• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which New Luxury

Global Moderator
      not aware that he can set his status here!

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by nikhil.thup View Post
      How reliable is the Benz in comparison to the other two
      Quite reliable. Never had any issues with my C Class in 15 months of ownership. Front suspension were replaced under warranty on first service, but that was due to running on almost non-existent roads on a trip to Bihar.

Quote Originally Posted by nikhil.thup View Post
      2) Benz GLC: Went to the showroom on the same day. Was pleased with the experience. At first looks the GLC looks nice and well built. The edition 1 series has all the gizmos inbuilt and space in the rear was to our liking. Ingress and Egress was also easy and comfortable. Though maybe the car is tall for my mom. Would have to get her a stool to get into and out (so long as she doesn't hit me with it). Car was luxurious and we liked it instantly. We were told the CBU units are almost sold out and the CKD units will start coming from this month onwards. There will be the usual reduction in features leading to a price drop. Apparently they would releasing two versions (not yet confirmed). One would be the entry level GLC. Waiting to test drive once it comes down. The GLC appears to the first choice (budget contingent)
      Get the CBU! My C Class is also Launch Edition CBU. CBU is fully loaded with additional features over CKD like Ambient Interior Lighting, Intelligent Headlight System with Quad LEDs, Navigation Standard, Better build quality(Bremen vs Chakan). CKD is more of a stripped down version.
      2015 Mercedes-Benz C200 Avantgarde
      2016 Hyundai Creta SX(O)
      2014 Tata Safari Storme EX
      2014 Hyundai Elite i20 Asta:
      Nexus 7 -> AK4490EQ -> miniDSP C-DSP| DLS A2 | Audible Physics RAM3a | Boston GT2125
      | Vaani Vector 6.5mkII | Rockford Fosgate T400-2 | Morel Ultimo SC

ICE..and BOTTAL

Awesome

Isnt GLC far way above than A4 and X1 pricing.

Anyhow CBU is also too highly priced than CKD. Damn ! Merc Class A if wasnt for CBU , would love to own it. Amazing car, ridiculous pricing.
      Perfection is impression
      -----------------------------
      i10 Kappa VW POLO 1.5 TDI 2014
      RF T500-1||RF Punch 2 Series SW 10''||
      Dynaudio 342 Series 3 way||P6350 BT||Hifiman HM602||Mosconi AS100.4||Mosconi AS 200.4||Mosconi DSP 6To8||Tchernov Cable||VDH Cable||iPaul DM-2000||Morel Ultimo 12''||Headunit - F60BT||Micro-Precisions 7 3way||Dynaudio 242 Series 2 way||

Stage 1 ICE'd- SO Audio

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by bamaboy View Post

Keep in mind A4 is more premium than X1 and is a segment above. Also consider the new 320d or even the 3GT. The new B47 Engine is brilliant and you can get discount between 4-6 lacs on these. Haggling is the key. They are also offering some discount of the new X1.
      Thanks for the suggest. I checked out the GT and I was really surprised. I was expecting enhanced space but in reality it was much more than that. Ground clearance at 165mm too was a plus point. BMW 3GT is now in the reckoning.

Does anyone know anyone who owns the 3GT here in Gearheads. I would like to know their experience of owning the 3GT and i would love to know what price they got it for. Especially if the person is in Chennai, then it would be great to have rough idea if and when i decide to buy and start negotiating.
      Last edited by nikhil.thup; 19th Sep 2016 at 11:18.
      Hyundai Creta 2016 - SO Audio Orchestra
      Toyota Corolla - Reliable to the end

Stage 1 ICE'd- SO Audio

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by bamaboy View Post
      Get the CBU! My C Class is also Launch Edition CBU. CBU is fully loaded with additional features over CKD like Ambient Interior Lighting, Intelligent Headlight System with Quad LEDs, Navigation Standard, Better build quality(Bremen vs Chakan). CKD is more of a stripped down version.
      There were 300 Units of the CBU that were allocated to India and I was told that close to 285 or so have already been sold. The dealer that I spoke too didnt have any stocks of the CBU. It would not have much difference as my father takes his own sweet time to decide. And he is really not bothered too much about the additional features.

The below are the features that would most probably be removed/be different on the CKD (guess work by the dealer - not yet confirmed)

1) Under body coating to be of a slight lower standard
      2) Two zone climate and not three zone climate control as it is in the CBU
      3) Intelligent Lighting System (their fancy word for the headlight) would be not be there
      4) Memory seating might not be there
      5) Under tight extension would be manual as opposed to automatic in the CBU
      6) Different alloys
      7) Slight change in the wood trim

Please note that above is just guesswork and not yet confirmed.
      Hyundai Creta 2016 - SO Audio Orchestra
      Toyota Corolla - Reliable to the end

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information