• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suspension Modulators are they good for your suspensions?

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Suspension Modulators are they good for your suspensions?

Hi Auto Enthusiasts,

This is my first post and am Happy to be on Gear Heads. Please tolerate me if I sound very silly.

I had an Alto car since 2004 November which was going great. My Family wanted a bigger car (With a big boot) hence have already sold my Alto and have booked an Baleno (I was told that there is an official waiting period of 28 weeks in Bangalore, but the car may be available early also).

Coming to the point, I test drove the car, the issues I found were:
      1. Bouncy Rear - the rear passengers could feel the jerk even in a fairly even road in Bangalore.
      2. Steering not coming back to center - This I am not bothered too much as I can easily manage the same.

About First point (Bouncy Rear), I went through multiple forums, the solution I found were:

1. The cars from Showroom (Both New cars and the ones on Test drive) will have a higher tyre pressure and if we inflate the tyre to 29 PSi this will get reduced.
      2. Other suggestion (though NOT in auto Forums) was to use Suspension Modulators like:

I am worried about Voiding the warranty on my car or ruining the suspensions. Request your suggestions on the same.

Thanks for your response in advance.

^ BHP = Torque X RPM

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Satishds View Post
      test drove the car, the issues I found were:
      Bouncy Rear - the rear passengers could feel the jerk even in a fairly even road in Bangalore.
      don't fret so much. how many test drives have you taken? if not satisfied go for repeat test drives from different dealerships.
      if you still find it bouncy no point buying the car. this is a very good time for buying a premium hatch and almost every competitor is offering good products. consider other options.

Save the endangered species!! Save the Two Strokes!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/130855790280909/

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by bhpistorqintorpm View Post
      don't fret so much. how many test drives have you taken? if not satisfied go for repeat test drives from different dealerships.
      if you still find it bouncy no point buying the car. this is a very good time for buying a premium hatch and almost every competitor is offering good products. consider other options.
      Was under the impression that people are polite and helpful . My Apologies for asking a question here and wasting your time. I am not a person who dances to the tunes of a few people who do not care about others interests. I was under the impression that there are a few people who are more knowledgeable that me in automobiles and provide me an answer which will also help a lot of others who are NOT a members of this group, own a Baleno and are trying to find a solution to their problem ( After seeing the above answer, I believe the best solution my knowledgeable friends give is to sell the car and buy a Lamborghini or Bugatti).

I am thinking if I need to continue with this forum.

Mr. Moderator (if anybody) please look at the posts on this forum (including mine, I am sure you will delete this post of mine) before it gets published

Thanks again for a great response and bright suggestion which NOBODY other than bhpistorqintorpm can provide and I believe this great person thinks everybody other than him are DUMB and a person who has done so much of research would not have tried test driving multiple cars(from different Nexa Showrooms and different Manufacturers) and evaluated the offers available on them.
      Last edited by Satishds; 29th Oct 2016 at 08:39.

I'm all about sharing the road
      with other drivers—as
      long as they use the part
      that's behind me.

Awesome

Satishds I don't find anything wrong in what bhpistorqintorpm said. You are talking about not being comfortable in a brand new car you going to buy and haven't given any details why you chose baleno even you find ride quality bad. And if you chose the baleno after done the TD's of all cars available which ticks the boxes you need from the car , then you could go for suspension upgrade with Aftermarket suspension kits. And I never heard such a issue in baleno , may he it the TD car ,you could try TD from another dealer.
      VW POLO GT TDI- Code6'ed
      HONDA UNICORN

GT Power!!

Awesome

Was under the impression that people are polite and helpful.
      Dude bhpistorqintorpm 's response was both useful and neither impolite. This is a friendly forum and you may not expect overly diplomatic language. I think you thought his post is sarcastic. It is not. His point being. He is trying to re assure you. Take multiple test drives. May be that particular car was bouncy.
      Next point being, there is no point in buying a car if you don't like to from the outset. He wants you to not waste your money ob a product you dont like. Rather than change vital components from the word go, check out other cars from the same segment . Polo has a flat ride in the rear, but a bit firm. Liva has a great comfy back seat ride.

