• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: My Home Theater

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Sony and Samsung HTS are only temp solutions and can never match up the quality you get from proper AVR and separate regular speakers. You can take upgrade path in Small packages. Buy Basic AVR and two tower speaker with center speaker, you can get wireless speaker later for surrounds..it's 3.0 to start with. Otherwise you can buy 2 bookshelf and center with subwoofer making it 3.1... you will enjoy for many years than Sony or Samsung HTS packages..

Sent from my Lenovo K8 Note using Tapatalk

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

rksingh1, move out of Traditional Sony and Samsung if you want to get a real Theater like experience. There's a lot more brands which are good and offers rich sound. Ofcourse they'll be bit expensive than Sony, Samsung and Likes, BUT you'll definitely be able to feel the difference in them. To start with look at Taga Harmony or Onkyo Speakers and Receivers like Marantz, Denon or NAD. Take multiple demos and probably take ur fav. source of Movies / Music to audition them. Am sure you'll end up in setting up your own HT system. Those brands I mentioned have HTiB and as well as separate speakers. As your Car ICE journey there'll be a lot to learn here too ! Take the jump I would say Like Nags2014 said, you'll not regret your decision.

Dream is not what you see when you sleep;dream is something that doesn't make you sleep - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.

Mahindra XUV 500
      Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio

People asking for status
      update

Awesome

We also have a in house home theater speaker distributor. Check product announcement page. His name is Vinoth. And he has many German brand speakers.

Pitch Perfect A/V - Hi-end audio and video shworoom
      Last edited by Pr_007; 9th Apr 2019 at 19:27.

No Commerce, Just Fun
      Rainy Days

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by rksingh1 View Post
      Here is a quick drawing of my drawing room. It is L shaped and spacious enough.
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 9.11.55 PM.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	271.5 KB 
ID:	235945

You may want to play around with the orientation of your viewing and seating positions. i took liberty to re-arrange your furniture TV mounting/shelf as well as speakers. of course you need to play around and get the right positions suitable for your hearing needs.

I suggest you should keep as wider space as possible along the horizontal plane to your left and right while sitting on the couch. This ensures that there are lesser chances of un-intended and unwanted sound reflections reaching your your ears.

I suggest you go for Dolby ATMOS as increasingly more movies will be released with ATMOS. In RMZ Galleria INOX (screen 1) they have DOLBY ATMOS system now. you can experience it if you wish. i recently saw a movie there as well as DOLBY ATMOS Demo Video and it was pretty impressive.
      Last edited by Nomad; 9th Apr 2019 at 20:57.

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
      In RMZ Galleria INOX (screen 1) they have DOLBY ATMOS system now
      I have heard this ATMOS in few other places too and it is in my requirement list. Both sony and samsung models I mentioned above offer ATMOS, though I don't know how will they offer if they don't have up firing speakers.

THanks for the re-work on drawing room, I'd see how feasible it will be. One concern is the empty unused space behind the TV unit.

Lvramanan, Nags2014, Pr_007, speed79, thank you friends. While I also had Yamaha HTiBs in my list, none of the Yamaha has floor standing speakers - precisely the reason I dropped it.

I am no audiophile grade listener. Consider me an average mango people who needs surround sound with his movie/TV/sports. I can go through the hardwork of AVR+speaker setup and be 100% satisfied, or buy simply an HTiB and be 80% satisfied. I am feeling like the latter one right now. Plus Sony is in my good books - I am extremely happy with the Sony TV and even though their sound / music products are not audiophile grade, they are good at consumer level.

On that note - I have started feeling that 42 in is a small size and I should have gone for at least 55 in TV

Sadly, there is nothing wrong with the TV and resale value of TVs is rock bottom.

People asking for status
      update

Awesome

Sadly, there is nothing wrong with the TV and resale value of TVs is rock bottom.
      There is no selling of a TV... it will hardly go for 10% of the cost that you purchased it for.. Put it in a different room ...

Sony is too costly for the features it provides..

No Commerce, Just Fun
      Rainy Days

Awesome

though I don't know how will they offer if they don't have up firing speakers.
      Look at the image at SONY Website. basically the sound bar creates a sound reflection off the roof.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 3.32.35 PM.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	825.8 KB 
ID:	235946

Go through this DOLBY ATMOS website, it lists all the brands and devices enabled with DOLBY ATMOS

Dolby Atmos Home Theater Products

I downloaded the just the speaker list and have attached below. Looks like these speaker would be used together with AVR to complete the system.

Dolby Atmos Critical Foundations-DAES_MB.pdf

One concern is the empty unused space behind the TV unit.
      The rear space shown in the reworked drawing is huge actually it may not be that much in reality. you can keep a Pizza Slice or Cake Slice shaped Bookshelf or show case below the TV or you can keep the Sub Woofer (if any) behind the TV.

I have started feeling that 42 in is a small size and I should have gone for at least 55 in TV
      Bigger is always Better
      Last edited by Nomad; 10th Apr 2019 at 15:13.

Awesome

On that note - I have started feeling that 42 in is a small size and I should have gone for at least 55 in TV
      EEven if you upgrade to 55 inch today, after a few months you would again start feeling that you should have gone for a size bigger. Better buy a projector and you can full one big wall with movie. We had bought a cheap projector (Rs 6k-7k) as my wife needed to draw scaled up version of the drawings (she is an artist). We occasionally use this projector to show movie to kids on wall as a 120-140 inch screen, with two JBL speakers that i have had in store for years. For some movies, we could not play audio as the projector did not support Dolby. I had a HDMI splitter which splits HDMI-IN to Audio-out (stereo cable or optical out) and video HDMI-out. Using this splitter they can view movies with dolby digital. I can take optical audio in to the JBL soundbar or stereo audio to standalone JBL speakers. I am not saying buy a cheaper projector and other workarounds, but get a better projector. You should be able to find a good one in range of 20k-30k for non-branded one, and 50-100k for branded ones.

none of the Yamaha has floor standing speakers
      Why do you need floor standing speakers? You can either buy speaker stands for rear speakers, or you can drill holes in the wall. Drilling holes is not a big thing to fix when you vacate the house. I would say don't compromise on sound quality due to non-floor standing speakers, get the Yamaha. It would definitely be better than the Sony and Samsung. Otherwise, you will again have urge of upgrade in few months/years.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread Information