• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: My Home Theater

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

A well deserved movie needs a theatre experience, watching those movies from home big disappointment, if we stays in apartment another big headache, lot of complaints regarding sound and home theatre experience cannot be enjoyed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No Commerce, Just Fun
      Rainy Days

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by gkannan View Post
      Cuddle with your wife for all those romantic movies or lend a shoulder for her tears during melancholy
      Kannan sir, looks like "Always Romantic" tendencies of yours override "Always Working" or "Always Rational" tendencies.

PS: If you start cuddling with other's wife, soon you might end up in Operation Theatre than in front of Home Theatre.

Quote Originally Posted by gkannan View Post
      But guess theater ka apnahi mazaa hai as long as it is not your purse
      Yes of course.
      We still prefer Cinema Theatre or Multiplex experience for the following situations..

(1) 3D movie
      (2) Get Together and Group viewing with relatives or friends
      (3) First Day First Show or Opening weekend compulsory movie.
      (4) Special Effects Movies viz. Animations, Horor, Cinematography etc.
      (5) As a stress Buster after a season of exams : visit to a Bookstore and a Movie is a must for a teen

Quote Originally Posted by racing_2012 View Post
      A well deserved movie needs a theatre experience
      India Produces 1600 movies per year, add another 1600 from the world, so it is supply more than demand situation. Actually Movie must deserve us and not the other way round. From that perspective the build up for the movie launch should invoke a feeling that i must watch this movie in the theatre only.

Quote Originally Posted by racing_2012 View Post
      watching those movies from home big disappointment, if we stays in apartment another big headache, lot of complaints regarding sound and home theatre experience cannot be enjoyed.
      May be true for you, in your home location. i have overcome all those issues, i have already explained it in detail in previous posts. you can read and understand. My Home Theatre experience is similar to Cinema or Multiplex experience except for screen size and chaos of traffic / parking etc while to/fro multiplex and high ticket / food/water prices. I prefer this experience to as many of those 3200 movies which are made in an year. for few select ones, anyway we will go to Cinema/Multiplex.
      Last edited by Nomad; 28th Nov 2018 at 17:27.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
      May be true for you, in your home location. i have overcome all those issues, i have already explained it in detail in previous posts. you can read and understand. My Home Theatre experience is similar to Cinema or Multiplex experience except for screen size and chaos of traffic / parking etc while to/fro multiplex and high ticket / food/water prices. I prefer this experience to as many of those 3200 movies which are made in an year. for few select ones, anyway we will go to Cinema/Multiplex.
      Hey thatís good, you overcome those issues, sure will check your build log.what I have written is my personal experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
      My Home Theatre experience is similar to Cinema or Multiplex experience except for screen size and chaos of traffic / parking etc while to/fro multiplex and high ticket / food/water prices. I prefer this experience to as many of those 3200 movies which are made in an year. for few select ones, anyway we will go to Cinema/Multiplex.
      Cannot agree more to this ! Perfectly summed up. These days thinking of the hectic traffic, painful parking, sky high prices of movie tickets, consumbales, etc. I prefer to watch these so called movies at home lying down in my cozy sofa free from all these stuff.

One can choose to be happy with what they've. For some having a first car itself is a big happiness. For some even if they own the costliest car, they won't be happy and they wish to have something more.

End of day I'm happy with what I've

Dream is not what you see when you sleep;dream is something that doesn't make you sleep - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.

Mahindra XUV 500
      Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio

Hello friends

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Lvramanan View Post
      Cannot agree more to this ! Perfectly summed up. These days thinking of the hectic traffic, painful parking, sky high prices of movie tickets, consumbales, etc. I prefer to watch these so called movies at home lying down in my cozy sofa free from all these stuff.

One can choose to be happy with what they've. For some having a first car itself is a big happiness. For some even if they own the costliest car, they won't be happy and they wish to have something more.

End of day I'm happy with what I've
      I totally agree. I have setup my avr and home theater though I am still missing a projector, I feel the comfort of watching at home is too good. But the only caveat is you don't get to see new movies. And you have to find good olg movies.
      But watching series episodes on amazon prime is way too good on home theater. You can't do that in a cinema!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

No Commerce, Just Fun
      Rainy Days

Awesome

Rush ... to the theatre in your living room

Recently watched the movie Rush, made in 2013. It is a story of two race drivers, James Hunt and Niki Lauda.

Name:  images.jpeg
Views: 52
Size:  12.9 KBName:  images-5.jpeg
Views: 51
Size:  9.0 KB
      Name:  images-3.jpeg
Views: 52
Size:  8.2 KBName:  images-2.jpeg
Views: 51
Size:  11.6 KB
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11816557.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	233946
      Name:  cb65f71093ab001a06581587938c3d59.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  49.4 KB
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4515826dfe982f3238333258b1116a35.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	233949

The last 5 minutes is a lesson for life.

Niki Lauda is still alive and he speaking about the movie here.

I had heard about him 3 decades ago when i joined the college, he was famous for his family name, when pronounced in Hindi was some sort of nickname for some friend. , As i read about him more i learnt that he was the one who changed the racing to great extent, three times world champion, the only one to do so with both Ferrari as well as McLaren teams, probably the greatest race driver retired and still alive (of course after Michael Schumacher).

The most liked quote from the movie is

Generally such movies are better watched on Home Theatre, where one can go back and forward to enjoy the quotes or adrenalin Rush, a perfect cocktail of entertainment and automobiles.

Last edited by Nomad; 13th Dec 2018 at 22:56.

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      I have seen it - will watch again, tonight. Thank you!

Diesel powaaaa!!!!

Awesome

Rush is a massively underappreciated movie. The contrast between the calculative Lauda and the wild Hunt is to be seen. Like you said, the closing scene is the best part of the movie.
      I don't know about angels, but it's fear that gives men wings.

^ BHP = Torque X RPM

Awesome

Rush: one of my favourite movies, have watched it couple of times and it's actually a good movie on its own not withstanding that it's based on true story. Also this... "Honey you don't need face to drive.. just right foot.."

Save the endangered species!! Save the Two Strokes!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/130855790280909/

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

Just finished watching the movie Rush. Thanks for the brilliant suggestion Nomad. Really loved the movie !

Dream is not what you see when you sleep;dream is something that doesn't make you sleep - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.

Mahindra XUV 500
      Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread Information