• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.1 Home Audio System - Budget <30K

Audio Banned

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
      What were you doing in last 2 months ?, Looks like you were lost listening to this YSP
      lol...no....heard it in Yamaha Chennai showroom during a special demo session for media persons.
      The demo was sadly more of a marketing gimmick...but managed to befriend the technical head.
      When I showed some interest and understanding, he organised a post demo demo explaining all features which went on for more than 3 hours.
      Was quite an experience...Book of Eli, Avatar, Finding Nemo..were some of the movies demoed.
      Low Profile ICE rebirth with ALLO amps, Eclipse CD7200mkii Head Unit, Kenwood KOS-300, Dayton midbass and wideband, Four Dayton AMT tweeters, ntech speaker cables and quanden interconnects.
      Home Audio: Laptop/Dune Media Player source, TEAC UD301 dual mono DAC, Adcom dual mono amplifier, Infinity bookshelf speakers and Wharfedale subwoofer

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      How about this Yamaha MCR-B043BL Micro Component System?

Yamaha MCR-B043BL Micro Component System: Amazon.in: Electronics

Awesome

While home theatre needs more thinking over, because of so many options, for portable music system, I can take a quick decision. rksingh1 you said you have proteomics by based speaker system which has BT and FM. I read good reviews about it on Amazon. You also suggested Philips boom box, but that has just 2watt output. While proteomics is 7 watts. How is the sound in portronics at higher levels? I just need FM and USB. No CD player is needed. Portronics seem good enough from the reviews. Philips AT10/00 has No CD player, and costs about 2.5k, but sound output is just 2 watts, same as other Philips boom boxes.
      --------------------------------------------
      2002 Hero Honda CBZ
      2004 Maruti Alto Lx
      2011 Tata Indica Vista Aqua
      2015 Tata Safari Storme Vx 4x4

Global Tolerator
      Searching...

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by speed79 View Post
      Philips AT10/00
      We have another cousin of that at our home which has capability of playing cassettes and CDs but doesn't have wireless functionalities, rather we didn't require that. Main reason to buy it was the capability of playing cassettes. My mother uses it listen FM/SW and some CDs along with some old cassettes.

Audio quality wise pretty ordinary thing, obviously. Just okay for low level listening. All you will hear is typical vocals, little bit high frequency and zero bass. Suites to the content like what my mother listens and at the volume levels she prefers.

Whatever i buy, would be used mostly at low to medium volume. Slightly louder volume might be needed occasionally when my kids/wife want to dance on the songs.
      Not gonna suffice the purpose you are looking at. You need 'proper' audio system.
      Last edited by Jack Sparrow; 19th Sep 2016 at 11:05.

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      How is the sound in portronics at higher levels
      Loudness is good, but I doubt the quality of sound output is great. I mean, you can listen to FM (reasonable reception quality), USB, SD cards etc work very well, but if you are looking for immersive (this word seems to be reserved for VR only, but I'll use it anyway), sound experience, you'll be slightly disappointed.

It used to sound better when I bought it initially, however, now, the quality seems to have gone down. After all, it was a 1400 bucks speaker - can't expect it to break records anyway with that price tag. A better option - I have seen my friends jump into is Mi Bluetooth speakers. They apparently have better sound quality.

At the end of the day, remember, it is a simple, portable music listening device. Let me see if I can record a video and post it here for you. Or see if you can some video reviews of the product.

Something similar from JBL is this one : JBL Flip 2 Portable wireless speaker with 5-hour battery and speakerphone technology, Black Price: Buy JBL Flip 2 Portable wireless speaker with 5-hour battery and speakerphone technology, Black Online in India -Amazon.in

There are few from Logitech with great reviews : Amazon.in: Buy Logitech X100 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker (Black and Grey) Online at Low Prices in India | Logitech Reviews Ratings & Amazon.in: Buy Logitech X50 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker (Black/Grey) Online at Low Prices in India | Logitech Reviews Ratings (Both are mainly bluetooth only)

This one from logitech has USB and 3.5mm jack too : Amazon.in: Buy Logitech X300 Bluetooth Speaker (Blue) Online at Low Prices in India | Logitech Reviews Ratings

There are mind blowing reviews for this device : SoundBot SB571 Bluetooth Wireless Speaker (Black) Price: Buy SoundBot SB571 Bluetooth Wireless Speaker (Black) Online in India -Amazon.in (But no USB, only BT and 3.5mm)

