• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suggestions Needed : Unable to finalise car

Hun 2die4

Awesome

Blog Entries
      I think you should include the Ford Aspire Diesel on the list. The top model with all the six airbags and the most powerful engine in its class makes it a super deal. You can also get loyalty bonus from Ford. You can compare the 0-100 figures if you wish!
      Why walk when you can run?

'16 VW Ameo TDI

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by muztariq View Post
      I think you should include the Ford Aspire Diesel on the list. The top model with all the six airbags and the most powerful engine in its class makes it a super deal. You can also get loyalty bonus from Ford. You can compare the 0-100 figures if you wish!
      yes did a TD on that as well. Superb thrust and low level torque. But somehow don't know I am not at all fan of sub 4m sedans. No offence owners.

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

sreenesh, if I were you for the requirments you had put I would pick these with these reasons mentioned in this order.

1) Hyundai i20 Diesel - Stylish & good looks, Powerful (will put a smile on your face when you step on the A pedal especially on highways capable of keeping up good speeds), good for a family of 4 or 5, Mileage depends on your driving & yes if driven correctly it can churn out the numbers you expect, Have very good ASS support & options in Chennai, Your lookout on options to remap hence Diesel suggestion. NA (Naturally Aspirated) Petrol's not much can be done with a remap.

2) Ford Figo Diesel - Decent Looks, Powerful, Fun to Drive, Good for family 4 or 5, same on mileage (depends on your driving style), Decent ASS coverage (Not close to Maruti to Hyundai but not as bad as VW or Skoda & the likes), Not a sub 4 meter category like the Aspire but a proper Hatch & has good potential remap

3) Polo TDI Diesel - Decent Looks, the new 1.5L D motor is a lot capable, Good for 2 adults & 2 kids, mileage (same as above), Worst ASS attitude, coverage & support (Abra & Sundaram are the only 2 options in Chennai of which one is worst & another is bad no where close to Maruti or Hyundai), Have good remap potential.

4) Renault Pulse (Potent dCi Renault engine, Decent looker, Good remap potential, Average to Moderate ASS coverage, Proven Engine & bad or Spongy brakes)

5) Swift (Overpriced & Dated Maruti product, Nothing home to talk about, good proven engine, looks subjective, Good ASS coverage, Costly Labour of Maruti, Good remap potential, can seat 4 to 5 decently)

If I'm asked to pick one of the list as my personal choice, I would pick Figo as its a newest kid in the block & its fun to drive car.

Note, Hyundai will loose to Figo on the handling department & may attract the masses but not the corner craving enthusiasts.

Dream is not what you see when you sleep;dream is something that doesn't make you sleep - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.

Mahindra XUV 500
      Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio

'16 VW Ameo TDI

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Lvramanan View Post
      sreenesh, if I were you for the requirments you had put I would pick these with these reasons mentioned in this order.

1) Hyundai i20 Diesel - Stylish & good looks, Powerful (will put a smile on your face when you step on the A pedal especially on highways capable of keeping up good speeds), good for a family of 4 or 5, Mileage depends on your driving & yes if driven correctly it can churn out the numbers you expect, Have very good ASS support & options in Chennai, Your lookout on options to remap hence Diesel suggestion. NA (Naturally Aspirated) Petrol's not much can be done with a remap.

2) Ford Figo Diesel - Decent Looks, Powerful, Fun to Drive, Good for family 4 or 5, same on mileage (depends on your driving style), Decent ASS coverage (Not close to Maruti to Hyundai but not as bad as VW or Skoda & the likes), Not a sub 4 meter category like the Aspire but a proper Hatch & has good potential remap

3) Polo TDI Diesel - Decent Looks, the new 1.5L D motor is a lot capable, Good for 2 adults & 2 kids, mileage (same as above), Worst ASS attitude, coverage & support (Abra & Sundaram are the only 2 options in Chennai of which one is worst & another is bad no where close to Maruti or Hyundai), Have good remap potential.

4) Renault Pulse (Potent dCi Renault engine, Decent looker, Good remap potential, Average to Moderate ASS coverage, Proven Engine & bad or Spongy brakes)

5) Swift (Overpriced & Dated Maruti product, Nothing home to talk about, good proven engine, looks subjective, Good ASS coverage, Costly Labour of Maruti, Good remap potential, can seat 4 to 5 decently)

If I'm asked to pick one of the list as my personal choice, I would pick Figo as its a newest kid in the block & its fun to drive car.

Note, Hyundai will loose to Figo on the handling department & may attract the masses but not the corner craving enthusiasts.
      That was a superb and detailed advise. Thanks buddy again.

Ok all. Have finally nailed the product. Its the elite i20 Asta CRDI. Booking this weekend. I unable to justify all the reasons behind this but did it. Also will speak to code 6 and if all agreed the car will directly drive to them to get it remapped.

Endodontist Here

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Lvramanan View Post
      (Abra & Sundaram are the only 2 options in Chennai
      Lvramanan sir there is one more dealership at Anna Nagar right how about them???

'16 VW Ameo TDI

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Sugastian G View Post
      Lvramanan sir there is one more dealership at Anna Nagar right how about them???
      Yes that's the KUN . And the story with him is also the same. However I have recently heard that VW has now completely revised their A.S.S and customers relationship to give better satisfaction. It says they hav learnt their mistakes and now filling them all. Is this true?

"It's not just a keel and
      a hull and sails; that's what
      a ship needs. Not what a ship
      is. What the Black Pearl
      really is, is
      freedom"��

Awesome

Hi Sreenesh,

Advance wishes for your new buy. Do enjoy the car first, specially Asta (O) to its full capability before deciding on a re-map. Reasons are simple, let the engines tell you if they are under-powered for the ones you think you need only when you use. if Yes then do, else steer away, as Asta under the hood has a devil.

cheers
      jay
      " The Power of Flight Lies in the Mind that has Wings "

GT Power!!

Awesome

Since you are ok with stretching to 10.5 L and you like Polo the most, consider the Polo GT TDI. The torquey-est hatch in India . Everything that a Polo TDI HL offers + more power and better (black) interiors for that special X factor and exclusiveness. AFAIK it is even rarer than a GT TSI. Of course if you are planning to remap the normal TDI then GT TDI might be almost redundant here.
      Speaking of fast diesels, and since you dont like Compact Sedans, try the new Figo. It is the fastest hatch in India now (0-100). (Apart from the Punto Abarth). But then again you already had a Figo. But you want something new, But check it out nevertheless

Ah! Just read your last post. All the best with the i20
      Thanks,
      Ragesh G R
      ---------------------------------------
      2015 Volkswagen Polo GT TSI
      2014 TVS Wego
      2007 Hyundai Santro Xing XL AT
      2002 TVS Scooty
      1989 Kawasaki Bajaj KB 100 RTZ

I'm all about sharing the road
      with other drivers—as
      long as they use the part
      that's behind me.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by sreenesh View Post
      elite i20 Asta CRDI
      Congrtas sreenesh .. Elite i20 is a Good car which got looks,features and enough grunt under hood. The only thing you will miss is the steering feedback and handling as you coming from figo. But that doiesnt mean i20 handles bad, its good comfortable feature loaded car. I had the same dilemma to go for elite i20 or polo TDi a year before and i went ahead with polo GT TDI as i got some good discounts and loved the polo more for its dynamics and that flat bottom steering wheel
      VW POLO GT TDI- Code6'ed
      HONDA UNICORN

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information