And your allegations are ironic. you are the who is being impolite and pouncing and ridiculing members who tried to help you. That too in your 2nd post. It seems you created this id just to pick a fight. And don't worry, no one will delete your posts willy nilly even if you provoke
      Thanks,
      Ragesh G R
      ---------------------------------------
      2015 Volkswagen Polo GT TSI
      2014 TVS Wego
      2007 Hyundai Santro Xing XL AT
      2002 TVS Scooty
      1989 Kawasaki Bajaj KB 100 RTZ

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by bhpistorqintorpm View Post
      don't fret so much. how many test drives have you taken?
      If this is the most politest statement, then take me out of this forum, as I am a part of other forums where people are rude enough to read, understand your question and respond aptly to the points mentioned (in Gear Heads I was asking about effectiveness of Suspension Modulators, People are polite enough and have NOT bothered to answer my question till date).

Thanks for NOT bothering to understand my question.

Global Moderator
      At wits end with Safari's
      auto-correct!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Satishds - It is a WELL known fact that test drive cars are the most abused of them all. Hence most people tend to take multiple test drives with different dealers when faced with situation such as yours - to remove doubts. bhpistorqintorpm was only trying to highlight this simple fact.

Quote Originally Posted by rageshgr View Post
      you are the who is being impolite and pouncing and ridiculing members who tried to help you
      I have to agree. Satishds 's post was unnecessarily rude. One can't walk into any new place and diss the place - not the best way to begin.

It seems you created this id just to pick a fight.
      No one can be blamed for thinking that way.

And don't worry, no one will delete your posts willy nilly even if you provoke
      Amen!

Satishds - by an extension of your own logic - please do not expect ANY answer on ANY public forum to conform to your idea of utility/sensitivity. Dare say the ball is squarely in your court!
      A closed mouth gathers no feet.

Meeshakaran Madaiah

Awesome

Blog Entries
      About First point (Bouncy Rear), I went through multiple forums, the solution I found were:

The cars from Showroom (Both New cars and the ones on Test drive) will have a higher tyre pressure and if we inflate the tyre to 29 PSi this will get reduced.
      Other suggestion (though NOT in auto Forums) was to use Suspension Modulators like:

RogerAB: Suspension Rogerab - Roger Motors
      Indisuspension Buffer: Indisuspension Buffer - India
      1) Reducing pressures help for sure if the rear feels skittish. This is something you can easily try with the car once you have it.
      2) A suspension modulator is not a good idea. I have not experienced the bounce that you mentioned in the Baleno. On second thoughts, the bounce you are alluding to I presume is softness of the rear. If that is the case, air pressure adjustment is not the solution.

GT Power!!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by megazoid View Post
      1) Reducing pressures help for sure if the rear feels skittish. This is something you can easily try with the car once you have it.
      2) A suspension modulator is not a good idea. I have not experienced the bounce that you mentioned in the Baleno. On second thoughts, the bounce you are alluding to I presume is softness of the rear. If that is the case, air pressure adjustment is not the solution.
      Also, suspension modulators seem to be some weird contraptions. They claim to increase GC by 3 cm. The testimonials say contradictory things like "My linea now feels like an SUV. I can corner at 160". Lol
      Thanks,
      Ragesh G R
      ---------------------------------------
      2015 Volkswagen Polo GT TSI
      2014 TVS Wego
      2007 Hyundai Santro Xing XL AT
      2002 TVS Scooty
      1989 Kawasaki Bajaj KB 100 RTZ

FIAT for life

Awesome

Also, suspension modulators seem to be some weird contraptions. They claim to increase GC by 3 cm. The testimonials say contradictory things like "My linea now feels like an SUV. I can corner at 160". Lol
      Where did you find that testimonial Ragesh? I want to know which SUV can corner like the Linea 😂
      1960 Select | 1962 Super Select | 1964 Amby | 2003 Palio S10 | 2011 Linea | 2015 Linea

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information