• Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Itís Brown, No BlackÖ err Grey. My 2016 Tata Safari Storme VX 4X4

Getting lost is fun!!!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by speed79 View Post

Not yet.

Tomorrow am taking Storme for service (if it does not rain) to Prerana.

Is Prerana better or KHT for service? I have got my Storme serviced at KHT till now. Was thinking of trying out Prerana. KHT guys even don't do wheel balancing properly, there are vibrations starting at speed of around 100 kmph.
      Its hard to choose but Prerana has better stock of spare parts which is why I go there.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Getting lost is fun!!!

Awesome

Storme has a new garage mate, brought the baby SUV home today.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Flywheel View Post
      Storme has a new garage mate, brought the baby SUV home today.

Congrats on getting Nexon XZ+!! Was it planned purchase or an impulsive one?

Even I have been thinking of getting one in same color. Only question is what should I do with my existing cars. I have an Alto which I cannot sell as it is UP regd. And if I buy Nexon, vista too will become redundant. Wife will have Nexon, and then I will have to part with vista or shall have to start taking vista to office. In latter case, Storme would be used very less.
      --------------------------------------------
      2002 Hero Honda CBZ
      2004 Maruti Alto Lx
      2011 Tata Indica Vista Aqua
      2015 Tata Safari Storme Vx 4x4

Getting lost is fun!!!

Awesome

Congrats on getting Nexon XZ+!! Was it planned purchase or an impulsive one?

Even I have been thinking of getting one in same color. Only question is what should I do with my existing cars. I have an Alto which I cannot sell as it is UP regd. And if I buy Nexon, vista too will become redundant. Wife will have Nexon, and then I will have to part with vista or shall have to start taking vista to office. In latter case, Storme would be used very less.
      It was very much a planned a purchase, with dad back to Bangalore full time the Nano was replaced with the Nexon.
      On a side note, I have an Alto as well which used to be the daily drive until the roads in Bangalore started resembling the surface of the moon!

Awesome

It was very much a planned a purchase, with dad back to Bangalore full time the Nano was replaced with the Nexon.
      On a side note, I have an Alto as well which used to be the daily drive until the roads in Bangalore started resembling the surface of the moon!

It is probably first Nexon on GH. Would appreciate your views on Nexon as compared to storme. After we got storme, my wife doesn't like sitting in vista because of lower seating when compared to storme, another issue with vista is that all around visibility is low, and A pillar makes a big blind spot. Now even I feel vista is difficult to drive in traffic as I visibility of surrounding is not so good.
      2002 Hero Honda CBZ
      2004 Maruti Alto Lx

Getting lost is fun!!!

Awesome

It is probably first Nexon on GH. Would appreciate your views on Nexon as compared to storme. After we got storme, my wife doesn't like sitting in vista because of lower seating when compared to storme, another issue with vista is that all around visibility is low, and A pillar makes a big blind spot. Now even I feel vista is difficult to drive in traffic as I visibility of surrounding is not so good.
      I haven't driven a Vista but I am pretty sure the visibility in the Nexon will be worse than the Vista. The steeply raked windscreens and bootlid reduce visibility quite a lot. After driving the Safari I actually found it quite difficult for the first few kms . The rear camera is a must I guess. The A Pillar is quite thick in the Nexon as well.

As far as seating height is confirmed its probably just a little bit more than the Vista. Were I found it excel was around corners after the driving the Safari for a year I was enjoying myself around corners in the Nexon. The engine feels a lot more refined and is quite fuel efficient. It lacks a turbo kick and I would loved a little more power under the hood.

Please let me know if your looking for anything in particular.

Awesome

I haven't driven a Vista but I am pretty sure the visibility in the Nexon will be worse than the Vista. The steeply raked windscreens and bootlid reduce visibility quite a lot. After driving the Safari I actually found it quite difficult for the first few kms . The rear camera is a must I guess. The A Pillar is quite thick in the Nexon as well.
      Since Nexon has been derived from Vista, i think the A pillar would have remained unchanged, and so would be the visibility concern/blind-spot. Problem is not because of thickness, as it won't be as think as in Storme, i think the problem is that the driver seat is too near to A pillar in Vista (Nexon), and it would block a larger field of view. Add to that, my wife drives sitting too close to steering wheel as she feels she has better control of the brakes if she sits nearer. It is very uncomfortable position, and dangerous too.

Also, the small rear window coupled with thick C pillar would probably hamper the visibility more in Nexon.

Were I found it excel was around corners after the driving the Safari for a year I was enjoying myself around corners in the Nexon.
      Storme is so much better than Vista around the corners. If Nexon is even better than Storme, that would be a treat to drive!!

Is yours a petrol or a diesel?

As far as seating height is confirmed its probably just a little bit more than the Vista.
      After we bought Vista, my wife refused to sit in Alto as she felt sitting in Alto was as if we were sitting on the road, and she liked sitting in Vista much better than Alto. After Storme, the seating position/height got even higher, and now Vista seating looks too low.

Will try to get a TD and then see if it can get its place in my garage.
      2002 Hero Honda CBZ
      2004 Maruti Alto Lx

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Congratulation Flywheel. Requesting you to please start a separate thread for Nexon. I am sure there are many folks out there looking for details on it.

Can you possibly share you buying experience and dealer discounts / prices etc. Festive season is great to buy vehicles.

I sat in Storme and had zero issues with what I could see in front. Felt completely at home just for those 4-5km that I drove.

Getting lost is fun!!!

Awesome

Since Nexon has been derived from Vista, i think the A pillar would have remained unchanged, and so would be the visibility concern/blind-spot. Problem is not because of thickness, as it won't be as think as in Storme, i think the problem is that the driver seat is too near to A pillar in Vista (Nexon), and it would block a larger field of view. Add to that, my wife drives sitting too close to steering wheel as she feels she has better control of the brakes if she sits nearer. It is very uncomfortable position, and dangerous too.

Also, the small rear window coupled with thick C pillar would probably hamper the visibility more in Nexon.

Storme is so much better than Vista around the corners. If Nexon is even better than Storme, that would be a treat to drive!!

Is yours a petrol or a diesel?

After we bought Vista, my wife refused to sit in Alto as she felt sitting in Alto was as if we were sitting on the road, and she liked sitting in Vista much better than Alto. After Storme, the seating position/height got even higher, and now Vista seating looks too low.

Will try to get a TD and then see if it can get its place in my garage.
      Yes , it has more to do with the rear windscreen and thick c pillars. We got the diesel and we are already seeing 19 kmpl on the average FE so I am pleasantly surprised.

I guess the Safari has spoilt me with the driving position. Dad didn't have any problem with the Nexon other than rear visibility.

There isn't much roll into corners and the since it's slightly stiffly sprung the mid corner bumps don't disturb the line you take. Just the way I like it, waiting to take it sometime up a ghat road to see how it takes it.

Getting lost is fun!!!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by rksingh1 View Post
      Congratulation Flywheel. Requesting you to please start a separate thread for Nexon. I am sure there are many folks out there looking for details on it.

Can you possibly share you buying experience and dealer discounts / prices etc. Festive season is great to buy vehicles.

I sat in Storme and had zero issues with what I could see in front. Felt completely at home just for those 4-5km that I drove.
      Thank you, yes I am drafting the ownership review and should have it ready by this weekend hopefully.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread Information