• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Results 11 to 16 of 16

    Thread: Best GPS Navigator for Indian Roads

    1. #11
      With each replacement of
      parts, all cars slowly become
      Chinese!
       
      Awesome
       

      Join Date
      Jun 2016
      Posts
      49
      Quote Originally Posted by Indian007 View Post
      I am planning to buy a GPS Navigator for my car

      Most of my travel will be in Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka

      Confused whether to go for MapMyIndia OR Garmin

      Budget: 10k - 15K

      Please advice
      MMI,ofcourse. It is the best Map for India. I have it in my Blaupunkt's SD card and it has taken me through Karnataka, TN and once upto Jawaharnagar, Bhandara. Haven't been to Kerala yet.

    2. #12

      PetrolPowered+DieselDriven
       
      Awesome
       
      J.Ravi's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2010
      Location
      Bangalore
      Posts
      1,140
      Quote Originally Posted by Indian007 View Post
      Confused whether to go for MapMyIndia OR Garmin
      I have been using NaviMaps in my phone for all my rides since last 2 years. It has the latest May 2016 maps. Maps get updated every 3 months. My XUV 500's OE dash navigator has obsolete maps. So, I am using the same NaviMaps in my drives too as it has the latest maps with the latest PoI. I recommend NaviMaps app in the phone instead of stand-alone navigators. NaviMaps don't require Internet or GPRS or signal.
      MY HIGHWAY CRUISERS: XUV 500 W8 FWD OPULENT PURPLE [30 DEC 2013] . THUNDERBIRD 500 TWILIGHT [15 APRIL 2013]


    3. #13
      With each replacement of
      parts, all cars slowly become
      Chinese!
       
      Awesome
       

      Join Date
      Jun 2016
      Posts
      49
      Quote Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
      I have been using NaviMaps in my phone for all my rides since last 2 years. It has the latest May 2016 maps. Maps get updated every 3 months. My XUV 500's OE dash navigator has obsolete maps. So, I am using the same NaviMaps in my drives too as it has the latest maps with the latest PoI. I recommend NaviMaps app in the phone instead of stand-alone navigators. NaviMaps don't require Internet or GPRS or signal.
      NaviMap is nothing but MMI (Map my India) map for Mobiles.

    4. #14

      not aware that he can set his status here!
       
      Awesome
       

      Join Date
      May 2014
      Posts
      448
      I have made a shootout here-
      Mahindra XUV5OO Detailed Review (3 Years Report) - Page 4

      I do not believe in buying dedicated GPS. They're dump & They're expensive for what they are.

      Get a good android phone for yourself and use your Older phone with Nice GPS app as dedicated GPS/ Car dock.

      I am using Samsung note 1 (GT 7000, Single sim, korea made, 4 years old).

    5. #15
      Skoda Rapid 1.6 TDI Stage 2 :)
       
      Awesome
       

      Join Date
      Apr 2012
      Location
      Thiruvananthapuram
      Posts
      97
      Thanks for all your comments

      Taking reviews from my friends and reading reviews from other sites finally ordered Garmin NUVI 65LM

      Finally gave up MMI due to non-reliability of its HW and no free map update

    6. #16

      a.k.a AntiFigoRacer
       
      Hungry
       
      roadracer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2010
      Location
      Chennai
      Posts
      4,349
      I use both GMap and Here We Go(offline map). If you have both you should be okay in 99% of the cases. For the remaining 1% you can always roll down your window and ask somebody for the route!!
      TATA Indica Vista Quadrajet (2009) | Suzuki GS 150R (2010) | TVS Wego (2011) | TVS Victor GL (2004) - SOLD

    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

    Thread Information

    Users Browsing this Thread

    There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. BMW X1 to hit Indian roads ( Launched )
      By shishirbn in forum Imports and Luxury Cars
      Replies: 29
      Last Post: 26th Dec 2016, 21:36
    2. Jaguar XF: will suit Indian roads?
      By Count510 in forum Luxury Cars
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: 15th Jan 2016, 16:12
    3. Replies: 9
      Last Post: 15th Mar 2014, 16:53
    4. Chevrolet Sonic - Going to hit Indian roads in 2012?
      By mclaren1885 in forum General Discussions
      Replies: 21
      Last Post: 31st Dec 2011, 17:51

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •