• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: 2.1 Home Audio System - Budget <30K

Life's Boring !!!

Awesome

Chandigarh (Paradise) - Indrapuram (Vertical Slum)
      Quote Originally Posted by Ceekay View Post
      However, I am not able to play TV audio thorough this system, I am a bit disappointed with this. Now TV is connect to Videocon D2h set top box via HDMI. I tried connecting TV to Yamaha RN602 via RCA as well as digital, both does not transfer the sound to the amplifier. Am I missing something,
      You need to connect the Set Top box to the amp and then from the amp take the output to the TV. So the sound will be distributed to the 5 speakers and the video will telecast to the TV

Awesome

Did not find a more suitable place to post below query of mine, apologies if wrong one, please feel free to move this post to an appropriate location.

During to my recent visit to UK bought Yamaha RN602 stereo network amplifier, really works like charm connected to old jamo satellite speakers and a sub-woofer. Usually use FM, Airplay and USB

However, I am not able to play TV audio thorough this system, I am a bit disappointed with this. Now TV is connect to Videocon D2h set top box via HDMI. I tried connecting TV to Yamaha RN602 via RCA as well as digital, both does not transfer the sound to the amplifier. Am I missing something, much appreciate any help in connecting TV to the system I have mentioned above.

Thanks in advance
      Which TV do you have?
      Does your TV support HDMI ARC?
      If your TV supports HDMI ARC (For sony TVs it is generally HDMI1), and your receiver suports HDMI ARC, connect your STB to TV on non-ARM HDMI. From HDMI ARC connect your receiver. If you have two HDMI on your receiver (one ARC and one non_ARC), you could connect your STB HDMI out to receiver non-ARC HDMI, and from ARC HDMI of receiver to HDMI of TV.

Other option that you have you can connect digital optical output from your STB to your receiver optical input. And video via HDMI can go directly from STB to TV.

On your receiver you would need to choose the sound source as optical or HDMI or whatever. For optical to work correctly, you need to push it in till you hear a click sound which locks the optical cable in the slot firmly.

A look at specs of 602, i think there is no HDMI. So your only option seems to be optical. Avoid RCA cables.

Bangalore

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by back2u4u View Post
      You need to connect the Set Top box to the amp and then from the amp take the output to the TV. So the sound will be distributed to the 5 speakers and the video will telecast to the TV
      Thanks back2u4u, guess I have to take RCA route to connect then, that way audio from STB to Amp and Video line to TV.

Many thanks speed79

Quote Originally Posted by speed79 View Post
      Which TV do you have?
      Panasonic 50VT20, old one, my guess is firmware in this tv is not allowing to detect the amp I think

Quote Originally Posted by speed79 View Post
      Does your TV support HDMI ARC?
      TV has HDMI, but yes it is a stereo amp so HDMI here in amp.

Please can you advise if there is a Videocon STB with optical out, current one does not have it. Guess I will have to buy a STB with optical then and give a try

Awesome

I guess any HD STB will have optical out. I think with 50 inch TV, you might be using HD STB, so it should be there or you might need to buy a new STB.

Audio Banned

Awesome

TV has HDMI,
      Your TV's HDMI port 1 supports ARC, but you also need to buy a compatible cable. But sadly your amp does not support HDMI as it is a stereo amp.
      To enable default digital audio output from your TV (optical output), you need to enable it from the TV's Viera settings.
      Check it out.
      ICE, 4-way active - Eclipse CD7200mkii Head Unit, Kenwood KOS-300, Two Pioneer GM-X944 amps, Dayton midbass and wideband, Dayton AMT tweeters, Infinity Kappa sub, Ref. MX cables, entec speaker cables,
      Home: 3-way active: Dune Media Player, Parasound ZDAc v2, DBX 3-way analogue crossover, DIY 3-way tower speakers, 6-channel DNM amplifier: 2-way passive: Laptop source, TEAC UD301 DAC, 6J1 active tube buffer, Adcom amplifier, Infinity bookshelf and Wharfedale subwoofer

Bangalore

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by gkannan View Post
      Your TV's HDMI port 1 supports ARC,
      Thanks gkannan this is helpful, something I was not aware of

you need to enable it from the TV's Viera settings.
      Check it out.
      I did check this in the sound settings, will try Viera settings and let you know, thanks again

Bangalore

Awesome

speed79, gkannan, back2u4u thanks for your inputs, the problem is resolved I am able to connect TV audio to the speakers with help of optical cable.

The volume level was low hence was not able to identify the sound from speakers. Both TV speakers and amp speakers are playing sound simultaneously during the short listening yesterday was not able to find any mismatch between the two. Only disadvantage is have to really crank the volume in amp high (level above +5 decibel) while listening to TV (increased volume level in STB remote too), is this normal because if I am listening to Airplay or tuner for example the volume level ~ -35db is enough for me.

Bangalore

Awesome

HDMI port 1 supports ARC
      Sir this is actually HDMI 2, I checked yesterday

Audio Banned

Awesome

Only disadvantage is have to really crank the volume in amp high
      Max out the volume in the STB.
      ICE, 4-way active - Eclipse CD7200mkii Head Unit, Kenwood KOS-300, Two Pioneer GM-X944 amps, Dayton midbass and wideband, Dayton AMT tweeters, Infinity Kappa sub, Ref. MX cables, entec speaker cables,
      Home: 3-way active: Dune Media Player, Parasound ZDAc v2, DBX 3-way analogue crossover, DIY 3-way tower speakers, 6-channel DNM amplifier: 2-way passive: Laptop source, TEAC UD301 DAC, 6J1 active tube buffer, Adcom amplifier, Infinity bookshelf and Wharfedale subwoofer

Awesome

Max out the volume in the STB.
      I think STB volume level does not effect optical cable case. The volume level is controlled only by the receiver's volume control.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread Information