• Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions Needed : Unable to finalise car

2013 Figo

Awesome

Suggestions Needed : Unable to finalise car

Hello All gearheads,

Myself Sreenesh. Am new to the forum and this is my first post. Am in a dilemma on my second car purchase and need your help. I bought my first ford figo petrol 3 yrs back when I did not have any proper knowledge in cars and just selected randomly. I did not even knew about PDI's. However It was good deal, but now i feel the car is very much under-powered and featureless. However am right now selecting my second car since planning to give the figo to my dad. I wont be calling myself an expert but now am very well versed in this area thanks to reviews, KTs and ardent reading of forums. Based on these i have finally rounded off 3 cars. I know the final decision is mine, but still I need valuable suggestions from all you experts on this choice. Please suggest me so that I can think from your angle as well. Below are the ones I rounded off.

Ford Ecosport 1.5 TDCI Titanium 10.5 L on-road with some accessories. Good performance but lacks features
      Hyundai elite i20 CRDI Asta(O) 10 L on-road with a lot of negotiations Awesome features but OK performance
      Polo TDI Highline 9.8 L on-road with few discounts Good features and performance OK

Do or Do Not. There is no Try.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by sreenesh View Post
      Ford Ecosport 1.5 TDCI Titanium 10.5 L on-road with some accessories. Good performance but lacks features
      Hyundai elite i20 CRDI Asta(O) 10 L on-road with a lot of negotiations Awesome features but OK performance
      Polo TDI Highline 9.8 L on-road with few discounts Good features and performance OK
      So you want to start a fan war here lol. Welcome to the forums.

The best way would be to tell more about what you want in a car, what is your driving habits, expected mileage per month, would it be city use or mixed use, and if you want to ICE or Remap it later etc. etc.

The more info you give the better suggestions you will get.
      Some of my Threads:
      https://gearheads.in/showthread.php?24908-My-WOWA-Waterless-Wash-amp-Wax-Experiment
      http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?25158-Sunday-Detailing-my-Honda-Amaze
      http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?25582-The-Battle-of-Waxes

"Omelette du
      fromage"

Awesome

Welcome to GH sreenesh

Please suggest me
      Listing out our priorities would help others to suggest accordingly. I see you are looking for performance & features. How about other stuff like space, comfort, ground clearance, maintenance etc.? City or highway drives mostly?

ord Ecosport 1.5 TDCI Titanium 10.5 L on-road with some accessories. Good performance but lacks features
      Performance based on your TDs? If you haven't done TDs yet , please do.
      Ford Figo TDCi ZXI May '12 | Hyundai Accent CRDi Nov '05 | Honda Unicorn Mar '10 | Hero Honda Passion Sept '02

No Commerce, Just Fun
      New Year 2017

Secret

Without knowing you, your requirements and preferences, let me state my opinion on these vehicles.

This is a natural evolution if you want to stay with FORD. mclaren1885 has recently purchased similar one. he had posted his ownership report as well, you can read an understand more. you can also discuss with him about his first hand impressions if you wish so.

This is the car if you like refinement and functionality more than performance. This will give you a young Uncle image. You may forget about your after sales related worries for some time.

i think megazoid owns one of these O's. You can read his ownership report as well. he is not very active now a days, try sending a PM to him, he may respond.
      I have often seen many polo drives driving very aggressively on highways. Polo is the second car after Swift, that probably injects a "I am now a race driver" feeling among the owners/drivers.
      I have read that rear cabin is small and not for 5 adults, i have also read about lack of leg space, probably written by tall people, if true, i would be surprised as it is designed by Germans, who are often considered tall and heavy built as a stereotype.

Best is to test drive them yourself and buy one which is liked by you. Also take the regulars (people who often travel with you in your car) with you, listen to their opinion and make a decision yourself.

Global Tolerator
      Searching...

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by coolash View Post
      So you want to start a fan war here lol.
      Fiat and Honda, which are necessary elements to ignite a fan war are missing in his list.

2013 Figo

Awesome

Thanks alexshom, Jack Sparrow, coolash and Nomad.

Apologies for not giving the required info as I again new to these forums and just learning. Anyways here are a few details.

1. SPACE : Is not at all an issue as mostly it will be my wife, me and kid using frequently and rare usage of rear seats. Else Polo would not have been in my list.
      2. DRIVING HABITS : A little bit aggressive driving style, not that am a racer kind but always keep up with the pace. Yes in highways I really need that power.
      3. MILEAGE : I know with the driving style I should expect much but again a little over 16kmpl in highways and probably 14kmpl in cities would do. Am I over requesting.
      4. GROUND CLEARANCE : anything above 150mm is fine.
      5. MAINT: I have seen all the ASS's of the most brands and have a fair idea. So would not be contemplating.

Have TD'ed all of them and found polo to be the best in handling and performance, in case I turn a blind eye towards high seating and clean refined engine which I am not able to do. I know its totally i fault wherein i have to hear to my heart and take the call. But wanted some free and fair ideas from the fraternity as well since you guys are the real experts in this. However please keep the ideas flowing in.

And and and, ---- yes I am definitely planning to get the ECU re-mapped whatever the vehicle I choose.

Meeshakaran Madaiah

Awesome

Blog Entries
      A young dynamic guy like you should own a Polo. It has the go with the looks. The service is nothing to worry about. Nothing much goes wrong with these cars and is uncomplicated machinery. So, I think you can mash that right foot in, turn up the volume and enjoy the car. Its a nice car for a small family.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by megazoid View Post
      A young dynamic guy like you should own a Polo. It has the go with the looks. The service is nothing to worry about. Nothing much goes wrong with these cars and is uncomplicated machinery. So, I think you can mash that right foot in, turn up the volume and enjoy the car. Its a nice car for a small family.
      Here comes one Fanboy

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
      Some of my Threads:
      https://gearheads.in/showthread.php?24908-My-WOWA-Waterless-Wash-amp-Wax-Experiment

Global Tolerator
      Searching...

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by coolash View Post
      Here comes one Fanboy
      How? I didn't even see mention of Apple in that post, which is third impotent element to ignite fanboy war. If you find that post fan-boyish then please care to write few more words to counter it than the four you wrote.

Megazoid is one respected person here who has owned lot of cars in the past and as far as I know, he has experience of driving them in the way which many of us don't even do in video games. He is one person who won't hide any negative about the car, which he didn't in his above post and specifically mentioned "small family" since the Polo doesn't have enough rear seat space to accommodate long height adults.

If you find the suggested car is not appropriate for the OP then you should come up with your suggestions.
      Last edited by Jack Sparrow; 26th Jul 2016 at 22:19.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Sparrow View Post
      How? I didn't even see mention of Apple in that post, which is third impotent element to ignite fanboy war. If you find that post fan-boyish then please care to write few more words to counter it than the four you wrote.

Megazoid is one respected person here who has owned lot of cars in the past and as far as I know, he has experience of driving them in the way which many of us don't even do in video games. He is one person who won't hide any negative about the car, which he didn't in his above post and specifically mentioned "small family" since the Polo doesn't have enough rear seat space to accommodate long height adults.
      Forgot to add lol or pun intended after the comment, read with that attached

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
      Some of my Threads:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information