• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ICE for Grandi10

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

ICE for Grandi10

Hello Everyone,

Recently I bought my first car, a grand i10 magna. As magna model does not have any audio system in it, I have to install an ICE. I have shortlisted the following :

Head Unit : Sony Bluetooth Touch XAV-630BT 55 x 4 W RMS
      Front Speakers : Polk DB 6501 ( 6.5 ) Componenets 100 W RMS
      Rear Speakers : Polk DB 651 ( Coaxial ) 75 W RMS
      Amplifier : Pioneer GM D8604 4 Channel Bridgeable
      SubWoofer : Pioneer TS - WX305B ( 350 W RMS )

I am planning to power the front speakers and subwoofer with amplifier and rear with head unit. Is this set up correct ? Please let me know :

1. Better alternatives to the above ( HU, F/R Speakers, Amp/S-Woofer )
      2. Best way to setup the entire system ( best way to channelize the power to speakers ).

One Dealer suggested Focal 165 IS for Polk DB 6501. Although I have never heard any of them.

Please recommend Delhi based good car ICE dealers .

Thanks and regards

Cloud 9

Awesome

Hi

Congratulations for your first car.

Instead of Sony HU, look for HU from Pioneer/Kenwood. These HU have hiVolt Pre-Outs (4v-6v) whereas Sony have only 2V. The DAC in Pioneer/Kenwood are much better than Sony(my personal opinion).

Regarding Components, if your budget allows,you can also go for Rainbow Dreamline series. They are more laid-back and have neutral sound signature.

For Sub, Pioneer are SPL type. More sound outside than inside car. For Sound Quality(SQ) sound, look for Hertz/Gladen M-Line/Rainbow. 10inch Sub is enough for Grand i10.

Also you need Damping for front doors and boot door to avoid rattling and road noise. Go for Dampmat brand.

Wiring kit/RCA for amp and speakers from AIV/Scosche/Rockford Fosgate are good.

In Delhi, "Driven" is the dealer having good installers.

Regards

ICE..and BOTTAL

Awesome

mv_delhi_85 go to Moti Bagh for Audio, motoconceptz , Aman does awesome jobs for good VFM and has good contacts for all right range speakers from Bull Audio to Rainbow Speakers to Dyn and list goes on.
      Has good installers, got mine done with MotoConceptz and after rigiorous driving thru bad terrains, tyre burst no complaints on install.

Go for Pioneer with carplay integration you will love it.
      Grand i10 is awesome peppy vehicle!

For wiring kit, Rockford Fosgate is one of THE BEST anad with 0 Guage wiring it be amazing.

Another word of advice, since the battery is small get a FARAD 2 or above for Subwoofer will ensure no drain on your battery much.

If you got budget go for Rainbow or Mosconi Amps and pair with nice Dyns you would love them
      Perfection is impression
      -----------------------------
      i10 Kappa VW POLO 1.5 TDI 2014
      RF T500-1||RF Punch 2 Series SW 10''||
      Dynaudio 342 Series 3 way||P6350 BT||Hifiman HM602||Mosconi AS100.4||Mosconi AS 200.4||Mosconi DSP 6To8||Tchernov Cable||VDH Cable||iPaul DM-2000||Morel Ultimo 12''||Headunit - F60BT||Micro-Precisions 7 3way||Dynaudio 242 Series 2 way||

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by HarrySi View Post
      Hi

Congratulations for your first car.

Instead of Sony HU, look for HU from Pioneer/Kenwood. These HU have hiVolt Pre-Outs (4v-6v) whereas Sony have only 2V. The DAC in Pioneer/Kenwood are much better than Sony(my personal opinion).

Regarding Components, if your budget allows,you can also go for Rainbow Dreamline series. They are more laid-back and have neutral sound signature.

For Sub, Pioneer are SPL type. More sound outside than inside car. For Sound Quality(SQ) sound, look for Hertz/Gladen M-Line/Rainbow. 10inch Sub is enough for Grand i10.

Also you need Damping for front doors and boot door to avoid rattling and road noise. Go for Dampmat brand.

Wiring kit/RCA for amp and speakers from AIV/Scosche/Rockford Fosgate are good.

In Delhi, "Driven" is the dealer having good installers.

Regards
      Hi,

Thank you Harry.

Between 2/4 V, how much difference does it make in terms of output and actual level / quality of sound ? What's the price range of rainbow series ?

Thanks for rest of the information, I will enquire and look for an audition before finalizing the build.

Regards

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Tj seera View Post
      mv_delhi_85 go to Moti Bagh for Audio, motoconceptz , Aman does awesome jobs for good VFM and has good contacts for all right range speakers from Bull Audio to Rainbow Speakers to Dyn and list goes on.
      Has good installers, got mine done with MotoConceptz and after rigiorous driving thru bad terrains, tyre burst no complaints on install.