Even Sony has a product in this line : Buy Sony SRS-XB2 EXTRA BASS Portable Wireless Speaker with Bluetooth and NFC (Black) Online at Best Price in India - Snapdeal (Slightly expensive at 6k, again not USB, only BT and 3.5mm)

Also check this one : Buy F&D E200 Plus Bluetooth Soundbar - Black (Laptop/Desktop) Online at Best Price in India - Snapdeal (F&D is pretty much known brand, however, they sound good)

Recommended : Buy Philips DSP470U Bluetooth Soundbar (with wired Subwoofer) Online at Best Price in India - Snapdeal (From phillips, got USB, FM, BT, has a wired Woofer, costs 4k, and great sound quality)

Awesome

At present Philips Fidelio B5/12 Soundbar With Detachable Wireless Surround Speakers and Wireless Sub-Woofer(Black) seems good, from online reviews. It costs about 45k from online stores. Also its predecessor Philips Fidelio HTL9100 looks good at about 36k. Not sure what 9100 lacks as compared to B5/12. I am trying to get time for audition of these in real, but not getting time. These are 4.1 channel totally wireless solutions, as per my need.

Philips Fidelio was suggested by gkannan, and i had ignored it in favour of jbl 350 soundbar (2.1), all because I am enamoured to my Storme's Harman Kardon system. But after some googling, Philips Fidelio seems a better option with real 4.1 channles instead of just 2.1 of other soundbars.
      Last edited by speed79; 13th Oct 2016 at 19:04.

No Commerce, Just Fun
      Not so cold winter days are
      here...

Secret

Philips Fidelio B5/12 Soundbar With Detachable Wireless Surround Speakers and Wireless Sub-Woofer(Black) seems good,
      You could also check these out, one is wired (19K) and another one is wireless (54K) for 5.1 system (3+1+1+0.1)

5.1 ch Home Theatre System with Bluetooth | Wireless | audio player | music system | HT-RT3 | sound bar | Sony IN | Sony IN

5.1ch Home Cinema System with Wi-Fi | HT-RT5 | Sony IN

Audio Banned

Awesome

Not sure what 9100 lacks as compared to B5/12
      The B5/12 has NFC and the latest APTX bluetooth protocol.
      It also has spatial calibration to balance the sound between speakers (especially the surround) irrespective of where ever the wireless speakers are placed.
      Low Profile ICE rebirth with ALLO amps, Eclipse CD7200mkii Head Unit, Kenwood KOS-300, Dayton midbass and wideband, Four Dayton AMT tweeters, ntech speaker cables and quanden interconnects.
      Home Audio: Laptop/Dune Media Player source, TEAC UD301 dual mono DAC, Adcom dual mono amplifier, Infinity bookshelf speakers and Wharfedale subwoofer

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
      Actualy two days back I visited Sony Centre in Indiranagar for some audiotion, but there are under renovation. So I went to Croma, which is adjacent to it. At Chroma they did not have any separate audition room. They did not have any optical cable as well. The sales guy was trying to use AUX-in as audio source. I said no point. SO he connected a phone with bluetooth and played songs on HT systems. One was JBL SB150. It did not sound too well. THe other one was SOny HT RT3, and it was loud that is all I can say, it being some 600W. How can somebody decide a surround HT system by listening to a song.

I tried to read reviews on SOny RT3, RT5, RT390 and RT790, but did not find any reviews. Unfortunately, I don't have golden ears to identify best among the good ones. So I have been thinking of using some expert reviews (not user reviews) available online for making the decision.

Quote Originally Posted by gkannan View Post
      The B5/12 has NFC and the latest APTX bluetooth protocol.
      It also has spatial calibration to balance the sound between speakers (especially the surround) irrespective of where ever the wireless speakers are placed.
      One concern that I have regarding Fidelio RT9100 and B5: what would happen once the LI-polymer battery of the surround speakers needs replacement? Are these some custome batteries, or just regular ones?

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      So during the sale days, the keeda of getting a HT system / audio system bit me again. I tried looking through the sites, but I wasn't sure what am I looking for.

While I am sold on sophistication and quality of Yamaha YHT systems, I am still skeptical about its form factor. I am not convinced with a wired satellite system and wires all over my hall. Also, do I need a 5.1 or 2.1 system wasn't clear either. I need it to sound well and that's all. May be a sound bar will do. Not sure. Also, the thought that I need to leave my current spacious 2/BHK flat and shift to relatively small 2BHK in December worried me.

At the end, I simply killed that keeda|

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information