Thread: Wagon R- Problem with AC

Storme'd

Wagon R- Problem with AC

I own a Maruti Wagon R which i bought back in 2006 (Its almost 4 years old now). Till date i never had any problems (not even minor - its almost 37000 kms run now) with my car till recently i went on a long drive and was coming back to Bangalore from Mangalore..after half the distance i felt the inside cabin temperature is too high in spite of the fact that AC was on (No. 2 on regulator). After some time i realized AC is not blowing cold air and it started making strange noise. Even when i kept the AC on full no cold air and only the noise increased.

I am planning to take my car for AC repair, However I would like to understand from you guys what exactly must have gone wrong if you have faced similar issues in the past.

I sincerely appreciate your help and responses.

Regards
    Deepak

PS: Not sure whether i posted my query in the right section. So Mods requesting you to move if i did so.

Support Donkey
    Turbo Lag - Giving the NA guys
    just 1 extra second of false
    hope :p

Looks like you might have run out of gas in the AC condensor. Keep your fingers crossed that it is just that and not a leak in the condensor, in which case you will have to replace it.

Storme'd

Quote Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
    Looks like you might have run out of gas in the AC condensor. Keep your fingers crossed that it is just that and not a leak in the condensor, in which case you will have to replace it.
    OH i see..Any idea how much would it cost me approximately in both scenarios if i take my car to Maruti service center? or do u recommend taking my vehicle to local service center in Bangalore?

Support Donkey
    Turbo Lag - Giving the NA guys
    just 1 extra second of false
    hope :p

Just a refill should be around 1-1.5k. Replacement, I have no clue for the Wagon-R. I am guessing it should be around 5k. My Baleno AC condensor costs 22k. I would suggest you go to a MASS. You would not want to end up with a fake condensor, it will reduce the effect of the AC.

Storme'd

Quote Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
    Just a refill should be around 1-1.5k. Replacement, I have no clue for the Wagon-R. I am guessing it should be around 5k. My Baleno AC condensor costs 22k. I would suggest you go to a MASS. You would not want to end up with a fake condensor, it will reduce the effect of the AC.
    Ok Thanks. Planning to take my car tomorrow to service center.. Will keep you posted

http://i52.tinypic.com/4p
    Trolling Virtual Worlds.....

oopsie looks like you have damaged your a/c condenser with debris.. Now this is not your fault happens all the time..when the car moves at a fast pace and if there are winds on the road strong enough to pick up small grains of sand or small stones , and due to speed of the car,(typical highway scenarios)
    the stones hit your a/c condenser thereby causing a leak, now a small hole in the condenser is easily repaired by a trained technician.If there are multiple holes you better change the condenser itself..
    also I must tell you that any condenser repair/replacement needs total refilling of freon (gas)
    .The price of the freon fluctuates so one cannot say the current prices..

the condenser material is pretty weak as its made from pure copper and has aluminium fins over it so it tends to happen in typical highway scenarios, also it might also be that the copper in the condenser would have become corroded and just broke up under high pressure.

Storme'd

thanks guys for all the information. i took my car to MASS today and luckily nothing serious. there was huge tar/dust/mud accumulation due to highway driving and the technician just cleaned it by blowing water under high pressure. Now my car AC is working absolutely normal. he also checked and tested whether there is a need to fill the gas and he confirmed that there is no need whatsoever.

Storme'd

Quote Originally Posted by deepak_dips View Post
    thanks guys for all the information. i took my car to MASS today and luckily nothing serious. there was huge tar/dust/mud accumulation due to highway driving and the technician just cleaned it by blowing water under high pressure. Now my car AC is working absolutely normal. he also checked and tested whether there is a need to fill the gas and he confirmed that there is no need whatsoever.
    Sorry about that i was mentioning about AC compressor above..

Thread Information