• Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza - ownership thread

Life is a journey. Keep
      Driving.

Awesome

Hi Everyone,

I am sorry for posting a reply so late after I took ownership of my car back in Oct-2016. I have been on travel on and off because of work so could not visit the thread.
      I am briefly sharing my pros and cons here in this post:

PROS:
      1. Strong AC: The AC is powerful. It cools the cabin really quick.
      2. Fuel Mileage: I get good mileage of 14.5 to 15.0 within the city limits. I am pretty happy with it the way I have to push my clutch and breaks in bangalore.
      3. Easier maintenance: Hassle-free maintenance of the vehicle is a big advantage. There are no complaints on that front.
      4. Low maintenance costs: I paid only 1550/- for my first paid service. I am pretty sure it will be more than 3000-4000 going forward.
      5. Infotainment system: Powerful music and speakers. Crisp sound from the speakers. I love them.
      6. Low cabin noise: Even though the vehicle is diesel, the cabin noise from the engine is low. I think Maruti has done a good job on this front.

CONS:
      1. Fog lamp: My RH Fog lamp cover comes off and bulb fuses often. I have raised a complaint with service center and still waiting for a reply.
      2. Car Drag: The car feels like dragging as if trying to save on fuel when the fuel indicator drops to less than half on the fuel indicator.
      3. 2000 RPM: The pick up is really bad below 2000 RPM. It gets difficult to overtake most of the time.
      4. Wheel Alignment: Sometimes I feel the car rocks from left to right, back and forth, on the roads even when I feel the roads are flat. I guess this has something to do with the wheel alignment and air pressure but then I have got it checked at the service center and they confirmed that the wheel is properly aligned. If someone can confirm this then it will be great.
      5. Maps: Recent software upgrade shows maps on screen from android devices but not from iOS devices. This is a big let down.
      6. Mini Fridge: I feel its a waste of space as it does not serve the intended purpose of cooling the soft drinks.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Regards,
      ArkyTechie
      (Mango Man, Car & Bike Enthusiast)
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Yamaha FZ-16 (Sold)
      Thunderbird350 (Apr-2013)
      Hyundai Santro LP ZipPlus (Sold)
      Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza (Oct-2016)

swift petrol to VB diesel
      upgrade

Awesome

Hi Everyone,

I am also a proud Brezza owner since 4 months and have already done 5.4km
      Although I am very happy with the car till now, I have a strange incident to share.

During my last trip to Mangalore, i took the charmadi ghat route. After crossing the ghat section, somewhere near Belthangady, i was happly surprised to see the Mileage on my car as it was showing 30kmpl i kept on driving and the mileage was fluctuating between 28 to 30kmpl. Just that i should not miss this once in lifetime mileage i pulled over and took couple of pics too.
      Again while driving i could manage to take couple of pics.
      I am pretty sure this should be some glitch. But if anyone else have come across such kind of observation kindly share your thoughts.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5997.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	230367

I am IN

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by speed_byte View Post
      Hi Everyone,

I am also a proud Brezza owner since 4 months and have already done 5.4km
      Although I am very happy with the car till now, I have a strange incident to share.

During my last trip to Mangalore, i took the charmadi ghat route. After crossing the ghat section, somewhere near Belthangady, i was happly surprised to see the Mileage on my car as it was showing 30kmpl i kept on driving and the mileage was fluctuating between 28 to 30kmpl. Just that i should not miss this once in lifetime mileage i pulled over and took couple of pics too.
      Again while driving i could manage to take couple of pics.
      I am pretty sure this should be some glitch. But if anyone else have come across such kind of observation kindly share your thoughts.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5997.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	230367
      Couple of things:

1. Even I have observed that the average fuel efficiency sometimes shows the strange higher amount.

2. Instant fuel efficiency hits the 30s when coasting/cruising downhill in 5th gear. 30 is the hard limit set may be to prevent divide by zero error in the calculation somewhere.
      Satyameva Jayate | Truth Alone Triumphs

I am IN

Awesome

I have completed around 30 K kilometers now. It has been smooth driving so far. Getting around 15 kmpl in town and 18 kmpl on highways. No significant rattles yet.

Had a small spring loose under the passenger seat causing some rattle and was fixed. Driver seat has an unknown 1 mm travel or so that is sometime disconcerting in ghat roads.

I am IN

Awesome

Is anyone using a dustbin?

I am IN

Awesome

Maruti's service circular for the Baleno, S-Cross and Vitara Brezza steering - Team-BHP

Some units of Brezza seem to have defective steering and need to be replaced.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information