• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestion Needed for HID's

AWOL

Awesome

I'd just buy original CNLight bulbs and Hylux ballasts. Won't bother with the kits.
      Fiat Palio 1.6 S10
      Yamaha RX165 5-Speed | Yamaha RXZ | Yamaha RD350 | HH Karizma | Honda NSR150SP

CrAzY..!!

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
      I'd just buy original CNLight bulbs and Hylux ballasts. Won't bother with the kits.
      Do share your experience of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________
      '11 Maruti Swift VDi | '16 Maruti Ciaz ZDi+
      '08 Maruti Alto LXi | '11 Hyundai Santro GLS | '12 Chevrolet Beat LS |

LightMan

Hungry

Honestly philips/osram don't make kits. They sell bulbs which are close to $150-200 only for bulbs. AFAIK the kits are badged as philips/osram by chinese manufactures.
      Headlight Setup-Custom Rx350(Low beam converted to bixenon) Projector, Sti-r lens, Step Cutoff, Custom Painted Headlight(Moonlight Silver, Black And Chrome), switchback led.
      5000k @55w.

CrAzY..!!

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by straightpipe View Post
      Honestly philips/osram don't make kits
      i have seen OSRAM kits have their tags on ballasts and relays in the kits. same goes for philips.
      do we have any reliable kits in market?
      __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________

LightMan

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by geniousdahiya View Post
      i have seen OSRAM kits have their tags on ballasts and relays in the kits. same goes for philips.
      do we have any reliable kits in market?
      Really I don't think so. For that matter if you buy in bulk from china they can print your name tags too(1000-2000 pieces if you buy). The reason why osram started providing codes with their bulbs so one can verify its originality from website using that code. Regarding other reliable kits. You can use search button to find it here on gearheads.
      Headlight Setup-Custom Rx350(Low beam converted to bixenon) Projector, Sti-r lens, Step Cutoff, Custom Painted Headlight(Moonlight Silver, Black And Chrome), switchback led.
      5000k @55w.

CrAzY..!!

Hungry

Sad...i think i should stick with Halos then..

LightMan

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by geniousdahiya View Post
      Sad...i think i should stick with Halos then..
      Why so? See there are many kits available and are very reliable and promising performers. I have used cnlight, hilux, dlt and currently using XP bulbs. These all are very reliable. You can upgrade to these.
      5000k @55w.

CrAzY..!!

Hungry

Hmm. I should give a try to them. Will go to Naharpur this weekend probably

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Please read up on C.R.I or also called Color Rendition Index before splurging on H.I.D or L.E.D. Have you noticed the LED of your smartphone which has two colour led to cover the spectrum partially. For full coverage of the spectrum we would need about 5 leds. There is less strain on the drivers eye as well as eyes of drivers of oncoming traffic when using high CRI bulbs. I have an extremely focused Philips HID bulbs with HYLUX ballast in my Cruze. Look up the forum as to how I fixed them. The 50 watt HYLUX ballasts which I have installed now are better than the 35 watt Philips ballasts which is spare as of now and lying in the garage. I got myself two sets of Philips bulbs. One is German philips made and the other Chinese philips made. Without doubt the German bulbs are far brighter even though it is 6000k. Theoretically the Chinese made 4500 kelvin bulbs should have been brighter. In the FOG's I have 10 watt LED. The LED blinds oncoming traffic and have wired it such that they turn on with high beams. The LED blind oncoming traffic but poor as far as being able to see well on the road. It has all to do with C.R.I and the sensitivity of cones in our retina. If you want to see better with HID you would need 3 sets, one with 3000 kelvin bulbs another with 4300 kelvin and another with 6000 kelvin. If going the LED route you would need 5 different colours since the spectrum spread is too narrow. Please read up on C.R.I ( sounding like a broken record)

After using these HID and LED combo for 6 and half years I would suggest Philips 100 watt Rally filament incandescent bulbs with ceramic relay especially if you want to see better in clear conditions and Osram All weather for the rainy season. Brighter does not always mean the ability to see better. Without doubt my combo is brighter than 130 main beams and 55 watt Fogs but I cannot see better. Human faces behind the steering wheel of oncoming cars and skin colour gets lit up like fire flys with the HID but other objects on the road are not lit up equally. With the money saved get your car's glass professionally cleaned and take your wife out for dinner.
      Last edited by drpullockaran; 22nd Oct 2016 at 14:47.
      Bye and wear your seat belts.

CrAzY..!!

Hungry

That's something worth considering.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information