John Mayer - Belief
      Chris Rea - You must be evil
      Jamiroquai - Dynamite
      Ozzy Osbourne - Mama I'm coming home
      Duran Duran - Come Undone
      One Republic - Apologize

more will add later
      Ford Classic 1.4 TDCI TITANIUM
      Alpine CDA-117 + PXA-H100 | Dynaudio Esotec 242GT | Image Dynamics CTX65 | Image Dynamics IDQ12D2V3 |
      Rainbow Germanium Four | Alpine MRP-M1000 | AIV Silvarado

Secret

Blog Entries
      Kirsh ,an audio engineer with General Motors has made public his own Top 10 list for testing the mettle of our own sound systems.

"Don't Know Why" by Norah Jones. Listen for Norah's voice to sound natural, and centered in front of you.

"Diamonds and Rust" by Joan Baez. Listen for strong vocals, and for the instruments to be set across a wide sound stage.

"No One" by Alicia Keys. Listen for clarity in Alicia's vocals and spacious background sound.

"Hotel California" by the Eagles. Listen for the clarity and dynamic range during the opening guitar solo, and of course the powerful drum beat.

"Boom Boom Pow"by the Black Eyed Peas. Listen for powerful, accurate bass beats, even at full volume.

"Rock that Body"by the Black Eyed Peas. Listen clear, intelligible lyrics over the powerful, persistent bass beat.

"Hide and Seek"by Imogen Heap. Listen for the enveloping ambience of the song, building on the openness and dynamic vocals.

"He Mele No Lilo" by Mark Keali'i Ho'omalu from Lilo and Stitch.Listen for the ambience and staging as the children's chorus is offset by powerful bass.

"Bird on a Wire" by Johnny Cash. Listen for the clarity in Johnny's distinctive voice, and his guitar to sound natural and free of any coloration.

"Packt Like Sardines in a Crushd Tin Box" by Radiohead. Listen for the punch from the percussive bass, and the ring of the steel drums.

The list is varied between genres and decades, and it's jam packed with a plethora of instruments to stretch the legs on your tweeters, mid-range units and on down to the subs.
      www.codereddy.wordpress.com

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Cool list avinash. Lemme try these tracks

Awesome

Have a few tracks from THX to test the sub woofer's capability. And its titled 'Woofer Buster'
      INSANE bass!
      02' Honda City VTEC
      04' Skoda Octavia vRS
      08' Honda Accord 2.4L
      08' Volkswagen Passat
      10' BMW 320d

Awesome

Those kind of test tracks should be used very carefully with budget subs (<20K). They can easily bust the woofer. There are some 20 Hz tones that can kill the woofer silently. You can't even hear them.

Awesome

Yup, agreed. And hence the name - Woofer Buster
      02' Honda City VTEC
      04' Skoda Octavia vRS
      08' Honda Accord 2.4L
      08' Volkswagen Passat
      10' BMW 320d

Awesome

But woofers won't have any problem playing most of them at normal volume and gain levels. To really test a woofer, you need a specific kind of track called a Woofer Excursion Test. I have a couple from Boston Acoustics and they are insane. And a sine wave test. Oh boy! There are lots of videos on youtube of subs going crazy.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF-P7eXh8YI

http://i52.tinypic.com/4p
      MenTaL Powerrrrrrrrrr !!!

Secret

actually a subwoofer does not die because of 20Hz tones..but due to distortion that occours in most of the amps at that frequency.. you see at lower frequency the amp needs to sustain a lot of output to keep the woofer in proper frequency range and hence create signals that are very distorted and kill the woofer..

Awesome

So I was searching far and wide for songs to test my ICE without realizing that I had the most deadly collection that can bring the best or the worst out of any ICE right under my nose. And I am talking about my entire Pink Floyd and The Doors collection. Played a few over the weekend for the first time and I was blown away.

1. 'Time' from The Dark Side of the Moon (1973). The bells and the clock chimes that come in the beginning are enough to stress out the tweeters. Only the best of the lot will reproduce the 3D effect without distortion. And then comes Waters' awesome bass guitar on top of the chimes. For the first time ever I felt that my sub was struggling a bit and this is the same sub that handles synthesized low bass of hip hop and trance with consummate ease. I don't even have to talk about the vocals and that incredible guitar solo that follows.

2. 'The great gig in the sky' from the same album. Great test of vocals. The high pitched screaming sounds so alive and raw. Enough to give you goosebumps if the ICE can handle it.

3. 'Happiest days of our lives' from The Wall (1979). You can hear at least three lead guitars if the ICE is tuned right. And all three guitars were played separately by Gilmour and mixed into the track.

4. 'Comfortably numb' from The Wall. The most perfect song ever created IMO. This track is a great test for vocals and guitar strings.

5. The album 'An American Prayer' by The Doors. It has a collection of poetry recited by Jim Morrison on top of classic Doors tracks. If the ICE is tuned right, it will feel as if Morrison is sitting right on the dashboard. "Indian Indian what did you die for.. Indian says nothing at all"- nearly had an auditory orgasm when I heard this haunting line. The entire album is too trippy. Need to be drunk to fully appreciate the various nuances though.
      Last edited by Gilead; 25th Oct 2010 at 14:22.

Rabid Dog Club
      Giving excuses!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Bumping this thread to get more update.....Folks any new addition to the list??
      Toyota Camry MT|TATA Safari EX 4x2

Rabid Dog Club - bite first, bark later :-P

“The auto industry is not a charity that produces widgets for driving enthusiasts.”

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information