Go for Pioneer with carplay integration you will love it.
      Grand i10 is awesome peppy vehicle!

For wiring kit, Rockford Fosgate is one of THE BEST anad with 0 Guage wiring it be amazing.

Another word of advice, since the battery is small get a FARAD 2 or above for Subwoofer will ensure no drain on your battery much.

If you got budget go for Rainbow or Mosconi Amps and pair with nice Dyns you would love them
      How is Rockford fosgate as a brand for everything ? ( for amplifier, components woofer etc. ) . Yesterday I was able to get an audition for R1 10" subwoofer ( enclosure ) and it had this quality tight punchy bass unlike my friend's muddy pioneer subwoofer's bass. I will try for an audition of Rainbow comps/amps. How is Kicker for components and Pioneer's bullet series ?

Regards.

ICE..and BOTTAL

Awesome

Rf is good for sub for sure. However check other brands too. You need more of sql than spl.
      For i10 since light body even r10 be enough.
      For amps :
      Dont go for prime series.
      For mono amp you can get good for power series thats t series and a t500 should be enough at 4ohms for your requirement.
      For speakers you would not enjoy much. Look in sales section here there are quite good deal of used speakers in excellent condition which would prove to be far better.

Also even amps you can go for used ones. There is no harm.
      Perfection is impression
      -----------------------------
      i10 Kappa VW POLO 1.5 TDI 2014
      RF T500-1||RF Punch 2 Series SW 10''||
      Dynaudio 342 Series 3 way||P6350 BT||Hifiman HM602||Mosconi AS100.4||Mosconi AS 200.4||Mosconi DSP 6To8||Tchernov Cable||VDH Cable||iPaul DM-2000||Morel Ultimo 12''||Headunit - F60BT||Micro-Precisions 7 3way||Dynaudio 242 Series 2 way||

waiting

Secret

hi mv_delhi_85

please specify your budget ? i think that will also help all of us to guide you

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by NIRDESH_KUMAR View Post
      hi mv_delhi_85

please specify your budget ? i think that will also help all of us to guide you
      Hi Nirdesh Budget I am keeping around 35-40K. I was out of town so missed everything here. I got your PM, I will let you know if your offer still stands. I can't reply because it says my post count is low .Thanks.

Yesterday I listened to a friend's component speakers ( front door only ), they sounded clear and that's about it, no heaviness in music, no clear thump bass, I could feel the cancel effect from the two speakers. And same day I listened to rear tray 6 x 9 speakers ( Pioneer ), ( dust cheap ), and they sounded so good , bass was heavy and it was filling the car far far better than the front component system alone.

So should I invest in better tray oval speakers ( maybe polk or pioneer's bullet series ) and keep average components in front door for sound staging and stereo effect ?
      Last edited by mv_delhi_85; 6th Aug 2016 at 09:50.

waiting

Secret

keep average components in front door for sound staging and stereo effect ?[/QUOTE]
      Do audition some more, will give you more option and idea about the sound signature , may be the system that you heard was not properly tuned or etc ..
      if your car is self driven so no need to invest for the rear speakers, save that money for better front component speakers .
      your budget is decent , you can try
      HU-pioneer,kenwood,jvc
      speakers front only- try rainbow, dls , dd
      Amplifier- any 4 channel bridgeable (power two channel for component and rest bridge two channel and drive your sub woofer)
      wiring kit-4 gauge (aiv, stinger)
      damping -front and boot
      speaker wire

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by NIRDESH_KUMAR View Post
      keep average components in front door for sound staging and stereo effect ?
      Do audition some more, will give you more option and idea about the sound signature , may be the system that you heard was not properly tuned or etc ..
      if your car is self driven so no need to invest for the rear speakers, save that money for better front component speakers .
      your budget is decent , you can try
      HU-pioneer,kenwood,jvc
      speakers front only- try rainbow, dls , dd
      Amplifier- any 4 channel bridgeable (power two channel for component and rest bridge two channel and drive your sub woofer)
      wiring kit-4 gauge (aiv, stinger)
      damping -front and boot
      speaker wire
      Hi Nirdesh,

I have shortlisted :

2 Sets of Pioneer Components : CS600IN ( 60W RMS )
      SONY 630 BT Touch Head Unit : 3 PRE OUTS
      1 Pioneer woofer 305 B : 350W RMS
      1 Pioneer Amplifier : D8604 . 100 w X 4 RMS ( 4 OHMS ), 300 W x 2 ( Bridged ) @ 4 Ohms
      Focal 4 guage wiring.

Planning to feed the woofer with 300w RMS from Amp and rest 300 w to all 4 component speakers.

Installation is due on Tuesday. Will update once done.

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information