Resident Visitor
      You ask any ricer, any serious
      ricer. It doesn't matter if
      the other guy is racing or
      not. A win is a win

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
      Recently watched the movie Rush,
      I remember mentioning this movie 2 years back when we were discussing on wannabe Laudas.

Help me to buy a c segment sedan - Page 5
      Jesus had a Honda.. John 12:49: 'For I did not speak of my own Accord'

2015 Maruti Alto K10 | 2012 Honda City | 2014 Mercedes Benz B180 CDI | 2008 Skoda Octavia

No Commerce, Just Fun
      Rainy Days

Awesome

xander, I remember that discussion, wanted to start my post with that discussion, but could not find that thread or post earlier. Thanks for pointing to it.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Lvramanan View Post
      Just finished watching the movie Rush. Thanks for the brilliant suggestion Nomad. Really loved the movie !
      Where is this movie available? Amazon prime? Netflix? Could not find on any of them.
      --------------------------------------------
      2002 Hero Honda CBZ
      2004 Maruti Alto Lx
      2011 Tata Indica Vista Aqua
      2015 Tata Safari Storme Vx 4x4

No Commerce, Just Fun
      Rainy Days

Awesome

Winter Viewing

This year, we did not take Winter vacation as there were no holidays for 2/3rd members of the household. Generally between Dec 20th to Jan 10th the world slows down, it did so this year as well, so there was more time available but few other activities kept us in Namma Bengaluru itself.

So most evenings were spent in the recliners watching movies on Amazon Prime, Travel shows on DTH, youtube content. Had to top up, two times, the Broadband account to restore the Bandwidth / throughput.

It started with Young Sheldon, watch both seasons
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ThHnXQQ2XA

Then moved to Mentalist, Who is Red John ?, this question became as important as Katappa ne Bahubali ko Kyon Mara ?
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW7VHrsPIZg

We watched all 7 seasons at a trot, without any ads interrupting us, without we becoming mentalists (or should we say... crazy) ourselves.

Saw many movies as well.

One of the good videos available on Youtube is on Rashtrapati Bhawan and part restoration of the same by Former President Pranav Mukherjee. It provides some nice coverage of insides of the largest home for any president across the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y1zynX5x_4

I learnt that citizens can now visit the Rashtrapati Bhawan, thrice a week, need to plan a visit sometime in future.

Awesome

Young Sheldon
      My kids love it.

We watched all 7 seasons at a trot, without any ads interrupting us, without we becoming mentalists (or should we say... crazy) ourselves.
      Finished all seasons of Mentalist quite sometime back. Now there doesn't seem to be anything better than this one.

Have been watching Suits now a days.

No Commerce, Just Fun
      Rainy Days

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by speed79 View Post
      Now there doesn't seem to be anything better than this one.
      I saw Few Byomkesh Bakshi and Feluda Movies (Bengali) with subtitles, tried Jack Ryan (TV adaption of Taken) but it was no where near the movie

Now I am laughing everyday night after Dinner, since last 2-3 day with Yes Minister, completed 3 seasons and now about to get promoted to Yes Prime Minister. I remember seeing that on DoorDarshan during early 90s.

I am looking forward to some one doing an adaptation Haan Jee, Modi Ji.
      Laughing to one's Bed is a good thing, they say.

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Things I have watched on Amazon Prime:

1. Jack Ryan - the thriller was good. Watched all the episodes in my one of the Kolkata trips

2. Mirzapur - Don't know how I feel about it. Highly rated - but I was disappointed seeing a TV-serial like half baked confused ending.

3. Inside Edge - Good series. This is how a series should be - focused, completed and engaging.

4. The Last Ship - First season was classic - by the time I went to 3rd season, things became repetitive and then I dropped it. Recommended to watch the first season of it - thrilling, engaging and shows a good dimension to leadership behavior.

5. Breathe - Boy, it was so slow. I had to fast forward scenes to watch it. By the time episode 7 came, I lost the interested and dropped it.

