I'm finally replacing my 8 year old Verna CRDI and have shortlisted Creta Petrol.
Why Hyundai Creta?
- Earlier choice was Jetta 1.4TSI Trendline, but head ruled over heart and sense prevailed. Jetta's current gen is six years old now, too long in the tooth. Resale will be too low.
- Family likes it.. no actually loves it!
- I find it seriously overpriced. Elite i20 offers better kit for your money.
- Smooth Suspension and good GC. Will see a lot of highway and mine runs.
- Its a Hayoondai!
- Support for Aftermarket Mods like ICE without getting your warranty screwed.
Why Creta Petrol?
- Running is less than 800kms a month. Multiple cars at home.
- I will badly miss the Gem : 1.6 CRDI Engine but its 1.5 lacs expensive VoV. You can buy a hell lot of fuel for that money!
- Relatively low maintenance in the long term. Less headache.
Need advise on which variant to opt for. Three variants I'm considering :
S : Upper variant of Base. Ex Showroom Price(Ranchi) : 10.47 lacs
- Has : Two Airbags, ABS, Regular AC with Electric Recircualtion switch, Multifunction Steering Wheel, Flippy Keys, 5 inch Touch Headunit, Armrest and other basic features.
- Doesn't have : Navigation, Climate Control, Smart Key with Push Button Start and Keyless Go, Alloy Wheels, Reverse Camera and Parking Sensors, Power Folding Mirrors and Projector Headlamps.
SX+ : Top variant in Petrol, upper varant of S. Ex Showroom Price(Ranchi) : 12.01 lacs
- Has : Everything what the S variant doesn't have(mentioned above). Sad looking 16 inch alloys. Projector Headlamps are halogen and aren't that great.
- Doesn't have : 17 inch alloys, Auto Dimming Mirror, Supervision Clusteron the Odo(i20 Asta has it, displays Parking Sensors too). Leather wrap on steering. No dedicated DRLs.
SX+ Anniversary Edition : Limited Edition Variant with SX(O) goodies and graphics. Ex Showroom Price(Ranchi) : 12.39 lacs(tentative)
Image Source : Motorbeam.com
- Has : Sexy 17 inch alloys from the SX(O). 235 section Bridgestone Tyres, all Black Dashboard with quirky red/orange accents on air vents, Black roof(likes) and body graphics with 1st Anniversary Decals(dislike!), Leather wrap on the steering.
- Doesn't have : Auto Dimming Mirror, Supervision Clusteron the Odo(i20 Asta has it, displays Parking Sensors too), Leather(fake) Seats. Its not SX(O) after all.
Now, I'm stuck on which variant to book/buy. I really like the 17 inch alloys on Anniversary Edition but hate those decals and the red/orange accents on AC vents. Do you think its justifiable to spend around 45k extra(on road) for the anniversary edition against SX+? Or, is it justifiable for getting the top spec trim or even the SX+.
What would I strongly miss on the S variant? 10.45 lacs ex showroom plus I can buy cool aftermarket 16 inch rims of my choice and go for projector retrofit on the headlights(which are many times better than stock projectors on the SX+).
Your inputs please.