• Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza - ownership thread

Life is a journey. Keep
      Driving.

Awesome

Hi Everyone,

I am sorry for posting a reply so late after I took ownership of my car back in Oct-2016. I have been on travel on and off because of work so could not visit the thread.
      I am briefly sharing my pros and cons here in this post:

PROS:
      1. Strong AC: The AC is powerful. It cools the cabin really quick.
      2. Fuel Mileage: I get good mileage of 14.5 to 15.0 within the city limits. I am pretty happy with it the way I have to push my clutch and breaks in bangalore.
      3. Easier maintenance: Hassle-free maintenance of the vehicle is a big advantage. There are no complaints on that front.
      4. Low maintenance costs: I paid only 1550/- for my first paid service. I am pretty sure it will be more than 3000-4000 going forward.
      5. Infotainment system: Powerful music and speakers. Crisp sound from the speakers. I love them.
      6. Low cabin noise: Even though the vehicle is diesel, the cabin noise from the engine is low. I think Maruti has done a good job on this front.

CONS:
      1. Fog lamp: My RH Fog lamp cover comes off and bulb fuses often. I have raised a complaint with service center and still waiting for a reply.
      2. Car Drag: The car feels like dragging as if trying to save on fuel when the fuel indicator drops to less than half on the fuel indicator.
      3. 2000 RPM: The pick up is really bad below 2000 RPM. It gets difficult to overtake most of the time.
      4. Wheel Alignment: Sometimes I feel the car rocks from left to right, back and forth, on the roads even when I feel the roads are flat. I guess this has something to do with the wheel alignment and air pressure but then I have got it checked at the service center and they confirmed that the wheel is properly aligned. If someone can confirm this then it will be great.
      5. Maps: Recent software upgrade shows maps on screen from android devices but not from iOS devices. This is a big let down.
      6. Mini Fridge: I feel its a waste of space as it does not serve the intended purpose of cooling the soft drinks.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Regards,
      ArkyTechie
      (Mango Man, Car & Bike Enthusiast)
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Yamaha FZ-16 (Sold)
      Thunderbird350 (Apr-2013)
      Hyundai Santro LP ZipPlus (Sold)
      Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza (Oct-2016)

swift petrol to VB diesel
      upgrade

Awesome

Hi Everyone,

I am also a proud Brezza owner since 4 months and have already done 5.4km
      Although I am very happy with the car till now, I have a strange incident to share.

During my last trip to Mangalore, i took the charmadi ghat route. After crossing the ghat section, somewhere near Belthangady, i was happly surprised to see the Mileage on my car as it was showing 30kmpl i kept on driving and the mileage was fluctuating between 28 to 30kmpl. Just that i should not miss this once in lifetime mileage i pulled over and took couple of pics too.
      Again while driving i could manage to take couple of pics.
      I am pretty sure this should be some glitch. But if anyone else have come across such kind of observation kindly share your thoughts.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5997.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	230367

I am IN

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by speed_byte View Post
      Hi Everyone,

I am also a proud Brezza owner since 4 months and have already done 5.4km
      Although I am very happy with the car till now, I have a strange incident to share.

During my last trip to Mangalore, i took the charmadi ghat route. After crossing the ghat section, somewhere near Belthangady, i was happly surprised to see the Mileage on my car as it was showing 30kmpl i kept on driving and the mileage was fluctuating between 28 to 30kmpl. Just that i should not miss this once in lifetime mileage i pulled over and took couple of pics too.
      Again while driving i could manage to take couple of pics.
      I am pretty sure this should be some glitch. But if anyone else have come across such kind of observation kindly share your thoughts.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5997.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	230367
      Couple of things:

1. Even I have observed that the average fuel efficiency sometimes shows the strange higher amount.

2. Instant fuel efficiency hits the 30s when coasting/cruising downhill in 5th gear. 30 is the hard limit set may be to prevent divide by zero error in the calculation somewhere.
      Satyameva Jayate | Truth Alone Triumphs

I am IN

Awesome

I have completed around 30 K kilometers now. It has been smooth driving so far. Getting around 15 kmpl in town and 18 kmpl on highways. No significant rattles yet.

Had a small spring loose under the passenger seat causing some rattle and was fixed. Driver seat has an unknown 1 mm travel or so that is sometime disconcerting in ghat roads.

I am IN

Awesome

Is anyone using a dustbin?

I am IN

Awesome

Maruti's service circular for the Baleno, S-Cross and Vitara Brezza steering - Team-BHP

Some units of Brezza seem to have defective steering and need to be replaced.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

REGARDING BREEZA OE PROJECTOR light

Hi,

this is sathya i have one question regarding trim model breeza projector light visible is total waste.

what is the use of Projector ? not match even HID bulb also installed no use i tried after market projector replace OE projector amazing visible.

After i study the OE projector of maruthi housing is too short due to this only OE maruthi projector fails on road visible.

Requested maruthi to use good quality of projector in headlight to avoid customer to search & study after market parts.

Regards,
      Sathya

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information