• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Suggestion Needed for HID's

CrAzY..!!

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by bhvm View Post
      Canbus sensing is not present in Indian cars AFAIK.
      Its usually present in BMW, Audi, VAG group cars.
      True to my knowledge. CANBUS seems to be useless until it do something else other than warning.

Quote Originally Posted by bhvm View Post
      I would bother with relays if the car is an older type (Pre 2008 or something).
      Probably need more detailed info in this...will get in touch with MASS guy for particular details for the electrical.
      __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________
      '11 Maruti Swift VDi | '16 Maruti Ciaz ZDi+
      '08 Maruti Alto LXi | '11 Hyundai Santro GLS | '12 Chevrolet Beat LS |

Learning each day

Awesome

[QUOTE=geniousdahiya;545473]True to my knowledge. CANBUS seems to be useless until it do something else other than warning.

A canbus ballast is just about $5 more than a non-canbus version. Hardly a saving worth giving a 2nd thought, unless one is really on shoestring budget

Quote Originally Posted by geniousdahiya View Post
      Probably need more detailed info in this...will get in touch with MASS guy for particular details for the electrical.
      Too much discussion over just a relay wiring harness. It will do no harm to the existing electrical system and will also ensure no warranty is void as the load is taken off entirely from the OEM wiring. As beautifully explained by straightpipe it will only ensure that there is no excess load on your car OEM wiring. Recently did the wiring for a Linea which had HID projectors in low beam and HID bulb in high. The HID bulb in high would always have flickering issue even after using Canbus ballast. After taking the load of just 1 ballast from OEM wiring to the wiring harness the flickering stopped, just 1 ballast not a pair, just 1 unit.

new member :D

Awesome

So what solution you find at-last?
      Your reviews with the Morimoto H7 hid setup? Light output, Range, issues, light throw uniformity?
      I will be very thank full to you for a detailed review as i am also stuck in decision to put HIDs in projectors made for halogens.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikasgurgaon View Post
      Philips HID kit Including Ballast INR 8900
      H7 12V 35W 6000K - Philips HID Kit - Sparesncare

OSRAM XENARC Conversion Kit INR 8199
      H7 HID Kit 6000K - Osram Xenarc - Sparesncare
      These seems to be fake/replica of originals as Philips only sells D2s socket bulbs only for OEM hid projectors.
      Well, D2s bulb are very compatible with the H7 bulb as their filament/arc are at the same place from the bulb base.
      One can contact a good dealer to test a d2s bulb on their H7 projector. I am also using a H7 hid bulb on my D2s projector as the H7 sockets are much cheaper then D2s and the light output is very similar and uniform throughout the range.

Quote Originally Posted by kunwar.g View Post
      With the 55W ballast would clearly warn you to use only with a wiring harness.

Also, you are correct in your apprehension of damaging the reflector in the long run with the HID bulb being powered by a 55W ballast.
      Please clear my doubts

-Replacing a 55w halo with 55w hid always recommends using wiring harness. WHY? (just because of initial high current requirement or anything else? since wattage is same)

- Do 55w hid bulb runs hotter then 55w haolgen bulb? IF yes, then by how much difference? A lot of people uses 100w H7 halogens in their projectors which runs much much hotter then 55w halo, even required relay and wiring harness. Do 55w hid really make more heat then 100w halos?

- I have both 35w and 55w ballast and there is noticeable difference in their light output. 55w setup is brighter then 35w with good margin. WHY choose a 35w setup over a birghter 55w hid setup if heat and bulb life is not an issue?

CrAzY..!!

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by toshar View Post
      Replacing a 55w halo with 55w hid always recommends using wiring harness. WHY? (just because of initial high current requirement or anything else? since wattage is same)
      i am also in hunt of answer to this question...

- Do 55w hid bulb runs hotter then 55w haolgen bulb? IF yes, then by how much difference? A lot of people uses 100w H7 halogens in their projectors which runs much much hotter then 55w halo, even required relay and wiring harness. Do 55w hid really make more heat then 100w halos?
      There was a post in the other Auto lightning thread i am not able to search this, but that describes the answer in detail.

- I have both 35w and 55w ballast and there is noticeable difference in their light output. 55w setup is brighter then 35w with good margin. WHY choose a 35w setup over a birghter 55w hid setup if heat and bulb life is not an issue?
      Heat consequently chuck off your reflectors, be it projectors reflector or the normal one. and changing them (the assembly itself) is costly.
      for me heat is not a problem, but the consequences from that heat is a major concern.
      __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________
      '11 Maruti Swift VDi | '16 Maruti Ciaz ZDi+
      '08 Maruti Alto LXi | '11 Hyundai Santro GLS | '12 Chevrolet Beat LS |

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information