large cabin, ample space in pillars and already having the tweeters, I decided for the 3-way route.

Name:	IMG_4900.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	230321

Name:	IMG_4902.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	230320

Name:	IMG_0790.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	225.0 KB 
ID:	230322

These are currently working from 400Hz 24dB LR to 6.3Khz 24dB LR. The integration with the RAM6A is spot on and possibly the easiest I've had the chance of doing. The bass kicks sounds exactly on the dash and has the texture and sharpness that I look for.

Tweeters : For the highs I have the T1 tweeters in Silver variant. piyush7243 was kind enough to get me possibly the only pair in Silver in his stock and the build quality is phenomenal to say the least. I hindsight I think the Black variant would have looked more stealth but I absolutely love the way the Silver contrasts against the cone color.

The installation dimensions are quite standard as well so quite easy to work with.

While these are excellent 2-way tweeters and I do realize I am doing them injustice using them as a 3-way tweeter crossed over at 6.3Khz 24dB LR HPF, they are doing a stellar job mating beautifully with the NZ3AlBe and dishing out the most detailed highs I have come across in a long time.

Name:	20170725_162814.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	3.78 MB 
ID:	230323

The fiberglass work was outsourced to ramie2400 paaji over at Sound Factor who was gracious enough to carry the pods with him to Amritsar on his way to Delhi

Him and his team did a stellar job of making sure that all my requirements are taken care of. Aesthetics and Practicality were my top two concerns. I was also thinking of using the 4" RG100 mid range but decided to use the NZ3AlBe to ensure the pods are non obtrusive to maximum extent while also looking pleasing to look at.

Ramie paaji ticked off all those boxes perfectly and finished the pillars off with non reflective 4-way stretch suede material

I asked for XT60 connectors to be soldered to the speakers so that I can use those as quick connect and disconnect.

Name:	20180208_004029.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	3.75 MB 
ID:	230324

Name:	20180214_172515.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	3.56 MB 
ID:	230325

Name:	20180214_175347.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	3.13 MB 
ID:	230326

Name:	20180214_182028.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	3.50 MB 
ID:	230328

The installation was a breeze after soldering the XT60 connectors in the cables going to the amplifier. Pillars snapped into place as easily as OEM ones.

Again as per my requirement the pods were made to be on axis with vertical arrangement of the T1 and NZ3AlBe

Apologies for the picture rotation issue :/
      It's the best way to dump money and spend an inordinate amount of time...because all debts are paid when the hairs on the back of your neck stand straight up and goosebumps cover your arms, because the sound is SO good. - Scott Buwalda

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Thanks for using AP drivers Karan. The FG looks awesome and drool worthy. Rammie paaji did a great job.

Which sub are you planning to use. Also try 70@24db with them after break in. They will so good there as well unless you don't want too much air movement inside doors.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
      Clarion NX-706| Biketronics BT4180 | Sinfoni Allegro | Soundigital 1200.1 | Audible Physics Brahma6W | Audible Physics NZ3AlBe | Morel Ultimo | Klotz 12ga LY225t| Mogami RCA| Pure Silver RCA

People asking for status
      update

Awesome

Love the pillars Karan. Absolutely mind blowing. Great work there by Ramie. I too need to get a set of Rapid pillars to him for the AF mids and tweets.

ICE Apprentice
      Walter White of ICE

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by piyush7243 View Post
      Thanks for using AP drivers Karan. The FG looks awesome and drool worthy. Rammie paaji did a great job.
      The AP drivers absolutely one of the highest rated for in terms of performance to price ratio so it was almost a no brainer to use them really Thumbs up to Ramie paaji and his team for sure

Also try 70@24db with them after break in. They will so good there as well unless you don't want too much air movement inside doors.
      I intended to use 70Hz only but in my excitement and tuning after quite a while, I dragged the cursor just a tad bit and ended up at 75Hz

Which sub are you planning to use.
      It will hopefully be the AudioFrog GS12D4 in a fiberglass enclosure. I'll be handing over that headache to mclaren1885 Ultimately this setup will have been made complete by contribution from all the best installers on Gearheads
      It's the best way to dump money and spend an inordinate amount of time...because all debts are paid when the hairs on the back of your neck stand straight up and goosebumps cover your arms, because the sound is SO good. - Scott Buwalda

Car + Audio + Bike = Sane Life
      !

Awesome

Many Congratulations Karan for the setup with brilliant set of drivers - I can see from the short video you have posted that they are sounding truly divine in the car.

I think this would be one of the very few setups which are using AP NZ's and T1 tweeters together or probably the only one in India - after experiencing NZ's myself I cannot fathom to imagine how this combination must be sounding in your car in person, but I am sure it would be an absolute killer for the highs giving you all the details possible and may end up giving the listener (new one especially) goosebumps.

With the addition of sub this would end up being on a whole new level in terms of sound quality - cheers and have fun.

Pio
      80PRS | AP Brahma6W | AP NZ3AlBe | Biketronics BT4180 | Focal 33v2 | RockFord T1000-1bdcp | MiniDSP 8x12 |Custom RCA's | 0 AWG Pure Copper

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information