• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Story of a sportsbike, a second hand car, a Tata bolt ,a Toyota Innnova and the one they call the Tata Safari Dicor 2.2.

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Congratulations hawx. This is a wonderful car to own. It just happened to be Dicor or you contemplated Strome too?

Quote Originally Posted by hawx View Post
      city average hovers around 10-12 kmpl in city and on highway's 14-16 kmpl depending on how I am driving. Will post service pics soon.
      These are good numbers for Safari.

reclaiming my life!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by rksingh1 View Post
      Congratulations hawx. This is a wonderful car to own. It just happened to be Dicor or you contemplated Strome too?
      The SA at concorde did offer me Storme but once you have look at Dicor there's nothing else to look at. But yes Storme is more refined, matured and better equipped than Dicor. Also while buying Dicor, Tata came up with Storme 400nm which I was tempted to buy but it was way out of my budget then. Around 17 lacs on road for 4x4 400nm VX model.

I am happy with Dicor for now. For future I am looking towards the Tata's Q501 and Q502. Lets see, fingers crossed.

Regards,
      hawx

reclaiming my life!

Awesome

Time for minor update. Dicor celebrated her second birthday on November 12th.
      As of now ODO stands at 28k. The official warranty has expired and now its into Extended warranty period for next two years.
      Got insurance renewed for 22k for an IDV of 7.2 lacs from Royal Sundaram. Previous insurer was New India Assurance 25k for IDV of 7.6 lacs.

Regards,
      hawx

reclaiming my life!

Awesome

Small update Dicor completed 30k on 13th December. No issues to report and Dicor is doing duty of ferrying me and family to places without any fuss.
      Will post ODO pic soon.

Regards,
      hawx

reclaiming my life!

Awesome

Update time,

Dicor has done 35500 kms. And now i have few niggles to report.
      1. Went for oil and oil filter change few weeks back. Reason being dicor was mostly used in city and Tata recommends to change oil at 7500 km interval if you use car extensively in city. That done however Tass screwed my driver side window controls. The button that control driver side window went kaput. I confronted Tass about same and they denied about doing anything. I asked some of my friends about it and they are of the opinion that while washing the car at Tass some water might have seeped into controls damaging it. Tass denied it. So i told them to cover it in extended warranty and they said its not covered in extended warranty as its wear and tear item. I was like WTF!, the extended warranty manuals says that all electronics are covered under extended. To that Tass said that pay the amount now and take the car, they will escalate it to Tata and get refund. Since I needed car I paid the amount and told them to escalate it to Tata and do not create invoice for the same. I have receipt for the amount.
      Also during this service they found that tie rod ends are faulty and replaced both tie rods at cost.

2. The niggle that cropped up. Dicor jerks while accelerating in gear. For example I am cruising in third gear, I lift my foot from throttle for few seconds and when I reapply throttle the car accelerates with a jerk/hiccup. My clutch is fine, smooth and still in great shape, also the problem does not seems to be with gearbox, cause I am feeling this jerking in almost all gears. Showed it to Tass and they checked and told me they need to replace bushes for rear shocks, bush for propeller shaft plus engine mounts. since all have developed a play. Also during this inspection they found out that front right tie rod has play and needs to be replaced. I was like whoa tie rod got replaced only few back, how can that go bad so early. To that tass replied that I can go and complain it to the Tass from which I got serviced and they should do it for free since all serviced parts come with warranty of some sort.

I need advice on above two point now,
      Shouldnt the window controls be covered under warranty?
      Also tie rods going bad so early? Is some sort of warranty applied on serviced parts?
      And the major one the jerking issue, what can it be? has anyone faced it here?

Regards,
      hawx

reclaiming my life!

Awesome

Update: AS of writing Dicor has completed 41k kms. Went in for 40k km service last week. TASS kept the Dicor with them for 4 days. Following issues were reported,
      1. Left side middle door locking mechanism was not working properly. Even when the door was kept open the door ajar warning would not show it. Also it use to lock the Dicor with that door open.
      Rectified: Replaced door lock.
      2. Dicor use to jerk on acceleration in gear. The jerk was mostly felt when the rpm was around 1k-1500. It was like if u lift your foot of accelerator and accelerated again then the jerk was felt. TASS identified it to be rear bushing. Apparently rear bushes do last for 30k kms. Mine lasted nearly 40k kms.
      Another problem TASS said related to jerk might be faulty clutch plate. Though I said lets replace the bushes first and if the problem persists we can inspect clutch. Replaced the bushes problem has been resolved to quite an extent but occasionally I do get the jerk frm Dicor. So I guess its time to inspect clutch.
      3. Lot of vibrations while starting and shutting down engine. Rectified engine mounts replaced.
      4. Told them to replace the front disc along with disc pads since I am still running on original disc and pads. TASS inspected and told me Disc is fine and will last another 20-30k kms. While they have changed the disc brake pads.
      5. Since TASS was replacing my rear bushes they went ahead opened up front and rear suspension and reassembled them. It was done to check if everything is in order.
      6. Apart from these regular service elements like oil, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter, coolant topup, gearbox oil change, wheel alignment, rotation and balancing, window roll up and roll down operation smoothing were carried out.

The total bill for above came to be 22,856 Rs from which I paid 1800 bucks for middle door latch, alignment-rotation-balancing, some minor consumables. The reason my bill came down is the AMC that I got with the vehicle.

The door latch could have been covered in warranty but to claim warranty it was lengthy process and required the vehicle to be in workshop for few more days. Since the amount was not substantial I went ahead and replaced it at my own cost.

I have the AMC remaining for more 4k kms. I will get the clutch work done within that only.

Regards,
      hawx

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information