6. NCIS - currently watching from season 1. Good thriller/suspense episodes. The best is - every episode is complete in itself - so you can easily watch it at your leisure and don't have to remember what happened earlier.

7. The First - Series on plan to land on Mars. Had many ups and down - couldn't connect to emotional aspect in a space-thriller. Dropped after watching 5-6 episodes.

8. Comicstaan - a stand-up comedy competition with 9 new stand-up comedy faces of India. Was a good watch. Some of the episodes were just ok - but can be watched.

9. The Mentalist - Started with Season 6 - my stupidity. I should have started with season 1. Well, finished 8 episodes so far and still looking for Red John. It was a nice concept so far. What I am concerned is the list of 21 episodes in this season. Way too high. They could have kept it tighter and more focused with less that 10 episodes. Things have also been written with lot of convenience. Anyway. Lets see how it ends.

Note : Do we want to move these Web and Prime series discussion to someplace else from your HT Thread. Sorry if these are totally OT.

No Commerce, Just Fun
      Rainy Days

Awesome

Some cases where Home Theatre is simply not in consideration list

While we continue to watch movies on Home Theatre + Amazon Prime, there have been instances in recent times, where folks at home simply did not want it.

all through December 2018, someone at home periodically mentioned about an upcoming Marathi Biopic Bhai - Vyakti Ki Valli (Big Brother, a person or personality ?) on the life of the most most respected play writer, poet, author, musician (harmonium player), composer, first stand up comedian (single person acts), first Director of DoorDarshan, Chairman of NCPA, Doyan of Marathi Theatre, Janapeetha Award winner Purushottam Laxmanrao Deshpande, fondly referred as Pu La. There was all round excitement, thanks to the teasers, youtube trailer, behind the scene videos, interviews with the 70 + member cast and producer Mahesh Manjrekar. at one point, she even exclaimed, "can we go to Pune and watch the movie ?" She was almost sure, movie may not be released in Bangalore.

Then came an opportunity for private viewing organized through Maharastra Mandal folks, on the day of the launch. RS 450 per ticket, it was cheaper than traveling to Pune of course , so she booked the tickets and then let me know. It was a worthy experience, our first private viewing of a movie, at Garuda Mall, and it was a houseful. Book My Show started screening the movie after 1-2 days. We got the pop corn and all the marathi buzz as complimentary in the same price. At the end of the show we learnt that bio pic was a sequel and part II would be released a month later. on feb 8th.

We again did a repeat of the experience, minus involvement of Maharasthra manual folks, minus free pop corn, at Pheonix Market City Whitefiled, that too 10 PM show.
      for a change, the ORR was not jammed, and return journey around 1 AM, was peaceful too. for a change, i was not in a hurry to reach home. It is one biopic i have enjoyed after Gandhi and Nayakan, of course, i too am fan of simple but a amazing personality called Pu La, much before the bio pic even. i love his simple writing, cheerful and easy to understand flow of events, characters, incidents, feeling, dialogues, satire. He made people of the entire state laugh their heart out, forgetting most of other emotions and happening.

Another occasion was for the movie Uri, Surgical Strike which we saw on Valentine day eve, again there was a special request for this movie to be seen in theatre. it was worth every rupee spent, As daughter had also completed her final exams, on the same day, she too joined, we booked the 9:50 pm show in a new INOX that has come up in a mall, some walking distance from our home. Walk back home , well past the mid night was the best start to the VDay. it was back to yesteryears when we used to go to cinema, no traffic, no driving, no parking fees, no expensive snacks, just cinema, cheering crowd, claps for the dialogues and whistling crowd when the hero bashes up the villain. nothing can better that experience.

now back to Home Theatre, Action & Adventure movies dominate our viewing list. saw movies like Jack Reacher, The Punisher, RED as well as recent Kannada Super Hit Movie KGF, but in Hindi language. For me KGF was just another movie, did not connect with the story. probably i should have watched it in a Cinema Theatre instead of Home Theatre.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread Information